OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 12:16:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: just vile....  (Read 1046 times) Average Rating: 0
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« on: June 10, 2011, 12:00:04 PM »

Vile beyond belief. May these good Christians stand strong for Christ.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/graphic-vid-allegedly-shows-coptic-christian-girl-being-sexualy-assaulted-in-order-to-islamize-her/

The video was received by a group calling itself “Free Copts”. It shows an incident in which a Coptic Christian girl was sexually abused in an attempt to Islamize her. She belonged to a large and wealthy family of Christian Copts living in Minia in upper Egypt. One of her Muslim neighbours induced her to go to his house. Upon arriving there she was surprised to find a group of young Muslim males. They forced her to go with them to a nearby house. They threatened to kill her if she made any noise or cried for help. They forcibly took her clothes from her and videoed her completely naked next to one of the young men. The plan was to blackmail her into marrying him by informing her and her family that the tape would be made public unless she did so. They also threatened her with the same fate as had befallen another girl not far away, a girl who had been raped by 8 Muslim men, murdered, and had her body dumped in a nearby graveyard. The police and the prosecuting authority let those 8 men go free. The ringleader of the men in this video was supposed to receive a reward of 30,000 Egyptian pounds from a mosque in El Manya if they managed to get the girl to convert to Islam. The four men in the video are habitual criminals who constantly rob the shops and businesses of the Christian Copts

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
sainthieu
Abstractor of the Quintessence
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 01:04:38 PM »

Almost everything these guys do is vile; it's time to start taking them seriously.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 01:48:37 PM »

They were not labeled a plague 1300 years ago for nothing.

Lord have mercy.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 01:56:05 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 02:04:07 PM »

Cry Cry

Lord have mercy on your handmaiden!

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 02:56:57 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 02:58:43 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Lord have His Mercy! This is a tough one Sad

I just want to interject this point:

These men who did this were not Muslims, they were savages misrepresenting Islam.  There is a difference.  This is same argument about child molestation in the Roman Catholic Church.  Those priests who abuse children are not Christians, they are monsters masquerading as Catholic.  We should then be very careful not to generalize these incidents across Islam (or Catholicism for that matter) as they are not indicative of the flaws of a religion, rather evidence of the evil that dwells in Mens' hearts..

When these men did this to this women, it had nothing to do with religion, Islam may serve as one pretext or another, but the root motivation is the same as it would be for any rape, attack, blackmail, violence etc etc..

Stay Blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Aegyptoc

Faith: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 03:06:06 PM »

Lord have mercy please.

@HabteSelassie. It is not the job of the Orthodox Christian to say who is a Muslim and who is not representing Islam correctly.. There is no objective base to draw any conclusions of that sort. Let us merely focus on what is Orthodox and what is not.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 03:14:13 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Lord have mercy please.

@HabteSelassie. It is not the job of the Orthodox Christian to say who is a Muslim and who is not representing Islam correctly.. There is no objective base to draw any conclusions of that sort. Let us merely focus on what is Orthodox and what is not.
Any person who rapes or kills a person does so out of Sin, not a love of God.  Islam is to submit to God, and we as Christians can rightfully say from our hearts that such evil as rape or killing is of our own Sin, not of God.

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 03:14:35 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 03:21:02 PM »

Unfortunately, Islam has quite a long stretch of this kind of behavior.

The religion of peace, it most certianly is not. No matter if these guys are truly muslim or not.

primuspilus
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 03:21:14 PM by primuspilus » Logged

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 03:21:39 PM »

Lord, have mercy on that poor girl.  As for those eight swine, may God have mercy on them as well.  But if He does decide to do something "Old Testament", well, I make a point of not complaining about His Will...  And may the Lord have mercy on me for having unChristian thoughts as I was going to type something far less charitable than the last sentence, but thought better of it.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 04:14:32 PM »

The religion of peace, it most certianly is not. No matter if these guys are truly muslim or not.

primuspilus

If this was out of line, I apologize for stating it, and possibly breaking forum rules (could be political) but wont apologize for my view on it.

primuspilus

Gregory the Great

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 07:50:30 PM »

primuspilus

If this was out of line, I apologize for stating it, and possibly breaking forum rules (could be political) but wont apologize for my view on it.

primuspilus
No violation of forum rules, and certainly nothing political, in this statement... -PtA
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Nelson

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 10:19:34 PM »

These men who did this were not Muslims, they were savages misrepresenting Islam.  There is a difference.  This is same argument about child molestation in the Roman Catholic Church.  Those priests who abuse children are not Christians, they are monsters masquerading as Catholic.  We should then be very careful not to generalize these incidents across Islam (or Catholicism for that matter) as they are not indicative of the flaws of a religion, rather evidence of the evil that dwells in Mens' hearts..

You said it perfectly!  I wholeheartedly agree.

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton
Antonis
"The Most Honourable The Morquess of Something"
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco Outside of San Francisco

You must try this Balkan blend, Barsanuphius.

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 10:59:40 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Ελέησον με, ο Θεός, κατά το μέγα έλεος σου και κατά το πλήθος των οικτιρμών σου εξάλειψον το ανόμημα μου.

Αναστάς ο Ιησούς από του τάφου, καθώς προείπεν, έδωκεν ημίν την αιώνιον ζωήν και το μέγα έλεος.
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Theologoumenon

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 11:01:16 PM »

These men who did this were not Muslims, they were savages misrepresenting Islam.
Since Muslims worship a demon they call Allah, I don't see why these men can't be seen as good Muslims. They are acting like demons aren't they?
John Ward

Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Korea

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 03:38:16 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

While very disturbing, it's not surprising, sadly. Just look at history and all the martyrs and confessors since Islam's founding.
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 04:26:45 AM »

Lord have mercy Cry
copticmind

Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Alexandria

GeorgeFahim
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 05:19:15 AM »

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy.

“How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”

Ⲡⲁϭⲟⲓⲥ Ⲓⲏⲥ Ⲡⲭⲥ ⳿ⲡϣⲏⲣⲓ ⳿ⲙ⳿Ⲫⲛⲟⲩϯ ⲛⲁⲓ ⲛⲏⲓ ⲁⲛⲟⲕ ⲡⲓⲣⲉϥⲉⲣⲛⲟⲃⲓ
يا ربي يسوع المسيح ابن الله ارحمني أنا الخاطئ
copticmind

Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Alexandria

GeorgeFahim
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 05:31:48 AM »

Lord have His Mercy! This is a tough one Sad

I just want to interject this point:

When these men did this to this women, it had nothing to do with religion, Islam may serve as one pretext or another, but the root motivation is the same as it would be for any rape, attack, blackmail, violence etc etc..

Stay Blessed,
habte selassie

My brother,
I respectfully disagree, I'm trying to put aside my resentment and bias, however, some Muslims do such vile actions out of their false piety to their god, and many of them have justifications from their scripture. Those who do these actions think they are serving their god.
I have been living in a Muslim society long enough to see the good Muslims and the bad ones. The more religious they get, the more intolerant they behave, and eventually leading to such actions of false worship.

Oh Lord, Have mercy on me a sinner, for I am full of resentment and anger..

Ⲡⲁϭⲟⲓⲥ Ⲓⲏⲥ Ⲡⲭⲥ ⳿ⲡϣⲏⲣⲓ ⳿ⲙ⳿Ⲫⲛⲟⲩϯ ⲛⲁⲓ ⲛⲏⲓ ⲁⲛⲟⲕ ⲡⲓⲣⲉϥⲉⲣⲛⲟⲃⲓ
يا ربي يسوع المسيح ابن الله ارحمني أنا الخاطئ
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: