OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 06:18:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Church Fund-raising  (Read 494 times) Average Rating: 0
Michael L
Priest Michael

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« on: June 19, 2011, 04:50:19 PM »

My parish is going through tough time financially,. We are a small parish/mission with limited attendance. We are in dire need of a fund-raising campaign and membership growth. Much of our parish are of immigrant background from Russia so it is often hard to break their mindset of giving to the church. Many do not understand the concept of the tithe or are not in a position to d so. Have any of you had similar experiences at your parish and how did you overcome this. Do you have any suggestions for fundraiser or tactfully addressing the issue of giving to the church. My priest has done what he can from the pulpit to no avail. We now have to try something else. Please let me know what has been successful in fund-raising and marketing your parish.
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 09:55:15 PM »

If your city has any types of festivals, cultural festivities, or ANYWHERE that you can setup a booth, have a large bake sale.  Culture it around the Russian culture.  Perhaps member could sell pisanki.   Bake sales can REALLY add up fast.  Offer everything from cookies to breads.  Booth prices can vary but if there is a lot of foot traffic it is well worth it.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
Lichnidos
Warned
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Powerslavlje strong in this one is.

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 01:50:42 PM »

My parish is going through tough time financially,. We are a small parish/mission with limited attendance. We are in dire need of a fund-raising campaign and membership growth. Much of our parish are of immigrant background from Russia so it is often hard to break their mindset of giving to the church. Many do not understand the concept of the tithe or are not in a position to d so. Have any of you had similar experiences at your parish and how did you overcome this. Do you have any suggestions for fundraiser or tactfully addressing the issue of giving to the church. My priest has done what he can from the pulpit to no avail. We now have to try something else. Please let me know what has been successful in fund-raising and marketing your parish.

I'm interested to know if there is an update to the condition of your mission?

"Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable." - G.K. Chesterton
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: