OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 10:10:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Appeal for New Dioceses in Primorye Made  (Read 223 times) Average Rating: 0
kijabeboy03
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

"The glory of God is in man fully alive."

« on: June 24, 2011, 01:32:49 PM »

http://www.patriarchia.ru/db/text/1548035.html
'During the meeting [between Patriarch Cyril, Governor Sergey M. Darkin of Primorye, and Archbishop Benjamin of Vladivostok] the status of church life and church-state relations in Primorye were also discussed. Archbishop Benjamin appealed to His Holiness Patriarch Cyril to form from the Eparchy of Vladivostok and the Maritimes two [new] eparchies.'

I feel like I read somewhere recently that less than half of Siberia and the Russian Far East identifies as Orthodox now, but this discusses how well the Church in Primorye (the Maritime/Primorskiy Territory) is doing vis-a-vis engaging with community organizations and the youth...

"This is the Apostolic Faith, the Orthodox Faith, and the Faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it, and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church." ~ St. Severus of Antioch ~
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 04:19:13 PM »

Praying for them  angel

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: