OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 01:45:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ordination gifts  (Read 552 times) Average Rating: 0
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« on: June 03, 2011, 02:35:36 AM »

Does anyone have advice on things that would be good to give as a gift in congratulations for an ordination? I have diaconal ordination particularly in mind right now, but would be interested in hearing about others too.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 07:14:57 PM »

Icons, a bible, a book on the Lives of the Saints, etc.
Poppy
OC.net guru

Faith: Muslim
Jurisdiction: Hanbali fiqh

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 08:04:59 PM »

Pocket watch like the ones on a long chain
Margaret S.

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 08:24:41 PM »

Does anyone have advice on things that would be good to give as a gift in congratulations for an ordination? I have diaconal ordination particularly in mind right now, but would be interested in hearing about others too.

There's a post either here or on Monachos (sorry, don't have the energy to look - it's 1.30am here and I'm only awake because the stately home over the woods is having a shindig) that lists the books required for a good liturgical library, a lot of them are expensive, but perhaps you could start your deacon friend towards the collection?

In Christ,
Sr Margaret
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 09:04:55 PM »

a nice pen set, tie clip, cuff links...i'm sure he's getting plenty of icons and religious books as it is. or a bottle of good Bourbon.

Proverbs 22:7
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: