OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 07:28:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: feeding the homeless ministry  (Read 585 times) Average Rating: 0
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: June 05, 2011, 04:32:52 PM »

for the last year and a half, our parish has been going down to the local soup kitchen/halfway house (sorry, don't know what else to call it) and making and serving food for those in need.  please pray for this little ministry....

1. because lately people have lost interest, and I'm the only one signed up for tomorrow!

2. because when my godmother moves, she wants to make me the coordinator for this ministry.  yikes!  Shocked

let God's will be done.

please pray for us....St. Nicholas the Wonder worker, help us!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:46:11 PM by trevor72694 » Logged

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 04:38:51 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Saint Iaint
This Poster Has Ignored Multiple Requests to Behave Better
High Elder

Faith: Once Delivered

The Truth Shall Be Reviled

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 06:03:03 PM »

for the last year and a half, our parish has been going down to the local soup kitchen/halfway house (sorry, don't know what else to call it) and making and serving food for those in need.  please pray for this little ministry....

1. because lately people have lost interest, and I'm the only one signed up for tomorrow!

2. because when my godmother moves, she wants to make me the coordinator for this ministry.  yikes!  Shocked

let God's will be done.

You're awesome Trevor!

A shining example you are... God is with you.

You fight the good fight and I admire you.

Don't ever let this world get to you!

†IC XC†
†NI KA†

Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute...

Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 06:05:47 PM »

let God's will be done.

You're awesome Trevor!

A shining example you are... God is with you.

You fight the good fight and I admire you.

Don't ever let this world get to you!

†IC XC†
†NI KA†

Truly I'm not all that, but it's flattering that you think so.  Wink  Thanks for your prayers!

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 10:50:11 PM »

Glory to God!  Through your prayers, and the prayers of St. Nicholas the wonder worker, all went well!

love4christu

Faith: ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 09:54:54 AM »

St Nicholas please grant your help and mercy and please pray for us your children
in the name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit, grant us your blessings and help this Church to continue with their mission.

Amen.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: