Author Topic: Embarassed Myself on Good Friday. (Funny)  (Read 698 times)

Offline bkovacs

Embarassed Myself on Good Friday. (Funny)
« on: May 13, 2011, 12:51:38 AM »
As we were walking toward the burial shroud, I realized that I forgot to remove my work coat, since I was coming from work. I got on my knees. Everyone made a full prostration on their knees before the burial table. Unfortunately for me, when I went to make my full prostration everything in my coat pocket went flying on the floor. Earplugs, pen, notepad, etc... Talk about being embarassed big time. Fortunately I heard no chuckles. I learned my lesson though. Take my coat off at Church!. :-[
"We knew not whether we were in heaven or on earth, for surely there is no such splendor or beauty anywhere on earth." The Divine Liturgy at Hagia Sophia.

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
Re: Embarassed Myself on Good Friday. (Funny)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 01:00:56 AM »
:)

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 01:32:06 AM »
As we were walking toward the burial shroud, I realized that I forgot to remove my work coat, since I was coming from work. I got on my knees. Everyone made a full prostration on their knees before the burial table. Unfortunately for me, when I went to make my full prostration everything in my coat pocket went flying on the floor. Earplugs, pen, notepad, etc... Talk about being embarassed big time. Fortunately I heard no chuckles. I learned my lesson though. Take my coat off at Church!. :-[
When processing to the middle of the church to read the Epistle lesson for Pascha, make sure you have a service book with you in addition to the Bible from which you'll be reading. I failed to do that one year and had to call on the choir director to announce the Prokeimenon for me. :-[
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:33:08 AM by PeterTheAleut »
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline ilyazhito

• OC.net guru
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 09:29:31 PM »
Yes, I read once, and forgot to say the "Alleluia"  immediately after "and to thy spirit".
When I was 5 or 6, I walked through the royal doors.