OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 02:50:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Of your charity pray for the soul of Deacon Robert  (Read 2111 times) Average Rating: 0
Margaret S.

Faith: Orthodox

« on: June 04, 2011, 07:11:52 PM »

Father Anthony Bondi has just posted this to the Occidentalis list.

It is with profound sadness that I convey to you the death of Father Deacon
Robert (Sherwood) who passed away suddenly, about 1 p.m. this afternoon.

Father Deacon is survived by his wife Lillias. At the present time we do
not know more than this. As information becomes available I will pass it on.

Fraternally,

Father Anthony

Deacon Robert was an excellent man whose secular work was devoted to troubled young people. Please pray for him.

In Christ,
Sr Margaret
IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 07:21:16 PM »

Lord have mercy!
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 07:47:51 PM »

An absolute chill went through me when I saw this thread, so unexpectedly.

May God have mercy in his soul!
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 08:18:41 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Memory Eternal!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 08:27:25 PM »

Memory eternal!

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 08:32:33 PM »

I have been corresponding with Fr Robert for the last year and came to love him a lot, for his clarity of mind, his charity and his humour and as Sister Margaret says, for his work with troubled youth in the quite large foundation which he set up and ran, White Rabbit Child Care Ltd.    And of course his great love for the Western Rite and for Christminster. But I realise that I know so little about him.  If anybody comes upon a biography please forward it.
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 08:37:04 PM »

I have been corresponding with Fr Robert for the last year and came to love him a lot, for his clarity of mind, his charity and his humour and as Sister Margaret says, for his work with troubled youth in the quite large foundation which he set up and ran, White Rabbit Child Care Ltd.    And of course his great love for the Western Rite and for Christminster. But I realise that I know so little about him.  If anybody comes upon a biography please forward it.

Such a loss to all, family first of course, but many others as well it seems.

Eternal rest and immediate succor to all concerned.

ilyazhito
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 09:32:20 PM »

Memory eternal!
SubdeaconDavid
"...the spread of the light of Orthodoxy among the peoples of all the lands where our Church exists continues as an inseparable part of our mission": Metropolitan Hilarion, First Hierarch of ROCOR
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church Abroad (ROCOR)

Помилуй мя Боже, по велицей милости Твоей

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 03:37:36 AM »

I only knew him from the net - from his many discussion contributions.  He was a deacon in every sense of the word - full of compassion, a servant of suffering youths, for whom he showed love without judgment.  He loved Orthodoxy with his whole heart and worked so hard for the Western-rite in the Russian Church Abroad.  He had insight that cut through ecclesial politics like a knife of common-sense and good faith.  He would have made a fine priest.  Eternal memory from around the globe for Fr. Deacon Polycarp (Robert).

I hope that details of his requiem and a proper biography are forthcoming.  Memory eternal.

Visit my blog@  http://orthodoxtasmania.blogspot.com

To the Russians abroad it has been granted to shine in the whole world  the light of Orthodoxy, so that other peoples, seeing their good deeds, might glorify our Father in Heaven, and thus obtain salvation
S John of Shanghai & San Francisco
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 04:47:00 AM »

REPOSE OF FR. DEACON ROBERT SHERWOOD

Posted: 04 Jun 2011 06:08 PM PDT

http://christminster.org/news/

It was with great shock and sorrow that we learned of the sudden repose of our benefactor, deacon, and friend — Robert (Polycarp) Sherwood. He suffered a massive heart attack at his home in Barrie earlier this afternoon (Saturday, 4 June). No further details are available at this time. But we ask you to remember him kindly in your prayers and devotions, as well as his beloved wife Lillias and his family.

Further information will be made available as it becomes known to us.

May his soul rest in peace. May the angels lead him into paradise, at his coming may the martyrs receive him, and with Lazarus, who once was poor, may he rest in peace.

Dom James M. Deschene
Abbot of Christminster

Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 11:32:52 PM »

May his Memory be Eternal!

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 11:46:21 PM »

May his memory be eternal.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 10:35:33 AM »

May Deacon Robert's memory be eternal.
love4christu

Faith: ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 09:49:41 AM »

Glory to you O God, my  Lord Jesus Christ and please listen to my prayer and forgive us for our trespasses,

and grant forgiveness and mercy to us. I pray that the soul of Deacon Robert finds rest and peace in the Lord Jesus Christ.

I pray in the Father Son and Holy Spirit that Father Deacon Robert may find forgiveness and be blessed and granted eternal life.

Spotless, undefiled, incorrupt,immaculate pure Virgin, Bride of God and Lady , by your marvellous conceiving unite God the Word with humankind and joined our rejected human nature to the heavenly realm; the only hope of the hopeless, help of the attacked, ready assistance of those who flee to you, and refuge of all Christians, please listen to my prayer and grant your servant Fr. Deacon Robert your Holy Grace , Love, Forgiveness and eternal life.

May the Lord Jesus Christ, forgive us.

Amen.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: