OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 27, 2014, 09:32:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the proceedure when something rli seriously bad happens??  (Read 326 times) Average Rating: 5
Poppy
OC.net guru

Faith: Muslim
Jurisdiction: Hanbali fiqh

onlytwatsusetwitter
« on: June 02, 2011, 12:43:01 PM »

One of the big things that is tricky for me is authority and there is allot of it in the church. RC churches have made cruddy decisions in the past in the way they have delt with unacceptable behaviour in their church leaders to the point where its become a international scandel. Some of the other protestant churches that teach a gospel of prosperity have made really bad decisions about how they obtained and what they did with church money....so how does the Orthodox church handle it when something serious happens in their chain of authority?? Is there a solid system to deal with it.... who is responsible and what happens usually?? Is there something in place like people checking up on them that prevents people from misusing their positions??

I haven't heard any bad stories about the Orthodox and i don't wan to either.... i'm sure ppl make mistakes but i need to know what happens in the system when something serious happens??

Thanks Poppy
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »

Each jurisdiction has its own rules to solve such issues, commissions and something like that.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Poppy
OC.net guru

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 04:00:54 PM »

Well can you give a example?? Say for instance in your jurasdiction does the priest get checked up on once a month does he have to attend accountability with his Bishop or anything like that?? I have no clue how this all works and it's rli important to know. With the hugest of respect i know these men are holy men of God to you and i am sure they all do their best to serve the people and God but to me (at the moment) they're just blokes with authority and it's a fair question given the seriousness of whats happened in some of the other faiths.
I'm not meaning to be disrespectfull....i would never ask the local priest something like this in his face... but i would here because its anon and its less akward.
I have a whole tonne of questions if i am asking to many then just say so.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:02:25 PM by Poppy » Logged
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 04:05:35 PM »

I have no idea how it is solved in my jurisdiction. Most likely the  Diocesan Bishop decides whether to suspend Priest or something like that. On the other hand for example the OCA has special commission for investigating the sexual misconducts.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Poppy
OC.net guru

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 04:21:31 PM »

Oki doki
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print