Author Topic: feeding the homeless ministry  (Read 635 times)

Offline Tikhon.of.Colorado

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
feeding the homeless ministry
« on: June 05, 2011, 04:32:52 PM »
for the last year and a half, our parish has been going down to the local soup kitchen/halfway house (sorry, don't know what else to call it) and making and serving food for those in need.  please pray for this little ministry....

1. because lately people have lost interest, and I'm the only one signed up for tomorrow!

2. because when my godmother moves, she wants to make me the coordinator for this ministry.  yikes!  :o

let God's will be done.

please pray for us....St. Nicholas the Wonder worker, help us!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:46:11 PM by trevor72694 »

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
  • Keep your mind in hell and do not despair
Re: feeding the homeless ministry
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 04:38:51 PM »
Lord have mercy!
Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline Saint Iaint

• This Poster Has Ignored Multiple Requests to Behave Better
  • High Elder
  • The Truth Shall Be Reviled
    • Christ Conquers
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 06:03:03 PM »
for the last year and a half, our parish has been going down to the local soup kitchen/halfway house (sorry, don't know what else to call it) and making and serving food for those in need.  please pray for this little ministry....

1. because lately people have lost interest, and I'm the only one signed up for tomorrow!

2. because when my godmother moves, she wants to make me the coordinator for this ministry.  yikes!  :o

let God's will be done.

You're awesome Trevor!

A shining example you are... God is with you.

You fight the good fight and I admire you.

Don't ever let this world get to you!

†IC XC†
†NI KA†

Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute...

Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 06:05:47 PM »

let God's will be done.

You're awesome Trevor!

A shining example you are... God is with you.

You fight the good fight and I admire you.

Don't ever let this world get to you!

†IC XC†
†NI KA†

Truly I'm not all that, but it's flattering that you think so.  ;)  Thanks for your prayers!

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 10:50:11 PM »
Glory to God!  Through your prayers, and the prayers of St. Nicholas the wonder worker, all went well!

Offline love4christu

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 09:54:54 AM »
St Nicholas please grant your help and mercy and please pray for us your children
in the name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit, grant us your blessings and help this Church to continue with their mission.

Amen.