OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 12:14:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fr. Michael (Mansbridge-Wood) supsended?  (Read 9783 times) Average Rating: 0
SubdeaconDavid
"...the spread of the light of Orthodoxy among the peoples of all the lands where our Church exists continues as an inseparable part of our mission": Metropolitan Hilarion, First Hierarch of ROCOR
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church Abroad (ROCOR)

Помилуй мя Боже, по велицей милости Твоей

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2011, 10:19:22 AM »

Update from Tasmania:  The University of Tasmania closed the Alexander Center ecumenical chaplaincy centre, preferring cold hard cash to a spiritual centre located adjacent to the campus.  This was the home of St. Dyfan Russian Western Rite Vicariate Mission run by the St Petroc Monastery of Hiermonk Michael (Mansbridge-Wood) which is now seeking a new base and worshipping in the chapel at St. Petroc Monastery. http://stpetrocmonastery.blogspot.com/

On a happier note Hieromonk Michael (Mansbridge-Wood) and his St. Dyfan flock are attending the Hierarchical Divine Liturgy being served in commemoration of the Patronal Festival of  Exaltation of the Holy Cross Russian Orthodox Church in Lenah Valley, Hobart, on Sunday 3 October (new style) served by His Grace Bishop Ireney (Serbian Orthodox Church), the Rector of Hobart and Dandenong and Vicar-General of the Australian  & New Zealand Diocese of the Russian Church Abroad (ROCOR), Mitred Archpriest Dr. Mikhail Protopopov, the Abbott of St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Monastery (Victoria), Archimandrite Theodore, assisted by a Serbian deacon.

My son Elias is being baptised tomorrow, happy to receive the blessings of 1 Orthodox bishop and 3 Orthodox priests!

Visit my blog@  http://orthodoxtasmania.blogspot.com

To the Russians abroad it has been granted to shine in the whole world  the light of Orthodoxy, so that other peoples, seeing their good deeds, might glorify our Father in Heaven, and thus obtain salvation
S John of Shanghai & San Francisco
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2011, 11:31:05 AM »

Update from Tasmania:  The University of Tasmania closed the Alexander Center ecumenical chaplaincy centre, preferring cold hard cash to a spiritual centre located adjacent to the campus.  This was the home of St. Dyfan Russian Western Rite Vicariate Mission run by the St Petroc Monastery of Hiermonk Michael (Mansbridge-Wood) which is now seeking a new base and worshipping in the chapel at St. Petroc Monastery. http://stpetrocmonastery.blogspot.com/

On a happier note Hieromonk Michael (Mansbridge-Wood) and his St. Dyfan flock are attending the Hierarchical Divine Liturgy being served in commemoration of the Patronal Festival of  Exaltation of the Holy Cross Russian Orthodox Church in Lenah Valley, Hobart, on Sunday 3 October (new style) served by His Grace Bishop Ireney (Serbian Orthodox Church), the Rector of Hobart and Dandenong and Vicar-General of the Australian  & New Zealand Diocese of the Russian Church Abroad (ROCOR), Mitred Archpriest Dr. Mikhail Protopopov, the Abbott of St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Monastery (Victoria), Archimandrite Theodore, assisted by a Serbian deacon.

My son Elias is being baptised tomorrow, happy to receive the blessings of 1 Orthodox bishop and 3 Orthodox priests!
Many years!

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Fr.Aidan
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church (ROCOR)

Ds. superbis resistit; humilibus autem dat gratiam

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2011, 05:14:36 PM »

Happy to hear of the baptism, sorry to hear that the chapel is being lost. But perhaps this will be a blessing in disguise, according to God's will, in light of future events not revealed as yet.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 05:14:49 PM by Fr.Aidan » Logged
SubdeaconDavid
"...the spread of the light of Orthodoxy among the peoples of all the lands where our Church exists continues as an inseparable part of our mission": Metropolitan Hilarion, First Hierarch of ROCOR
High Elder

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2011, 04:01:34 PM »

Postcript:
Sadly we did not get to venerate the new icon of St. Petroc as only one WR person attended our festival yesterday. Nonetheless we had Russians, Serbs, Australians, Ethiopians, catechumen and some more present for as joy filled Liturgy, procession and feast.  It was a pity that we missed sharing it with the Western rite congregation and clergy.

To the Russians abroad it has been granted to shine in the whole world  the light of Orthodoxy, so that other peoples, seeing their good deeds, might glorify our Father in Heaven, and thus obtain salvation
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2011, 04:39:28 PM »

A communication today from Father Anthony Bondi who has been apppointed by Metropolitan Hilarion as Pastoral Vicar of the Western Rite and he works under Bishop Jerome.

<quote>
The following missions have withdrawn from St Petroc Monastery's oversight and are now part of the Fraternity of St Gregory and under Bishop Jerome.

SAINT NECTAN Barnstaple, Devon, England
SAINT EANSWYTHE Christchurch, Dorset, England

SAINT BEDE THE VENERABLE, Cleethorpes, NE Lincolnshire, England

Under Bishop Jerome:

SAINT DYFAN Hobart, Tasmania
SAINT GILDAS Perth, Western Australia

SubdeaconDavid
High Elder

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2011, 02:36:57 AM »

A communication today from Father Anthony Bondi who has been apppointed by Metropolitan Hilarion as Pastoral Vicar of the Western Rite and he works under Bishop Jerome.

<quote>
The following missions have withdrawn from St Petroc Monastery's oversight and are now part of the Fraternity of St Gregory and under Bishop Jerome.

Under Bishop Jerome:

My understanding from the St. Gildas (St Petroc Monastery aka SPM website) is that St. Gildas Perth is long closed - a fact that is  acknowledged by Fr. Michael (Mansbridge-Wood) who is/was presumably the webmaster for the suite of SPM sites.  The website says:
]THIS MISSION IS NOT CURRENTLY OPERATING
  See in full at:http://perthorthodox.blogspot.com/

Perhaps St. Petroc Monastery (SPM) re-started it and just did not update their website?  In regard to the UK I heard  that Hieromonk Michael (Mansbridge-Wood) will be in Scotland in the New Year leading a retreat on a Scottish island (Iona?).  I am not sure under which organisation's auspices the retreat is. It may be private.

In relation to St. Dyfan Hobart, the St Dyfan (SPM?) website has a link direct from the official Australian & New Zealand ROCOR Diocesan website
to the mission website at http://hobartorthodox.blogspot.com/ that states the Mission is under
the oversight of Fr. Barry
Jeffery. The St Innocent Clergy Directory of ROCOR lists Fr. Barry Jeffery and additionally lists Hieromonk Michael (Wood) / (Mansbridge-Wood). Neither the Directory or ROCOR website notes that St Dyfan or St Gildas is now under the direction of Vladyka Jerome.

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2011, 02:52:19 AM »

Church websites and directories are notoriously tardy with updates.  In dubious matters don't put too much reliance on them.
 laugh

<quote>

Under Bishop Jerome:

My understanding from the St. Gildas (St Petroc Monastery aka SPM website) is that St. Gildas Perth is long closed - a fact that is  acknowledged by Fr. Michael (Mansbridge-Wood) who is/was presumably the webmaster for the suite of SPM sites.  The website says:
]THIS MISSION IS NOT CURRENTLY OPERATING
  See in full at:http://perthorthodox.blogspot.com/

Perhaps St. Petroc Monastery (SPM) re-started it and just did not update their website?  In regard to the UK I heard  that Hieromonk Michael (Mansbridge-Wood) will be in Scotland in the New Year leading a retreat on a Scottish island (Iona?).  I am not sure under which organisation's auspices the retreat is. It may be private.

In relation to St. Dyfan Hobart, the St Dyfan (SPM?) website has a link direct from the official Australian & New Zealand ROCOR Diocesan website
to the mission website at http://hobartorthodox.blogspot.com/ that states the Mission is under
the oversight of Fr. Barry
Jeffery. The St Innocent Clergy Directory of ROCOR lists Fr. Barry Jeffery and additionally lists Hieromonk Michael (Wood) / (Mansbridge-Wood). Neither the Directory or ROCOR website notes that St Dyfan or St Gildas is now under the direction of Vladyka Jerome.
LBK
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2013, 06:00:00 AM »

Metropolitan’s Decree

February 23, 2013

No. 2-28-13

In  view of his violations of the canons by disrespect of the person of the Patriarch and other members of the Hierarchy, lengthy absences from his parish in Hobart, Tasmania, causing spiritual neglect of the faithful of his church community, and the constant inflammatory and unedifying  negative comments which he publicly broadcasts within the religious media, bringing disrepute to the Orthodox witness of the Western Rite  movement, Hieromonk Michael (Mansbridge-Wood), cleric of the Australian and New Zealand Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, is hereby suspended and relieved of all his priestly duties and obligations concerning the Western Rite in the United Kingdom and elsewhere, and is retired from active service in the Church.

Given the above, any and all blessings for his websites are hereby withdrawn.

+Hilarion

Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia

Source: http://www.rocor.org.au/?p=7603
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 06:00:59 AM by LBK » Logged
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2013, 04:26:18 PM »

He left ROCOR for some True Orthodoxy.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 04:26:30 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2013, 04:45:43 PM »

Yawn.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2013, 05:42:46 PM »

So we have another schismatic on our hands.

Joseph
ROCORWRVUK

Jurisdiction: ROCOR Western Rite Vicariate

Official account of the ROCOR Western Rite - UK

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2013, 06:28:41 PM »

Apparently he is taking up permanent residence in Scotland, which is great news for the canonical ROCOR WR mission in the UK...

Please pray for us!

Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2013, 06:31:23 PM »

Apparently he is taking up permanent residence in Scotland, which is great news for the canonical ROCOR WR mission in the UK...

Please pray for us!

Wait, but he is no longer in ROCOR...

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
ROCORWRVUK

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2013, 06:43:29 PM »

Please pray for us!

Sorry, my sarcasm didn't translate very well over the net. I should stick to official news announcements!

I was being serious about the prayers, though, we will really need them if this is the case.

Margaret S.

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2013, 04:18:57 PM »

Like Fr Anastasios, you mean?  Huh
Margaret S.

« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2013, 04:23:45 PM »

Please pray for us!

Sorry, my sarcasm didn't translate very well over the net. I should stick to official news announcements!

I was being serious about the prayers, though, we will really need them if this is the case.

We'll pray you manage to find some service times to put on your church's website Smiley How long have you been ordained now?
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2013, 04:32:55 PM »

He's not longer "fr".

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
ROCORWRVUK

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2013, 05:36:27 PM »

Please pray for us!

We'll pray you manage to find some service times to put on your church's website Smiley How long have you been ordained now?

Thank you. I'm not ordained, I'm merely someone who makes news announcements.

searn77

Faith: Orthodox Old Calendarist
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia of the Americas & the British Isles

St. Philaret (Voznesensky) of New York

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2013, 06:04:21 PM »

Fr. Michael is now in the Russian True Orthodox synod that's under Metropolitan Raphael (http://ipckatakomb.ru/) which my own synod is in communion with. And yes, while our synods are not in communion with (formerly father) Anastasios, both Anastasios' synod and our synods are True Orthodox synods.

Let us the faithful now come together to praise our father, protector and teacher the pillar of the Orthodox faith and firm defender of piety even the wondrous hierarch Philaret and let us glorify our Saviour Who has granted us his incorrupt relics as a manifest sign of his sanctity.
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2013, 02:31:51 PM »

Fr. Michael is now in the Russian True Orthodox synod that's under Metropolitan Raphael (http://ipckatakomb.ru/) which my own synod is in communion with. And yes, while our synods are not in communion with (formerly father) Anastasios, both Anastasios' synod and our synods are True Orthodox synods.

Interesting. I wonder he chose Russian church instead of a Western church.

Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2013, 09:49:13 PM »

Better pension or retirement plan?

In Christ,
Andrew

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2013, 09:56:27 PM »

He continues to serve in the Western rite under that Russian church, so in that respect it's the same as his situation under ROCOR, a Russian jurisdiction with a WR mission.
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2013, 08:47:46 AM »

I can not remember where I posted my reservations about some of the people that were being ordained by ROCOR to serve the WR, but I think it was in this topic. I did not name names so as not to cause prejudice against any of them. Here is a topic about one of these people, and when you look at his whole story you will see why he was never able to pass vetting with other jurisdictions. http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,52139.0.html
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:48:40 AM by arimethea » Logged

Joseph
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: