OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 11:51:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Urgent prayers in need.  (Read 485 times) Average Rating: 0
icanthelpit

Faith: orthodox
Jurisdiction: orthodox

« on: May 25, 2011, 11:42:35 AM »

i  ve prayed hard to God, but he abadonded me or either doesn't exist and it's just stories.

i ve been praying for something,   so hard , i tried to be good and go to church and help others, while others claimed to be atheist and were easily given what i prayed for so long. fuck this life. there is nothing for me. i tried to work so hard and do everything in my power , other people in the same school were bullying me, made me feel bad, even the teachers and i be been working on that for years working hard, and they tried to put me down. ripped me off , helped everyoen get a job, they took my money and my dreams are gone. they ripped me off on my marks, i complained to the school, but they supported them... before getting in that school i was praying hard for a job but it didnt come and a monk advised me to do some better qualifications. before the exams i studied hard, i knew everything , i even went to a monastery and prayed to pass the exams, and get a job, but God was not there. people have been wishing me bad all the time, but i helped people as much as i could, although i didn't have to. i don't owe anything to anyone. i suffer not having a job for the past few years, and now i see it all. God doesn't exist, cause if he did he would have helped me. This school is criminal, they discriminate and make fun of people, even judge someone on their religion. now they took my money, and left me like this. my life was so hard, a living torture. and i might die off .

would like to ask you to pray for me. to sincere pray for me........not some lord have mercy, if anybody really cares...
thing don't get any better, and i will either shoot myself....im in so much pain i would kill.
God doesn't exist, for me, He never liked me, never helped me with what i asked.
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:32:02 PM »

This is a harsh world & I pray that you will not ultimately despair. Please talk to anyone who can truly help you; granted, I cannot know what grief you may be experiencing but please do not give up on God. Read the Beatitudes, remember that our Lord tells us that we will have tribulation but to be of good cheer (as best as possible) since He has overcome the world (see John 16:33). Keep your focus and it is all right to grieve & cry if life is bitter & cruel but please do not give up. May God bless you.

Antiochian OC N.A.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 01:15:01 PM »

Praying that you find peace and contentment.

Remember, their isn't a formula to perform in order to have our wishes granted.  Being good and kind to others is simply what you are...as an Orthodox Christian.  However, it doesn't guarantee you a good life on earth....but, it will lead you to eternal salvation.

Many saints lived saintly lives, but, suffered greatly.  However, today they are rejoicing.

Don't feel despondent.  Things WILL change.  I don't know who you are, how old you are, nor your circumstances....however, "shooting" yourself is not an out.  It will only make things worse for you.  If it's that bad, leave where you are...go and make a fresh start somewhere else.  There is always something that can be done.

If there's anything specific that you need, and that other's can help you with, please let us know.  PM me and I will gladly do whatever I can to help you. 

May the Lord reach out and grant you strength.  May He make Himself known to you, and grant you that which is needed for your eternal salvation.

Grant this, Oh Lord!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

Ask w/ tears, seek w/ obedience, knock w/ patience

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 01:32:53 PM »

Lord have mercy on your servant.
Holy Theotokos, pray and intercede to your son, our saviour, and through your motherly love grant peace and rest for the soul.

8 Good and upright is the LORD;
   therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
9 He guides the humble in what is right
   and teaches them his way.
10 All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful
   toward those who keep the demands of his covenant.
11 For the sake of your name, LORD,
   forgive my iniquity, though it is great.

Authentic zeal is not directed towards anything but union in Christ, or against anything but our own fallenness.

"Beardliness is next to Godliness."- Asteriktos
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 02:11:27 PM »

Please forget about the marks, the job and the bullying for a while. These things are tormenting you. Christ told us that if we are anxious and worried about what will happen to us tomorrow, we will drive ourselves into a place like that; before you say he does not exist or isn't listening, you ought to at least listen to him!

Go walking around your city or town, spend a little time in nature if you have any around. Anything to stop focusing on yourself and what's happened.

I pray that you are healed of your affliction.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 12:05:15 AM »

Lord have Mercy.
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 12:40:10 AM »

icanthelpit,

For clarification (from my perspective at least), "Lord, have mercy" doesn't mean that that is the entirety of the prayer.
May you be given additional strength to endure these tribulations.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 12:44:19 AM »

Praying that you find peace and contentment.

Remember, their isn't a formula to perform in order to have our wishes granted.  Being good and kind to others is simply what you are...as an Orthodox Christian.  However, it doesn't guarantee you a good life on earth....but, it will lead you to eternal salvation.

Many saints lived saintly lives, but, suffered greatly.  However, today they are rejoicing.

Don't feel despondent.  Things WILL change.  I don't know who you are, how old you are, nor your circumstances....however, "shooting" yourself is not an out.  It will only make things worse for you.  If it's that bad, leave where you are...go and make a fresh start somewhere else.  There is always something that can be done.

If there's anything specific that you need, and that other's can help you with, please let us know.  PM me and I will gladly do whatever I can to help you. 

May the Lord reach out and grant you strength.  May He make Himself known to you, and grant you that which is needed for your eternal salvation.

Grant this, Oh Lord!

Grant this, o Lord!

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 05:20:00 AM »

Prayers ..............
Lord Have Mercy......Amen Amen

Don't You even Think Of Doing That ,If You Do
You Will Have A Eternity Of Regret and won't be able to do anything about ... police
Because ,Eventually Mourning Ends , Loved ones and Friends Go Back to there Lives........... police

Life is Rough it isn't Easy ,Take one Day at a time and deal
with the things in that day...... police
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 05:22:16 AM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 05:50:23 AM »

Please don't give up. Remember the story about Job. He lost everything his wealth, his children and even his wife left him and yet in the end God gave everything and more back to him. The Lord never abandon His children. Even though He seem far away.
"Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven"(Matthew 5:3-12)

May the Lord help you and save you from all evil.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: