OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 11:37:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray for me--I am suffering  (Read 1954 times) Average Rating: 0
loser

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ?

« on: June 21, 2011, 08:33:02 PM »

Please, I beg you to pray for me. I am suffering from severe health problems, from poverty, from spirtual problems and I am failing at everything I set my hands to do. Please pray that God help me or even let me die and repose in a lowly corner in His kingdom.
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 08:37:53 PM »

May the Lord God help, save, keep and have mercy on you!

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 08:38:18 PM »

Praying for your swift recovery.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 08:52:18 PM »

Lord have mercy!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 08:58:37 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 09:03:21 PM »

Lord have mercy

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 09:23:24 PM »

Lord have mercy!

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 09:26:41 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 09:26:47 PM »

Lord have mercy!

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Nelson

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 09:49:45 PM »

Lord have mercy!

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai
Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of Pittsburgh

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 09:59:04 PM »

"...Heal Thy servant, raise her from her bed of pain and suffering and put the medicine of your mercy upon her, You who are the Physician of our souls and bodies."

"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 10:01:53 PM »

God be with you! "Do not let your hearts be troubled," said the Lord.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 10:08:56 PM »

13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Confess your trespasses[e] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
  In the eyes of the LORD there is no such thing as a loser.  LORD have mercy!
IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 10:29:57 PM »

Lord have mercy!
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 10:30:59 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
Phoenix73
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 05:06:30 AM »

Lord Have Mercy
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 03:09:24 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

This priest is both a clinical therapist and a delightful theological doctor of the Church, a life-saving combination of spirituality and pragmatic psychology.  A must read for any of us in Orthodox when we are down, it changed my life so much I read passages from it daily alongside my Gospel readings Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 03:20:24 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 04:52:12 PM »

Lord have mercy of Thy Servant! Send thy angels and hear Your saints intercessions for Him! O Theotokos, intercede, protect and cry out for this child of yours!

Friend,

I would like to recommend this website:

http://orthodoxcounselor.com/

Particularly these areas:
http://orthodoxcounselor.com/articles.htm
http://orthodoxcounselor.com/Recordings.htm
http://orthodoxcounselor.com/healing.htm

The Lord's love for us is greater than our fears, even when we are at the desert.  He is with you. Always.

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
jckstraw72
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »

Lord have mercy!
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 10:51:09 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
blackincense
Simple Incense Maker

Jurisdiction: Serbian

Holy St. Abo, the Perfumer of Bagdad

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 11:49:07 PM »

Please, I beg you to pray for me. I am suffering from severe health problems, from poverty, from spirtual problems and I am failing at everything I set my hands to do. Please pray that God help me or even let me die and repose in a lowly corner in His kingdom.

Dearest sweet and loving "loser" -

From your note, I sense a great deal.  You are not a loser.  You are a "late bloomer".  Your sensitivity in your choice of words tells me you are a "lover", not a "fighter".  Your humility in your wishes tells me that God's promise is true:

"A broken heart and a contrite spirit, God will not despise." (Psalm 51)

You have not failed in "everything".  Case in point:  have you stolen a goat lately and been caught by police?  No?Huh  Therefore, you have not "failed" in EVERYTHING.....

I believe you when you say that you suffer severe health problems (I do, also) and poverty and also "spiritual problems".  If you suffer all these, remember that you must have done something to anger the devil.  He does not trouble those he already has in his grip.  He only troubles those who are a threat to him and therefore, beloved of God.  You must have helped to convert others, or have been comforting to others who suffer, or in some way, been an instrument of God, to be suffering so by the devil now.  He takes retribution on those who  love God.  ("Can Satan cast out Satan?"  ===our Lord...)

In my past, (and yes, I have one! grin!)  I have been lower than a prostitute.  I have been a "loser". I can tell you that a "loser" is one who has already given in, given up, and given over to the evil one.  You have not done that.  Therefore, you are not a loser.  You are suffering, no doubt. and my heart is with you.  Take courage friend...where there is shadow, there is LIGHT...

I am praying for you tonight and will add you to my daily list of prayer requests.....please come back and tell us how you are doing, what is happening in your life, and what your worries are....you are not alone.

Much love to you now and alwyas, your sister (who also suffers from depression and these other things),
Columbina

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 11:51:32 PM by blackincense » Logged
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 11:54:38 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Hamartolos
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 01:50:44 PM »

May the Lord grant you great mercy and peace; sending his Holy Spirit upon you for guidance.

Lord, have mercy.

Formerly known as "mctavix"
love4christu

Faith: ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 10:12:50 PM »

Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Confess your trespasses[e] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much <<...
The Lord will help you overcome this. The Lord is your best friend, He is there with you, walking every step you take. Pray to the Lord and He listens, and He will help you, He won't let you. This is some temporary situation, that your knees/legs have to stand still and walk this straight line without fear. The Lord is your best friend...Your Father.
If you can speak to a spiritual do that, and confession will help you overcome all these problems. Perhaps you could ask a spiritual father for a fervent request/prayer. Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me a sinner. This prayer can change your life. Dont' despair, I am sure that there must be a solution, that the Lord will show to you, He won't let you in the hands of the enemy. Pray to the Lord, confess, and your spiritual problems will be relieved. Pray to the Most Holy Theotokos that she will guide you to the right path. I am a sinner myself, but I hope and believe (sometimes my faith is very weak),  in the Lord, and know He won't leave us. God's love is infinite.

Lord Jesus Christ have mercy....
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:15:13 PM by love4christu » Logged
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 10:33:54 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2011, 12:26:35 AM »

Dearest sweet and loving "loser" -

From your note, I sense a great deal.  You are not a loser.  You are a "late bloomer".  Your sensitivity in your choice of words tells me you are a "lover", not a "fighter".  Your humility in your wishes tells me that God's promise is true:

"A broken heart and a contrite spirit, God will not despise." (Psalm 51)

You have not failed in "everything".  Case in point:  have you stolen a goat lately and been caught by police?  No?Huh  Therefore, you have not "failed" in EVERYTHING.....

I believe you when you say that you suffer severe health problems (I do, also) and poverty and also "spiritual problems".  If you suffer all these, remember that you must have done something to anger the devil.  He does not trouble those he already has in his grip.  He only troubles those who are a threat to him and therefore, beloved of God.  You must have helped to convert others, or have been comforting to others who suffer, or in some way, been an instrument of God, to be suffering so by the devil now.  He takes retribution on those who  love God.  ("Can Satan cast out Satan?"  ===our Lord...)

In my past, (and yes, I have one! grin!)  I have been lower than a prostitute.  I have been a "loser". I can tell you that a "loser" is one who has already given in, given up, and given over to the evil one.  You have not done that.  Therefore, you are not a loser.  You are suffering, no doubt. and my heart is with you.  Take courage friend...where there is shadow, there is LIGHT...

I am praying for you tonight and will add you to my daily list of prayer requests.....please come back and tell us how you are doing, what is happening in your life, and what your worries are....you are not alone.

Much love to you now and alwyas, your sister (who also suffers from depression and these other things),
Columbina

Yes, amen! You are not a loser! You are the very image of God, so precious to Him that He sent His Son to redeem you from sin, death, and the lies of the devil.

You cannot lose as long as you never give up. And you have not given up, or otherwise you would not have reached out and asked for prayers.

I would strongly recommend that you change your forum name right now. Identify yourself by the Truth of Christ, not by the deceptions of the devil. Sons and daughters of the King are princes and princesses. I'm not sure if you are a man or a woman  Embarrassed , but I would suggest you change your profile name to "Prince" or "Princess." View yourself as Christ sees you. Smiley OK?

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
blackincense
Simple Incense Maker

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2011, 01:20:15 AM »

Yes, amen! You are not a loser! You are the very image of God, so precious to Him that He sent His Son to redeem you from sin, death, and the lies of the devil.

You cannot lose as long as you never give up. And you have not given up, or otherwise you would not have reached out and asked for prayers.

I would strongly recommend that you change your forum name right now. Identify yourself by the Truth of Christ, not by the deceptions of the devil. Sons and daughters of the King are princes and princesses. I'm not sure if you are a man or a woman  Embarrassed , but I would suggest you change your profile name to "Prince" or "Princess." View yourself as Christ sees you. Smiley OK?

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

AMEN brother Gebre Menfes Kidus ----you speak the truth in love by your advice.  So very good to read it, and my prayers for our friend here, join with yours. 

Selam.
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2011, 03:24:18 AM »

Lord, please have mercy on your servant.
loser

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2011, 11:54:24 AM »

Thank you all for the kind words and helpful advice. Please continue your ferverent prayer for me because the situation has not gotten any better and is even getting a little worse. I really don't know what to do.
I am really starting to feel that God hates me with all his heart. I feel like the person who said this:

"Remove Your gaze from me that I may regain strength before I go away and am no more." (ps 39:13)
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2011, 12:48:55 PM »

I know how you feel  Cry, I went a long time thinking God hated me too.

Please believe me, He doesn't! He loves you. As St. Paul says, He "did not spare His own Son" so He could be with you for an eternity. He can restore all that the worm has eaten and He only allows us to go through these things to strengthen us. James 5:10-11 "My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and patience. 11 Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord—that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful."

Think about Job at the end of all his sufferings. I'm sure if you asked him, he'd tell you it was all worth it in the end.

I wish there was more I could do to help. I'll keep praying.
blackincense
Simple Incense Maker

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 03:11:24 AM »

Thank you all for the kind words and helpful advice. Please continue your ferverent prayer for me because the situation has not gotten any better and is even getting a little worse. I really don't know what to do.
I am really starting to feel that God hates me with all his heart. I feel like the person who said this:

"Remove Your gaze from me that I may regain strength before I go away and am no more." (ps 39:13)

Kiss

Psalm 139
Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart
 1 O LORD, you have searched me and known me! 2You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
   you discern my thoughts from afar.
3You search out my path and my lying down
   and are acquainted with all my ways.
4Even before a word is on my tongue,
   behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.
5You hem me in, behind and before,
   and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
   it is high; I cannot attain it.

7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
   Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
    If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9If I take the wings of the morning
   and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10even there your hand shall lead me,
   and your right hand shall hold me.
11If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me,
   and the light about me be night,"
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
   the night is bright as the day,
   for darkness is as light with you.

13For you formed my inward parts;
   you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
14I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a] Wonderful are your works;
   my soul knows it very well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret,
   intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16Your eyes saw my unformed substance;in your book were written, every one of them,
   the days that were formed for me,
   when as yet there was none of them.

17How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
   How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
   I awake, and I am still with you.

19 Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
   O men of blood, depart from me!

20They speak against you with malicious intent;
   your enemies take your name in vain!
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD?
   And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
22I hate them with complete hatred;
   I count them my enemies.

23Search me, O God, and know my heart!
    Try me and know my thoughts![c]
24And see if there be any grievous way in me,
   and lead me in the way everlasting![d]
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 04:29:03 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 06:10:03 PM »

May the Lord have mercy!

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
zakmathew

Faith: Orthodox Syrian
Jurisdiction: Trivandrum

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 06:55:51 AM »

Lord, G-d of Israel, relieve the sufferings of our dearest. L-rd, please open the doors of heaven and shower him with your blessings. Give him peace, mental agility and the strength to endure the sufferings. 

Please read Psalms 20 several times.
peteprint
High Elder

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2011, 11:23:02 PM »

Lord have mercy on your suffering servant.
bishoy

Faith: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 03:09:16 AM »

I know this is a little bit old, but I just want you to know that I am praying for you, and will pray for you into the distant future. I know I am not the only one. I have experienced similar feelings, and still do, at times. When I feel this way, I remember the words of the Lord: “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest" (Mark 6:31). The Lord will lift all burdens off your heart, mind, and soul. Call on him, and he will raise you up. You do not need to suffer these burdens any longer for "Christ has set you free" (Gal 5:1).

I will pray for you!
loser

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 07:59:36 AM »

Thank you very much bishoy. Please continue to  pray for me vehemently! I beg you!! Because my problems have only been getting worse. I am now envious of the people on the street and am seriously considering living on the street in hopes to escape these greater problems.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: