OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 09:02:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Christianity Today Magazine a Good Read for Orthodox?  (Read 708 times) Average Rating: 0
aleksod
Palatinus Magnus

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

aleksod
« on: May 26, 2011, 01:19:10 PM »

Not so long I discovered Christianity Today Magazine online. I really like it, all the articles I have read so far were pretty orthodox (with small "o" since it is clearly an Evangelical Protestant publication) in terms of major issues and haven't found anything anti-Orthodox. On the contrary, everything I have read remotely relating to the Orthodox Church has been written in a very respectful and friendly manner. Still, I am wondering if an Orthodox Christian like me should continue reading it. If you have any information/suggestion/advice about this, please, let me know. Thanks!  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 01:20:55 PM by aleksod » Logged

<>< Credo quia absurdum +
genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 01:27:07 PM »

CT is usually pretty stable - doesn't usually cater to outlandish ideas or practices - generally quite conservative. Many articles are useful for their newsworthiness. I subscribe to their email notification and read only the occasional article. Most of it doesn't matter much to me. And yes, there have been several articles that put Orthodoxy in a good light, but it's still a Protestant publication.
aleksod
Palatinus Magnus

aleksod
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 01:47:25 PM »

Thank you for your reply. Do you have any suggestion for Orthodox alternatives to this publication?

Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 02:11:06 PM »

Thank you for your reply. Do you have any suggestion for Orthodox alternatives to this publication?
Orthodox Word or Road to Emmaus are two good ones off the top of my head.

In Christ,
Andrew

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 02:43:26 PM »

See http://www.antiochian.org/theword     CT I would say is kind of like a CS Lewis type of Christianity I would guess & that seems pretty good.

Antiochian OC N.A.
aleksod
Palatinus Magnus

aleksod
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 03:41:38 PM »

Thank you all! Keep 'em coming!

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print