OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 02:03:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abbot Michael's missionary labours in France  (Read 578 times) Average Rating: 0
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« on: June 09, 2011, 10:42:29 PM »

A beautiful video clip of the missionary work undertaken by Father Abbot Michael Mansbridge-Wood in the land of France

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjSRjZrOAFQ&feature=related

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 01:51:19 AM »

Sorry, my mistake.

Capel-le-Ferne, the name of which derives from the phrase "Chapel in the Ferns", is a village situated near Folkestone, Kent.
SubdeaconDavid
"...the spread of the light of Orthodoxy among the peoples of all the lands where our Church exists continues as an inseparable part of our mission": Metropolitan Hilarion, First Hierarch of ROCOR
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church Abroad (ROCOR)

Помилуй мя Боже, по велицей милости Твоей

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 12:07:13 AM »

I would have guessed Father that it wasn't in France as the people there were mainly from St Petroc Paruchia in Australia and Great Britain - Fr. Barry from St Dyfan Mission Hobart, if I am not mistaken Dr. John Ward from the same, Subdeacon Michael Astley (now a Byzantine-rite subdeacon in ROCOR UK) and some others.

Visit my blog@  http://orthodoxtasmania.blogspot.com

To the Russians abroad it has been granted to shine in the whole world  the light of Orthodoxy, so that other peoples, seeing their good deeds, might glorify our Father in Heaven, and thus obtain salvation
S John of Shanghai & San Francisco
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: