OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 10:32:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: please pray for my people skills...  (Read 435 times) Average Rating: 0
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Denver

« on: June 06, 2011, 11:19:45 PM »

This sounds really dumb, especially as I type it.  But, I've been chosen to be the new leader of a ministry at Church where we go to the local soup kitchen and feed the hungry.  When asked why, my godmother (the current leader) said that I've "Got 'people skills' written allover him.  He will really get people to come volunteer."

Well, This surprised me.  I don't really have what I'd call "people skills".  I have trouble meeting new people...I just get so nervous!  I would opt out, but I figured that I shouldn't, if it truly is God's will that I overtake coordinating this ministry.

please, pray that I may grow some "people skills", and also that, if I truly have some like my godmother says, they will continue to develop.  Smiley

thank you!!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:29:48 PM by trevor72694 » Logged

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
tuesdayschild
High Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 11:25:07 PM »

I've been chosen to be the new leader of a ministry at Church where we go to the local soup kitchen and feel the hungry.

Lips Sealed

Lord, have mercy.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 11:26:19 PM »

Lord have mercy!

In my opinion, the best people skills are being open to conversation and being a good listener.  Smiley Keep an open ear and mind and let God lead you in the ministry. It's a great responsibility to lead it, but as an old pastor said, God doesn't give us more than we can handle.

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 12:15:20 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Maybe I can join you sometime Trevor!

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
love4christu

Faith: ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 09:52:41 AM »

With Humbleness , Love and Charity

but also with prayer and thanksgiving to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 09:54:56 AM »

This sounds really dumb, especially as I type it.  But, I've been chosen to be the new leader of a ministry at Church where we go to the local soup kitchen and feed the hungry.  When asked why, my godmother (the current leader) said that I've "Got 'people skills' written allover him.  He will really get people to come volunteer."

Well, This surprised me.  I don't really have what I'd call "people skills".  I have trouble meeting new people...I just get so nervous!  I would opt out, but I figured that I shouldn't, if it truly is God's will that I overtake coordinating this ministry.

please, pray that I may grow some "people skills", and also that, if I truly have some like my godmother says, they will continue to develop.  Smiley

thank you!!!

I don't know what good it will do for one who has no people skills to pray for your people skills, but I will do it anyway. 

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

ilyazhito
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 02:42:57 PM »

May God help you!
Just watch how people talk and listen, and do the same.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: