OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 02:55:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe sodium fluoride is poisonous?  (Read 2356 times) Average Rating: 0
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« on: June 20, 2011, 10:09:30 PM »

Just as the subject states "Do you believe sodium fluoride is poisonous"?

Thanks & God Bless

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 10:28:25 PM »

Thanks & God Bless

Everything is "poisonous" at the right amount of ingestion including water.

If you are worried about the fluoride in your water, don't. It probably does almost nothing to prevent tooth decay, but end the end it is benign.

Oral health has a lot more to do with the pH level you maintain in your mouth and whether it allows a habitable place for bacteria to quickly multiply.

Grew up without using fluoride in my dental hygiene (sodium bicarb) and nearly none in my water (cistern).

Been to the dentist maybe four times in my life. First time at the age of 22 or so to get my wisdom teeth shattered out of my head.

The hygienist asked if it had about a year or so since my last cleaning due to the calculus build up.

For oral health:

Inherit a body in which your mouth is rather neutral in pH. Hormonal changes will alter the pH in the mouth, explaining onset of cavities in puberty and pregnancy rather than poor hygiene.

Flossing is pretty much all you have to do.

Brushing is pretty much pointless as most people do it incorrectly and what it primarily is for is accomplished by flossing (getting oxygen to places where anaerobic bateria flourish).

I brush occasionally, maybe once a day. Keep meaning to floss. But I have been a toothpick user all my life.

Not a cavity yet and great gums since I haven't wore them down with brushing them away. I even now just scrap the calculus build up myself. My dentist suggests stopping by every three years or so.

So floss and don't worry about the fluoride. And you are 90% good.

Oh yeah, we were too poor for anything besides subsidized milk and water, so not drinking or eating sugar constantly is a good idea as well.

Genes like in most thing trump. Don't drink or eat a lot of simple carbs and floss.

And I work for Leviathan that makes most of your oral care products. They don't want you to know this.

YMMV.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:31:08 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 02:38:09 AM »

Absolutely. Sodium Fluorid (NaF) is one of the worst things you can put in your body (it's a little less toxic than arsenic, but a tad more than lead). The bag it is shipped in actually admits the toxicity :

There is an abundance of materials on the subject and all of the negative effects that it generates. Aside from fluorosis, it will attack the organs and increase the likelihood of cancer. Perhaps the most devestating effect, is the attack on the brain. It will stunt the mental development of children and further hinder the concentration ability of those effected. If your tap water is currently being contaminated with this filth, buy a filter. Be sure to buy one not only for sinks, but for the shower as well (fluoride will seep into your pores).

Fluoride Alert http://www.fluoridealert.org/ discusses the health effects and consequences of ingestion.

The Fluoride Deception http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPynwi_T8DQ deals with the dishonest history of fluoridation. Do you know how much money corporations make selling their toxic waste (sodium fluoride) to municipalities?

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 02:54:56 AM »

That's good to know because I'm tired of buying a new toothbrush every 2 months.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
LBK
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 05:01:18 AM »

Folks, Google "Colorado Brown Stain".
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 10:11:44 AM »

Thanks & God Bless

If you are worried about the fluoride in your water, don't. It probably does almost nothing to prevent tooth decay, but end the end it is benign.

Oral health has a lot more to do with the pH level you maintain in your mouth and whether it allows a habitable place for bacteria to quickly multiply.

Grew up without using fluoride in my dental hygiene (sodium bicarb) and nearly none in my water (cistern).

Been to the dentist maybe four times in my life. First time at the age of 22 or so to get my wisdom teeth shattered out of my head.

The hygienist asked if it had about a year or so since my last cleaning due to the calculus build up.

For oral health:

Inherit a body in which your mouth is rather neutral in pH. Hormonal changes will alter the pH in the mouth, explaining onset of cavities in puberty and pregnancy rather than poor hygiene.

Brushing is pretty much pointless as most people do it incorrectly and what it primarily is for is accomplished by flossing (getting oxygen to places where anaerobic bateria flourish).

I brush occasionally, maybe once a day. Keep meaning to floss. But I have been a toothpick user all my life.

Not a cavity yet and great gums since I haven't wore them down with brushing them away. I even now just scrap the calculus build up myself. My dentist suggests stopping by every three years or so.

Oh yeah, we were too poor for anything besides subsidized milk and water, so not drinking or eating sugar constantly is a good idea as well.

Genes like in most thing trump. Don't drink or eat a lot of simple carbs and floss.

And I work for Leviathan that makes most of your oral care products. They don't want you to know this.

Nazi's were the first to fluoridate water in concentration camps.  Just saying.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:13:16 AM by yeshuaisiam » Logged

HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 10:29:15 AM »

Since you appear to already have made up your mind on the matter, why initiate discussion? Or is it just to prove the rest of us wrong?

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 10:54:34 AM »

Absolutely. Sodium Fluorid (NaF) is one of the worst things you can put in your body (it's a little less toxic than arsenic, but a tad more than lead). The bag it is shipped in actually admits the toxicity :

There is an abundance of materials on the subject and all of the negative effects that it generates. Aside from fluorosis, it will attack the organs and increase the likelihood of cancer. Perhaps the most devestating effect, is the attack on the brain. It will stunt the mental development of children and further hinder the concentration ability of those effected. If your tap water is currently being contaminated with this filth, buy a filter. Be sure to buy one not only for sinks, but for the shower as well (fluoride will seep into your pores).

Fluoride Alert http://www.fluoridealert.org/ discusses the health effects and consequences of ingestion.

The Fluoride Deception http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPynwi_T8DQ deals with the dishonest history of fluoridation. Do you know how much money corporations make selling their toxic waste (sodium fluoride) to municipalities?

Lulz.

If you saw the MSDSs for the active ingredients you have in your house for most cleaning products, you would worry a lot less about toothpaste and water.

Toothpaste was created to increase the "mouth feel" of brushing and to add perfume, yes at the time perfume, to the mouth. You can brush without it.

You can brush without a toothbrush as well. A good rubbing along the gums with a rag will do about as good of a job as most folks do with their tooth brushes.

If you really believe that fluoride is killing or poisoning you, I suggest you stock up on the antidote: aluminum. (But not the stuff in antiperspirant, because that will give you Alzheimer's  Roll Eyes, which I guess would help the worry about the fluoride.) But it in sheets. Wrap those sheets around your head and find the local Chapter of the John Birch Society and fight the power.

Buying all of the above will be great, because you will probably be filling my pockets with your purchases.

DISCLAIMER: I use sodium bicarb. Cheap and effective.

Fluoride is probably pointless or maybe has a slightly statistically significant role in prevention of tooth decay. But it ain't harming you in the amounts you find in your water or in your toothpaste.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:54:56 AM by orthonorm » Logged

bogdan
OC.net guru

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 11:29:23 AM »

Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, children's ice cream.

You know when fluoridation first began? 1946. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0he-LZNzVg0
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:30:10 AM by bogdan » Logged
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 11:39:20 AM »

Thanks & God Bless

For oral health:

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 11:58:25 AM »

I wouldn't recommend ingesting lots of raw powdered flouride but otherwise you're probably fine.
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 11:58:37 AM »

If you really believe that fluoride is killing or poisoning you, I suggest you stock up on the antidote: aluminum. (But not the stuff in antiperspirant, because that will give you Alzheimer's  Roll Eyes, which I guess would help the worry about the fluoride.) But it in sheets. Wrap those sheets around your head and find the local Chapter of the John Birch Society and fight the power.
Gee, I don't know why anyone wouldn't accept corporate science. I mean they have only been wrong a few things (tobacco, lead, etc.). They would never harm anyone for a little profit. The corporations are always right, the government is doubleplusgood, and anyone who says otherwise is a cook. The corporations said it, I believe it, that settles it.

Have you accepted the government into your heart as your personal lord and savior?

I will agree with you here. That is a great alternative.

Fluoride is probably pointless or maybe has a slightly statistically significant role in prevention of tooth decay. But it ain't harming you in the amounts you find in your water or in your toothpaste.
Wrong.

"WARNING: Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed more seek medical help or contact a poison control center right away."

More than used for brushing? That is a pea-sized amount (which contains a quarter milligram of fluoride). This is about how much fluoride is contained in 8 oz of tap water.

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 12:11:04 PM »

Thanks & God Bless

For oral health:

This is getting old. Discussion of fluoride's usage in German labor camps is quite relevant. Seeing as exposure makes one more "docile", it begs the question as to why some members of our beloved government would support its introduction into the water supply. Did you know the Soviet Union used it on its citizens as well?

Do you have anything meaningful to contribute to this discussion?

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 01:06:09 PM »

Gee, I don't know why anyone wouldn't accept corporate science. I mean they have only been wrong a few things (tobacco, lead, etc.). They would never harm anyone for a little profit. The corporations are always right, the government is doubleplusgood, and anyone who says otherwise is a cook. The corporations said it, I believe it, that settles it.

Have you accepted the government into your heart as your personal lord and savior?

Wrong.

"WARNING: Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed more seek medical help or contact a poison control center right away."

More than used for brushing? That is a pea-sized amount (which contains a quarter milligram of fluoride). This is about how much fluoride is contained in 8 oz of tap water.

It's called silly litigation. Have you seen the warning / hazard signs on five gallon buckets?

Please provide documents deaths related to fluoride poisoning.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 01:08:12 PM »

It really is amazing how quickly everything comes down to Nazis, evidently they won the war according to every Usenet group and internet bulleton board.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 01:13:25 PM »

Lulz. Guess I did get it right with the John Bircher comment.

You have hysterical propaganda and no facts.

Don't drive on those highways either, anarchist, they are much more dangerous to your health than toothpaste, in fact they are one of leading causes of death for Americans. If the Islamic terrorists were smart, they would just lobby congress for increasing the speed limit on American roads. They would kill wwwaayyy more people than in 9/11.

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 01:28:37 PM »

Thanks & God Bless

For oral health:

This is getting old. Discussion of fluoride's usage in German labor camps is quite relevant.
IF you can explain HOW it's relevant. Otherwise, you're just playing the Nazi card in the hope of gaining sympathy for your position by connecting the idea you oppose to the Nazis. "The Nazis did it, therefore it must be evil," is in itself a logical fallacy.

Seeing as exposure makes one more "docile", it begs the question as to why some members of our beloved government would support its introduction into the water supply. Did you know the Soviet Union used it on its citizens as well?
Can you tell us why? Even the Soviet Union was capable of doing something right once in a while.

Do you?
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 02:21:51 PM »

Lulz. Guess I did get it right with the John Bircher comment.

You have hysterical propaganda and no facts.

Don't drive on those highways either, anarchist, they are much more dangerous to your health than toothpaste, in fact they are one of leading causes of death for Americans. If the Islamic terrorists were smart, they would just lobby congress for increasing the speed limit on American roads. They would kill wwwaayyy more people than in 9/11.

Sure, if you think 9/11 was the product of Islamic terrorists.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 02:55:22 PM »

If we are going to start playing cards, I am going to start trumping people around here with cards from the only legitimate trading card game ever:

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 04:07:34 PM »

Thanks & God Bless

For oral health:

This is getting old. Discussion of fluoride's usage in German labor camps is quite relevant. Seeing as exposure makes one more "docile", it begs the question as to why some members of our beloved government would support its introduction into the water supply. Did you know the Soviet Union used it on its citizens as well?

Yes.

I ask because I feel the government wants you more docile, at least for those who are ready to accept Romans 13 & the government as their authority in their 501c3 church.   

My belief is that Sodium Fluoride is extremely toxic and is being added to the water supply to make people more docile.  I brush with Propolis toothpaste, and have never had stronger whiter teeth.

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 04:11:02 PM »

Thanks & God Bless

For oral health:

Nazi's were the first to fluoridate water in concentration camps.  Just saying.

This is getting old. Discussion of fluoride's usage in German labor camps is quite relevant.
IF you can explain HOW it's relevant. Otherwise, you're just playing the Nazi card in the hope of gaining sympathy for your position by connecting the idea you oppose to the Nazis. "The Nazis did it, therefore it must be evil," is in itself a logical fallacy.

Seeing as exposure makes one more "docile", it begs the question as to why some members of our beloved government would support its introduction into the water supply. Did you know the Soviet Union used it on its citizens as well?
Can you tell us why? Even the Soviet Union was capable of doing something right once in a while.

Do you?

The Nazi's used it to make labor camp inmates more docile.   Makes me wonder why the government is putting fluoride in the perfect water that God made for us.  
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 04:11:27 PM by yeshuaisiam » Logged

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 04:27:31 PM »

The Nazi's used it to make labor camp inmates more docile.   Makes me wonder why the government is putting fluoride in the perfect water that God made for us.  

You really are lulz.

You know the government does a lot to your water. If it weren't for modern sanitation and water management very few of us would be even able to have this conversation.

And yes, the Nazi's big weapon in the labor camps was fluoride.

You do realize that . . . forget it. People will forever demean the horror of the prisons camps and extermination camps for petty and trivial reasons.

Lord have mercy.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 04:28:22 PM by orthonorm » Logged

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 04:30:54 PM »

Thanks & God Bless

For oral health:

Yes.

I ask because I feel the government wants you more docile, at least for those who are ready to accept Romans 13 & the government as their authority in their 501c3 church.   

My belief is that Sodium Fluoride is extremely toxic and is being added to the water supply to make people more docile.
Are you a chemist or a biologist or a physician? If not, your belief that anything is poisonous, if you don't know for certain, means nothing to this discussion. We once believed tomatoes were poisonous, but that didn't make them so.

I brush with Propolis toothpaste, and have never had stronger whiter teeth.
Nifty. What does that have to do with anything?
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 04:31:59 PM »

Thanks & God Bless

For oral health:

Nazi's were the first to fluoridate water in concentration camps.  Just saying.

Do you?

The Nazi's used it to make labor camp inmates more docile.
Can you prove that?

Makes me wonder why the government is putting fluoride in the perfect water that God made for us.  
Are they?
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 05:28:56 PM »

Wrong.

It's called silly litigation. Have you seen the warning / hazard signs on five gallon buckets?

Not silly litigation in the slightest. I actually own fluoride-free toothpaste and it lacks the "WARNING - contact poison control" logo. I hardly think the warning is arbitrary. Do you scoff at Surgeon General Warnings on cigarettes (silly litigation, this isn't going to increase the likelihood of cancer)?

Deaths? If you had bothered to check out the link I posted earlier, you would have seen :

Fluoride Blamed in 3 Deaths : http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/accidents/chicago-1993.html

Fluoride Linked to Death : http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/accidents/annapolis.html

$750,000 Given in Child's Death in Fluoride Case: Boy, 3, Was in City Clinic for Routine Cleaning : http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/accidents/kennerly.html

The amount of fluoride needed to kill is proportionate to body size, so the number of adults as a direct result is very low. Instead, fluoride builds up in the system over time, causing health problems (which are often deadly).

Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 05:33:45 PM »

Thanks & God Bless

For oral health:

Yes.

My belief is that Sodium Fluoride is extremely toxic and is being added to the water supply to make people more docile.  I brush with Propolis toothpaste, and have never had stronger whiter teeth.
My comment wasn't directed at you yeshuaisiam (I actually agree with you). I was responding to Schultz who contributed nothing to the discussion other than inaccurately invoking the cliche "Godwin's Law".

Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 05:35:55 PM »

You do realize that . . . forget it. People will forever demean the horror of the prisons camps and extermination camps for petty and trivial reasons.
I would like to see you prove that statement.

Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 05:56:31 PM »

Not at all. The National Socialists were a mixed bag, so I would not presume to criticize every action as "evil". They were not, however, beyond using chemicals to manipulate/pacify the masses. This begs the question - is our government doing it for identical reasons? This certainly is a theory, but it nonetheless deserves mention.

See above.

Do you?
Yes, I come bearing arguments with evidence to sustain them. Here is a letter concerning the German use of fluoride : http://www.rense.com/general79/hd3.htm

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 06:00:30 PM »

Wrong.

Not silly litigation in the slightest. I actually own fluoride-free toothpaste and it lacks the "WARNING - contact poison control" logo. I hardly think the warning is arbitrary. Do you scoff at Surgeon General Warnings on cigarettes (silly litigation, this isn't going to increase the likelihood of cancer)?

Deaths? If you had bothered to check out the link I posted earlier, you would have seen :

Fluoride Blamed in 3 Deaths : http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/accidents/chicago-1993.html

Fluoride Linked to Death : http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/accidents/annapolis.html

$750,000 Given in Child's Death in Fluoride Case: Boy, 3, Was in City Clinic for Routine Cleaning : http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/accidents/kennerly.html

The amount of fluoride needed to kill is proportionate to body size, so the number of adults as a direct result is very low. Instead, fluoride builds up in the system over time, causing health problems (which are often deadly).

You're right it is an epidemic. Would you really like to break down causes of death in the US?

I don't need to look at the links. I work with the stuff all the time. People die for all kindsa reasons. You have no idea how litigation affects product development especially in consumer goods and even more those which children may have access to.

I would love to disclose to you the amounts of money put into making perfectly safe products safe for people who for the most unlikely conflation of events are harmed or die.

But that would be a job ender.

How many people here know of someone killed from toothpaste?

How many people here know of some killed in a car accident?

Let's extend that to injury . . .

People die from drinking water.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 06:03:50 PM »

I would like to see you prove that statement.

What on earth are trying to say here? Is English your first language? Since you seem all into teutophilia, let me translate: Vernichtungslager oder Todeslager.

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 06:12:48 PM »

Wrong.

My son experienced fluoride poisoning upon going to the dentist for his first teeth cleaning when he was only three years old.
The dentist immediately notated on my son's chart that he had an adverse reaction to fluoride.

We stopped using fluoride toothpaste and now use Tom's of Maine, non-fluoridated toothpaste, which is available from Trader Joes.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2011, 07:17:41 PM »

Looks like nobody's looked up "Colorado Brown Stain".  Roll Eyes
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2011, 07:25:39 PM »

Looks like nobody's looked up "Colorado Brown Stain".  Roll Eyes

There are villages in Turkey and in Texas where the people look years older than they are.
The source of water in both cases is natural fluoride in water from volcanic springs.
The levels of natural fluroide is very high, so the citizens have brown moddled teeth and fragile bones.
Thirty year old men look like they are twice their age.

I read this in a book about fluoridation, but the text is probably out of print now, and most likely, it is not available on the Internet.
Yes, it is not available on the Net.

However, I did find this link: http://www.rethinkingcancer.org/resources/magazine-articles/7_9-10/fluoride-the-aging-factor.php
And a reference to his well researched book, which I did read.

Here is an old link dating back to 2006:
http://healthlibrary.epnet.com/GetContent.aspx?token=b93d114e-5009-4f6a-9917-6c594254fcc7&chunkiid=116982
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 07:40:05 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2011, 09:09:50 PM »

My son experienced fluoride poisoning upon going to the dentist for his first teeth cleaning when he was only three years old.
The dentist immediately notated on my son's chart that he had an adverse reaction to fluoride.

We stopped using fluoride toothpaste and now use Tom's of Maine, non-fluoridated toothpaste, which is available from Trader Joes.

When I was about 22, I nearly died from eating a huge plate of crawfish etouffee. Spent my formative years eating crawdads raw from the crick. Within two weeks I developed a nearly fatal allergy to shellfish.

Got a buncha allergies as puberty ended. It happens. Glad I was just eating percocets and not shooting heroin when I found out I am allergic to almost all opioids.

Again, there is no point here germaine to this thread, but I am sorry you and your had to go through such a terrible event.

Don't waste your money on "healthy" toothpaste. Use sodium bicarb or nothing. The sodium bicarb helps alter the typically more acidic environment of folk's mouths. Again, plenty of water throughout the day (helping regulate pH) and introducing oxygen into the areas where anaerobic bateria grow are pretty much the whole of dental hygiene.

Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Warned
Archon

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 09:34:55 PM »

This appears to be untrue, but is anyone surprised? Water fluoridation started in the USA in 1950 or so, though discussion of fluoride supplements goes back into the late 1800s. The principal proponent was a researcher with the highly Germanic name of McKay.

If you're going to be "just saying" things like this, why don't you start "just looking up reliable sources"?
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2011, 10:13:40 PM »

Why don't you tell us about it, rather than make us waste our time looking for it?
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2011, 10:16:58 PM »

You're right it is an epidemic. Would you really like to break down causes of death in the US?

I don't need to look at the links. I work with the stuff all the time. People die for all kindsa reasons. You have no idea how litigation affects product development especially in consumer goods and even more those which children may have access to.

I would love to disclose to you the amounts of money put into making perfectly safe products safe for people who for the most unlikely conflation of events are harmed or die.

The ones I posted dealt with direct death by fluoride. The entire (fluoridated) population, however, will suffer or is currently suffering the effects of fluoride build up in the body. Fluoride is a neurotoxin that attacks the body over time. Just like smoking, almost no one dies after direct use, but the long term consequences can potentially kill the individual.

What on earth are trying to say here? Is English your first language? Since you seem all into teutophilia, let me translate: Vernichtungslager oder Todeslager.
I understood you quite clearly. It merely perplexes me as to why people will deny the existence of fluoride's negative effects, meanwhile buying into the absurd propaganda surrounding the WWII-era German labor camps.

Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2011, 10:20:41 PM »

The ones I posted dealt with direct death by fluoride. The entire (fluoridated) population, however, will suffer or is currently suffering the effects of fluoride build up in the body. Fluoride is a neurotoxin that attacks the body over time. Just like smoking, almost no one dies after direct use, but the long term consequences can potentially kill the individual.

I understood you quite clearly. It merely perplexes me as to why people will deny the existence of fluoride's negative effects, meanwhile buying into the absurd propaganda surrounding the WWII-era German labor camps.

You asked if I had something to contribute.  I do.

THere is more evidence for the "absurd propaganda surrounding the WWII-era German labor camps" (by which I can only assume you mean the deliberate murder of enemies of the Reich) than there is that the Nazis used fluoride to make the inmates at these camps docile or whatever.

http://onespeedbikerpolitico.blogspot.com/2010/05/debunking-fluoride-use-by-nazis.html

Thank you for coming and don't forget to tip your bartenders generously!

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2011, 10:29:21 PM »

This appears to be untrue, but is anyone surprised? Water fluoridation started in the USA in 1950 or so, though discussion of fluoride supplements goes back into the late 1800s. The principal proponent was a researcher with the highly Germanic name of McKay.

If you're going to be "just saying" things like this, why don't you start "just looking up reliable sources"?

The Internet is not a reliable source? 9/11 Truth.com won't tell me the real truth of what happened? What is this world coming to?

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2011, 10:33:56 PM »

You asked if I had something to contribute.  I do.

THere is more evidence for the "absurd propaganda surrounding the WWII-era German labor camps" (by which I can only assume you mean the deliberate murder of enemies of the Reich) than there is that the Nazis used fluoride to make the inmates at these camps docile or whatever.

http://onespeedbikerpolitico.blogspot.com/2010/05/debunking-fluoride-use-by-nazis.html

Thank you for coming and don't forget to tip your bartenders generously!
That's the kind of balanced op-ed piece we need in this discussion. One that states clearly why the author opposes mass water fluoridation, but also debunks all the false propaganda that has been disseminated regarding water fluoridation.

Personally, I oppose the fluoridation of our water supply, since such would deprive me of the freedom to NOT consume something the long-term effects of which are still rather unknown. I don't buy into any of this propaganda about mass water fluoridation being some kind of Nazi or Communist plot, for I believe this to be nothing more than a pile of male bovine manure. I just value my freedom to make the choices I need to make to maintain my own good health. (Fortunately, the city in which I live still doesn't fluoridate its water.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:39:46 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2011, 10:51:09 PM »

Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, children's ice cream.

You know when fluoridation first began? 1946. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0he-LZNzVg0

Well boys. I reckon this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CRRVZqrRl0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5qqfsQGYus&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlSQAZEp3PA&feature=related

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 04:51:10 AM »

Why don't you tell us about it, rather than make us waste our time looking for it?

In the time it would have taken you to write and send your post, you could have used Google.  Kiss
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Warned
Archon

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 07:19:43 AM »

The ones I posted dealt with direct death by fluoride. The entire (fluoridated) population, however, will suffer or is currently suffering the effects of fluoride build up in the body.

Citation needed.

Fluoride is a neurotoxin that attacks the body over time.

Citation needed.

Just like smoking, almost no one dies after direct use, but the long term consequences can potentially kill the individual.

Citation needed.
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2011, 08:41:59 AM »

If fluoride were so dangerous, then why has the dental profession been at the forefront in promoting its use? And, please, spare us the "big pharma" conspiracy theory arguments.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2011, 01:18:20 PM »

In the time it would have taken you to write and send your post, you could have used Google.  Kiss
I used Google to find out about this "Colorado Brown Stain", but that still doesn't justify your laziness.
Tags: fluoride poison Godwin's Law fluoridation 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: