OrthodoxChristianity.net
January 26, 2015, 09:32:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives: The Life & Teachings Of Elder Thaddeus"  (Read 4095 times) Average Rating: 0
gregory77

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

« on: May 30, 2011, 12:12:35 PM »

A brief review and introduction to the book "Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives: The Life & Teachings Of Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeSsRH8Jj7U
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: GOAA

fleem
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 12:19:59 PM »

Thanks for the reviews- it reminds me I have to try and do more quality faith reading, and not just my 'summer' books.   Smiley

He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 12:20:11 PM »

I have read almost 1/2 of it so far.  I cannot say that I agree with all the statements 100% of the time, but I do argree with a lot of what is said and there is a lot of wisdom in it.  We are beginning a book study on it, led by our priest, on Wednesday evenings after service.
gregory77

Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 12:28:20 PM »

I have read almost 1/2 of it so far.  I cannot say that I agree with all the statements 100% of the time, but I do argree with a lot of what is said and there is a lot of wisdom in it.  We are beginning a book study on it, led by our priest, on Wednesday evenings after service.

I had the same thoughts as well, nobody is perfect.   However, there are some real gems in the book.  Thanks for the feedback.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 12:26:02 AM »

Christ is Risen!

I love this book and pray to Elder Thaddeus.  Like others have said, I find myself in agreeance with almost all of it; I just think that some of what he said doesn't necessarily apply to everyone in all situations.  But I cannot recommend this book enough!

Elder Thaddeus, pray for us sinners.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: