OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 09:02:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icon of St. Harold  (Read 382 times) Average Rating: 0
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« on: June 26, 2011, 03:49:40 PM »

Does anyone know where one can find an icon of St. Harold of England (Godwinson)?

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 04:02:52 PM »

Does anyone know where one can find an icon of St. Harold of England (Godwinson)?

While I eagerly await--though not holding my breath--the official canonisation of King Harold (and his companions), as far as I know it has not been done. Nor have I found any ikons...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 04:03:10 PM by John of the North » Logged

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 04:22:07 PM »

It does seem difficult to find confirmation of (St?) Harold's canonisation, but this OrthodoxWiki article explains the situation in detail. No icons or links to one that I can find.

Personal veneration is permissible, though you won't find him commemorated in a church service.
Tags: British saints 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: