OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 25, 2014, 07:38:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Papal Tiara for Christian Unity  (Read 3031 times) Average Rating: 0
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« on: May 25, 2011, 04:21:06 PM »

At today's weekly general audience the Holy Father received a new tiara made for him and presented by Catholic and Orthodox Christians.
More: http://orbiscatholicussecundus.blogspot.com/2011/05/pope-receives-tiara-from-catholics-and.html

Edit to make naked link conform to board policy, nothing more
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:58:12 PM by Schultz » Logged

Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 11:30:03 AM »

What an unexpected gift from an unexpected source.
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 03:37:36 PM »

At today's weekly general audience the Holy Father received a new tiara made for him and presented by Catholic and Orthodox Christians.
More: http://orbiscatholicussecundus.blogspot.com/2011/05/pope-receives-tiara-from-catholics-and.html

Edit to make naked link conform to board policy, nothing more

I  thought that the first Pope to wear the papal tiara was Pope Clement V in 1314, well after the break between RC and EO. So I don’t see the papal tiara as a symbol for Christian unity.

Quoting tags edited - MK.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 04:05:20 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged
Melodist
Archon

Faith: The Faith That Established The Universe
Jurisdiction: AOANA

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 11:13:26 PM »

I get the impression that some people may be taking this way too far. A Roman Catholic hired a company owned by Orthodox christians to make the tiara. I could be mistaken, but I believe the Orthodox included in the presentation were representing their company and workmanship, not the Church.

And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 01:19:57 AM »

I get the impression that some people may be taking this way too far. A Roman Catholic hired a company owned by Orthodox christians to make the tiara. I could be mistaken, but I believe the Orthodox included in the presentation were representing their company and workmanship, not the Church.
If the Internets are to be believed, a new unia is imminent.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 02:16:13 AM »

I agree!

Many years,

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 10:06:52 AM »

I agree!

Many years,

Neil

Cheesy  Always good to know that Commerce still trumps Schism!!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:07:16 AM by elijahmaria » Logged

Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 12:52:39 PM »

I agree!

Many years,

Neil

Too good to share the Sacraments but not too good to take our money. Wink
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 12:55:04 PM »

I agree!

Many years,

Neil

In this case it was a gift.

Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 01:00:03 PM »

I was responding to this:

So they will abandon their anti-Papacy convictions to take our money, eh? If someone offered me money to go out and distribute Chick tracts I know what my answer would be, regardless of the amount offered.
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 01:03:37 PM »

So they will abandon their anti-Papacy convictions to take our money, eh? If someone offered me money to go out and distribute Chick tracts I know what my answer would be, regardless of the amount offered.

Yes.  And Orthodox Patriarchs gratefully accept money from the Vatican for building up parishes and seminaries.  So what do we do?....Give with the open hand and then spit in the eye and slap with the other hand?

You are no better than anyone else around here.  You dish it out just as you see fit without ever thinking perhaps to simply and kindly be grateful for the opportunity to witness what is good to all.

Shame.

Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 01:06:53 PM »

Yes.  And Orthodox Patriarchs gratefully accept money from the Vatican for building up parishes and seminaries.  So what do we do?....Give with the open hand and then spit in the eye and slap with the other hand?

You are no better than anyone else around here.  You dish it out just as you see fit without ever thinking perhaps to simply and kindly be grateful for the opportunity to witness what is good to all.

Shame.
Not sure what I did that you find so wrong. I know this, peddling false ecumenism to try to win over the Eastern Orthodox is not the game I play.
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 01:12:53 PM »

Shame.
Not sure what I did that you find so wrong. I know this, peddling false ecumenism to try to win over the Eastern Orthodox is not the game I play.

If you understood and knew me and those who have taught me, you would know that we do not play any kind of game at all.  Certainly the Holy Father in his comments about theology and ecumenism is not playing any games either, and much of what I've said here has been said before me by those much greater than I.

What brings on my shame at your behavior is that you've traded your sense and spiritual health so that you can look and sound just like those who seem to cause you such grief here.

You are not defending the Church or Jesus.  You are venting Wyatt's spleen.

If you don't take stock you are going to miss a golden opportunity in your next confession.

Mary
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:13:28 PM by elijahmaria » Logged

Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 01:20:36 PM »

If you understood and knew me and those who have taught me, you would know that we do not play any kind of game at all.  Certainly the Holy Father in his comments about theology and ecumenism is not playing any games either, and much of what I've said here has been said before me by those much greater than I.
Notice I didn't say ecumenism, I said "false ecumenism." There's a difference. We can embrace and thank God for the elements of our faith that we share in common with the Eastern and Oriental Orthodox. I just think we need to be honest and not try to gloss over the differences by attributing them to just differences in wording.

What brings on my shame at your behavior is that you've traded your sense and spiritual health so that you can look and sound just like those who seem to cause you such grief here.
You're in no position to judge my spiritual health.

Really? I thought when I don't compromise my faith for the sake of false unity that that is exactly what I'm doing.

If you don't take stock you are going to miss a golden opportunity in your next confession.
And what exactly is this opportunity?
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 01:27:35 PM »

Notice I didn't say ecumenism, I said "false ecumenism." There's a difference. We can embrace and thank God for the elements of our faith that we share in common with the Eastern and Oriental Orthodox. I just think we need to be honest and not try to gloss over the differences by attributing them to just differences in wording.

Really? I thought when I don't compromise my faith for the sake of false unity that that is exactly what I'm doing.

I don't want to peer into Elijahmaria's mind, but I suspect she is thinking of this:

"How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye?"  Luke 6:42
Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 01:29:25 PM »

I don't want to peer into Elijahmaria's mind, but I suspect she is thinking of this:

"How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye?"  Luke 6:42

The thing is, those words were spoken by the Word Incarnate, who has the authority to say such things. Elijahmaria has no idea what is in my eye.
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 01:31:43 PM »

"How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye?"  Luke 6:42

You can just look in...the window is generally open!!.... Smiley

I think for the time being it is far better to pray for Wyatt than to try to talk to him.  He's too busy defending bad behaviors on the grounds that everybody does it.

Tongue
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:32:28 PM by elijahmaria » Logged

Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 01:33:54 PM »

I think for the time being it is far better to pray for Wyatt than to try to talk to him.  He's too busy defending bad behaviors on the grounds that everybody does it.
Nice, so now you're playing the ol' use-prayer-as-a-veiled-insult card (e.g. I will pray for you since you are such a filthy, grievous sinner).
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 01:40:59 PM »

Nice, so now you're playing the ol' use-prayer-as-a-veiled-insult card (e.g. I will pray for you since you are such a filthy, grievous sinner).

I live an avowed life Wyatt.  Prayer is the central core of all that I am and do.   You have no way of knowing that so I will not be put off by your comment but I think you really ought to settle inside and see if there's not some shred of truth in what I am saying to you here.

Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 01:46:13 PM »

I live an avowed life Wyatt.  Prayer is the central core of all that I am and do.   You have no way of knowing that so I will not be put off by your comment but I think you really ought to settle inside and see if there's not some shred of truth in what I am saying to you here.
The core of this issue is that we simply have two different ways of seeing things. You believe that we are very close to reunion and an end to the schism. I do not. I would happily apologize and admit being wrong if the Churches do get back together anytime soon. I just strongly do not believe it will happen. I also don't think that being honest about doctrine makes me sinful or in need of confession. You don't see me going around throwing the word "schismatic" and "heretic" around when referring to the other Apostolic Churches, so I hardly think I am being uncharitable.
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 01:52:34 PM »

The core of this issue is that we simply have two different ways of seeing things. You believe that we are very close to reunion and an end to the schism. I do not. I would happily apologize and admit being wrong if the Churches do get back together anytime soon. I just strongly do not believe it will happen. I also don't think that being honest about doctrine makes me sinful or in need of confession. You don't see me going around throwing the word "schismatic" and "heretic" around when referring to the other Apostolic Churches, so I hardly think I am being uncharitable.

You have gone far afield from where I began with this and added things that do not belong with my initial sorrow at your comment below so I have no more to say but to remind you of where I began.  It was gratuitous and mean spirited given the fact that the Vatican has provided funds to Orthodox jurisdictions for many years to help them overcome some of the impoverishment of the Soviet period.  You do not give and slap at the same time.  Very bad way to treat anyone:

"Too good to share the Sacraments but not too good to take our money.   Wink"

Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 01:56:14 PM »

You have gone far afield from where I began with this and added things that do not belong with my initial sorrow at your comment below so I have no more to say but to remind you of where I began.  It was gratuitous and mean spirited given the fact that the Vatican has provided funds to Orthodox jurisdictions for many years to help them overcome some of the impoverishment of the Soviet period.  You do not give and slap at the same time.  Very bad way to treat anyone:

"Too good to share the Sacraments but not too good to take our money.   Wink"

I haven't given and slapped at the same time. I do not work at the Vatican. I have not given consent to have those funds sent to EO jurisdictions, so I don't know what you mean.
stanley123
Protokentarchos

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 03:20:48 PM »

Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 03:29:26 PM »

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2011, 03:35:17 PM »

An anathema on both your houses!

I'm going to need this.
stanley123
Protokentarchos

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 03:42:07 PM »

But anathema is an ecclesiastical curse condemning a person to hell, is it not?
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2011, 08:33:51 PM »

I'm still waiting for you to change it to "anathema sit". Wink

Stanley, Wyatt has had that signature for weeks. It doesn't have anything to do with this thread (if that's what you're wondering).

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2011, 08:39:58 PM »

I don't how much more there is to say about this matter, but I note that Fr. Z started a poll about the tiara:

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2011/05/true-ecumenical-gesture-catholics-orthodox-together-give-pope-new-papal-tiara/

stanley123
Protokentarchos

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 09:27:40 PM »

Stanley, Wyatt has had that signature for weeks. It doesn't have anything to do with this thread (if that's what you're wondering).
I don't know why someone is going around cursing and anathematising people, indicating that they should be condemned to eternal damnation in the fires of hell. Isn't that the meaning of the word anathema? 
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 09:33:51 PM »

I don't know why someone is going around cursing and anathematising people, indicating that they should be condemned to eternal damnation in the fires of hell. Isn't that the meaning of the word anathema? 

It is an excommunication, a separation from Jesus:

1 Cor. 12:3, "Therefore I make known to you, that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed" (anathema); and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit."

1 Cor. 16:22, "If anyone does not love the Lord, let him be accursed. Maranatha."

Rom. 9:3, "For I could wish that I myself were accursed (anathema), separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh."

Gal. 1:8-9, "But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed (anathema). 9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed (anathema)."

stanley123
Protokentarchos

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »

It is an excommunication, a separation from Jesus:

1 Cor. 12:3, "Therefore I make known to you, that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed" (anathema); and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit."

1 Cor. 16:22, "If anyone does not love the Lord, let him be accursed. Maranatha."

Rom. 9:3, "For I could wish that I myself were accursed (anathema), separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh."

Gal. 1:8-9, "But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed (anathema). 9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed (anathema)."

A formal anathema takes place with the following words, does it not:
Wherefore in the name of God the All-powerful, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, of Blessed Peter, Prince of the Apostles, and of all the saints, in virtue of the power which has been given us of binding and loosing in Heaven and on earth, we deprive (Name) himself and all his accomplices and all his abettors of the Communion of the Body and Blood of Our Lord, we separate him from the society of all Christians, we exclude him from the bosom of our Holy Mother the Church in Heaven and on earth, we declare him excommunicated and anathematized and we judge him condemned to eternal fire with Satan and his angels and all the reprobate, so long as he will not burst the fetters of the demon, do penance and satisfy the Church; we deliver him to Satan ...., etc.
I don't see why a poster would be going around proclaiming anathema, which amounts to delivering people on this board to eternal fire with Satan?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 09:47:22 PM by stanley123 » Logged
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2011, 10:00:44 PM »

Wherefore in the name of God the All-powerful, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, of Blessed Peter, Prince of the Apostles, and of all the saints, in virtue of the power which has been given us of binding and loosing in Heaven and on earth, we deprive (Name) himself and all his accomplices and all his abettors of the Communion of the Body and Blood of Our Lord, we separate him from the society of all Christians, we exclude him from the bosom of our Holy Mother the Church in Heaven and on earth, we declare him excommunicated and anathematized and we judge him condemned to eternal fire with Satan and his angels and all the reprobate, so long as he will not burst the fetters of the demon, do penance and satisfy the Church; we deliver him to Satan ...., etc.
I don't see why a poster would be going around proclaiming anathema, which amounts to delivering people on this board to eternal fire with Satan?
Only in your confession.
In the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, unlike your confession, we don't believe that any man has the authority to condemn anyone to hell. I'm surprised to learn that your bishops seem to think they have such authority, and even more surprised that you believe them. And unlike your bishops, ours do not make such offerings to Satan.
In the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, to pronounce someone "anathema" means to cut them off from the Church and hand them over to the judgement of God.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2011, 10:01:53 PM »

But anathema is an ecclesiastical curse condemning a person to hell, is it not?
An anathema is an excommunication. Nothing more. The Church doesn't have the power to put someone in hell.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2011, 10:15:50 PM »

That was, I believe, the practice at one point.

Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2011, 10:17:12 PM »

That was, I believe, the practice at one point.
Though (if it ever was) it is not anymore. Today there are not varying levels of excommunication in canon law. There is just excommunication.
Romanist

Jurisdiction: Roman Rite

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2011, 10:43:40 PM »

ooh...pretty hat!  Smiley
Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2011, 11:47:20 PM »

Prettier than the Byzantine style hats?
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2011, 12:00:36 AM »

Can Catholics change past anathemas? For example, when the ancient Church anathematized men who were already dead, it would almost certainly have been more than a mere excommunication. Could the Catholic Church downgrade the severity of such an anathema?   Smiley
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2011, 12:07:38 AM »

Prettier than the Byzantine style hats?

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2011, 09:53:49 AM »

Can Catholics change past anathemas? For example, when the ancient Church anathematized men who were already dead, it would almost certainly have been more than a mere excommunication. Could the Catholic Church downgrade the severity of such an anathema?   Smiley

Depends how "official" it was conducted.

I'm going to need this.
Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2011, 12:29:10 PM »

I like that one.
Melodist
Archon

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2011, 12:47:54 PM »

It's more like if you ran a clothing store and he wnated to you to taylor a suit for him. You can't expect everyone only to do business with co-religionists.

elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2011, 12:52:09 PM »

It's more like if you ran a clothing store and he wnated to you to taylor a suit for him. You can't expect everyone only to do business with co-religionists.

It is interesting that you would see caritas as "doing business"....

Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »

So they will abandon their anti-Papacy convictions to take our money, eh?

For what it's worth, I think you're being a little overly harsh. Imagine an Anglican "priest" approached a Catholic tailor with some vestments that needed repairs. Would the Catholic tailor say "Sorry, you'll have to take your business elsewhere, since I don't consider you to be a real priest."? Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't ... but if he didn't, it wouldn't make him a bad Catholic, right?

Melodist
Archon

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2011, 01:23:57 PM »

That's what his situation is. Yes, there could be something said about the cooperation involved. There might be a level of open heartedness in offering the job to Orthodox christians. The same could be said about the willingness to accept the job and putting some quality into the work. The attitude of good will involved on both sides is something that would bring us closer if it were shared by everyone, but I just don't think this is really as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be.

Honestly, I think more is accomplished by regular people doing little things like buying and sharing icons, medals, books, etc.

elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2011, 01:35:43 PM »

That's what his situation is. Yes, there could be something said about the cooperation involved. There might be a level of open heartedness in offering the job to Orthodox christians. The same could be said about the willingness to accept the job and putting some quality into the work. The attitude of good will involved on both sides is something that would bring us closer if it were shared by everyone, but I just don't think this is really as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be.

Honestly, I think more is accomplished by regular people doing little things like buying and sharing icons, medals, books, etc.

Oooooooooooops!

My fault, I fear!  I was thinking about the other thread on Catholic charity for Orthodox jurisdictions...material help. 

So sorry...pretend I wasn't here...please  Smiley

Melodist
Archon

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2011, 01:41:09 PM »

Oooooooooooops!

My fault, I fear!  I was thinking about the other thread on Catholic charity for Orthodox jurisdictions...material help. 

So sorry...pretend I wasn't here...please  Smiley

It happens.

elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2011, 02:14:26 PM »

It happens.

Yabbut lately it seems to be happening more often!!   Tongue

synLeszka
High Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2011, 03:39:54 PM »

Only in your confession.
In the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, unlike your confession, we don't believe that any man has the authority to condemn anyone to hell. I'm surprised to learn that your bishops seem to think they have such authority, and even more surprised that you believe them. And unlike your bishops, ours do not make such offerings to Satan.
In the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, to pronounce someone "anathema" means to cut them off from the Church and hand them over to the judgement of God.

There is proof to the contrary.
The Russian Orthodox Church a couple years ago renewed an anathema on the Hetman Ivan Mazepa, for cooperating with the Swedes against the Russian Tsar. What sense there is in that, I do not know. There are plenty of Orthodox anathemas. The Greek Church had anathemised Nikos Kazantzakis and Constantine Kavafis? What for? For promoting Orthodoxy outside of Greece by way of literature. These anathemas were in the previous century.
Excommunication is officially damnation. Anathema is excommunication, the excommunicated, if they do not repent are damned.

That formula could be an invention of the author, it has no source. I truly wonder what is the source of that material. The best sources of Papal statements, as we all know, are Calvinist and Lutheran apologetic tracts. The Protestants seem to know the Pope than most Christians.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2011, 03:48:27 PM »

I was reading some of the comments on Fr. Z's blog entry. I like this one:

Fr_Sotelo says:
25 May 2011 at 1:45 pm
I think the Holy Father has a funny look on his face, like when some people open up a Christmas present and find mittens your aunt knitted for you, but which you don’t want to be caught dead in LOL. Caption: The Holy Father thinks, “A tiara! I would rather have the QUIRINALE PALACE. And while we’re at it, just give me back the Papal States.”

Benedict XVI is not a triregnum sort of guy. But he would like very nice up on the sedia, with the flabelli ostrich plumes, the Palatine Noble Guard, papal tiara, and the precious cope that looks like it weighs 50 pounds.

One of the other commenters provided this link about JPII being given a Tiara in 1981:
http://hallowedground.wordpress.com/2007/11/16/did-you-know/
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:58:35 PM by Peter J » Logged

Tags: catholic  orthodox  Ecumenism  papacy  tiara 
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: