OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 24, 2014, 04:30:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silly Catholic Masses  (Read 4655 times) Average Rating: 0
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2011, 10:12:39 PM »

Dear Benedict is leading us out of the desolate wilderness. ...
Are you saying here that the Catholic Church had fallen into the desolate wilderness after the changes of Vatican II ?

Liturgically, not AT Vatican II but AFTER Vatican II, yes, the Roman liturgy has been in crisis.

I think, though, that the roots of many of today's problems actually pre-date Vatican II. Sort of like when a nice-looking tree suddenly falls to the ground, because inside it hasn't been sound for some time.

(Sorry for using 2 plant analogies in the same paragraph.)

In many areas, it has indeed been a wilderness. I like to refer to the crisis as the West's version of Iconoclasm. 13 centuries later but just as destructive.

Good point.

Pope Pius X in 1908, I think it wasm wrote a Papal encyclical attacking modernism. Why did he feel a need to do that in 1908, unless the evil had already penetrated the church?

Wink  Evil penetrated the Body of Christ through Adam's sin...When have we been free from the consequences of that?  What golden age can we reference where there was NO sin in the members of the Body?

Tags: ialmisry's b.s. 
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: