OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 06:41:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Protest  (Read 507 times) Average Rating: 0
Alcuin

Faith: Catholic

« on: May 31, 2011, 06:31:26 PM »

In the 'Faith Issues' forum there is a thread called 'Post Pictures of the Inside of Your Church'.

I am a western-rite Roman Catholic, and I made a post wherein I complimented everyone on how beautiful their Churches were, and then posted pictures of my own. The post is here: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,36728.0.html

My post was removed from the thread and moved to the Orthodox-Catholic discussion forum, and I received a warning from the moderator Michal Kalina in PM: "Remember that the Faith Issues forum is for debating the Orthodox Christianity. Posts about the Roman Catholic Church  are not allowed there."

I was not debating Orthodox Christianity, or engaging in any debate at all. I was just participating in the community and posting photographs of my Church. I find this pretty upsetting/offensive, as I don't think I did anything to offend anyone or make anybody uncomfortable. All I did was post photos of my Church, which was the purpose of the thread, and there was nothing in the OP specifying that only Eastern Orthodox should post photos. I'd like to have my post reinstated if possible.
Tallitot
Warned
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 06:35:57 PM »

It is against forum policy to discuss moderator actions on the public forum, you should pm him or an admin.

Proverbs 22:7
Alcuin

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 06:38:42 PM »

Understood. Will do so. I apologize for violating board policy, I was unaware that I was doing so.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 06:43:17 PM by Alcuin » Logged
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 09:18:02 PM »

The thing that really gets me, Alcuin, is that you had to have skipped over this thread in this very Board News section to post your complaint.

That thread discusses policies and this section discusses how to do things such as reporting a post or make a complaint, but you just ignored this infomration to call out one of my moderators and insult this site.

While you have apologized in general, I think you owe Michal Kalina a specific apology for his action of enforcing the clearly labeled organizational rules for the site.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: