OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 09:30:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch Catholic order hit by pedophile group scandal  (Read 713 times) Average Rating: 0
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« on: May 24, 2011, 11:44:17 PM »

They sacked the Priest ...... police

By Tom Heneghan, Religion Editor – Mon May 23, 2:29 pm ET

PARIS (Reuters) – A Roman Catholic order of priests sacked its leader in the Netherlands and disciplined another priest Monday after the two publicly defended pedophile sex, an issue haunting the worldwide Church in recent years.

The scandal erupted over the weekend when RTL radio reported the priest, named only as Rev. Van B, had been a board member of a lobbying group advocating sex between adults and children. He told RTL that few children suffered from such relationships.

Asked about the case, Rev. Herman Spronck, leader of the Dutch Salesians, said he agreed pedophile sex could be accepted.

Story continues Here , Link....http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110523/wl_nm/us_netherlands_catholic_paedophilia

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 11:52:55 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
WetCatechumen
Roman Catholic
Elder

Faith: Catholic Christianity
Jurisdiction: Latin Rite - Archdiocese of Santa Fe; Ruthenian Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Phoenix

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 01:15:55 PM »

PARIS (Reuters) – A Roman Catholic order of priests sacked its leader in the Netherlands and disciplined another priest Monday after the two publicly defended pedophile sex, an issue haunting the worldwide Church in recent years.

The scandal erupted over the weekend when RTL radio reported the priest, named only as Rev. Van B, had been a board member of a lobbying group advocating sex between adults and children. He told RTL that few children suffered from such relationships.

Asked about the case, Rev. Herman Spronck, leader of the Dutch Salesians, said he agreed pedophile sex could be accepted.

Story continues Here , Link....http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110523/wl_nm/us_netherlands_catholic_paedophilia

How in the WORLD do people like this get into the presbytery? What in the world. Seriously.

"And because they have nothing better to do, they take cushion and chairs to Rome. And while the Pope is saying liturgy, they go, 'Oh, oh, oh, filioque!' And the Pope say, 'Filioque? That-uh sound nice! I think I divide-uh the Church over it!'" - Comrade Real Presence
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 02:02:50 PM »

How in the WORLD do people like this get into the presbytery? What in the world. Seriously.
The REAL question we should be asking is why stashko keeps dredging up stuff like this.
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 04:12:39 PM »

The REAL question we should be asking is why stashko keeps dredging up stuff like this.

Because he loves the Catholic Church  Smiley and wants us to be our ecclesial best!!

Of all the things he does, this one bothers me the least. 

What bothers me, however, is the world who gasps over the Catholic scandals but says little to nothing about the rest of our society and the way we treat our children in schools, social venues and HOMES!!...that is what bothers me.

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 04:34:47 PM »

Because he loves the Catholic Church  Smiley and wants us to be our ecclesial best!!

Of all the things he does, this one bothers me the least. 

What bothers me, however, is the world who gasps over the Catholic scandals but says little to nothing about the rest of our society and the way we treat our children in schools, social venues and HOMES!!...that is what bothers me.

And so you should be bothered.  We should *all* be bothered by it.  Unfortunately, the Catholic Church, being as large as it is, becomes an easy target for those whose hearts are hard, and for those who deny, deflect, and project their own shortcomings and fallen-ness (is that a real word  Huh?) away from themselves.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
Jharek Carnelian

Faith: Less than perfect Catholic. Married to member of ROC

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 04:54:13 PM »

As elijahmaria says he is just holding his fellow Christians to a high standard. Well done that man!

And then my heart hath told me:
These will pass,
Will pass and change, will die and be no more,
Things bright and green, things young and happy;
And I have gone upon my way
Sorrowful.

'The Wayfarer' Pádraig Anraí Mac Piarais
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 05:20:34 PM »

Answer to you Question ...

Before any unity is to  be achieved ,skeletons must be brought out into the light of day and dealth with...plus it's in the news papers..Doesn't the Ecumenial Patriarch or any of the Patriarchs for that Matter .Read the News ,and see's that the Church he's calling a sister Church and the Other Patriarchs want some type of cooperation with rome see, that it is plagued with Bishops that are harbouring and have harboured this Evil for decades and more around the world....So unification talks of any type should be put on hold ..And any joint celebrations .... police So when i hear about cooperation between our churches ,it makes me want to vomit leave canonical Orthodoxy, and go to the non canonical side .... police
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:38:02 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 05:23:25 PM »

Before any unity is to  be achieved ,skeletons must be brought out into the light of day and dealth with...plus it's in the news papers..Doesn't the Ecumenial Patriarch or any of the Patriarchs for that Matter .Read the News ,and see's that the Church he's calling a sister Church and the Other Patriarchs want some type of cooperation with rome see, that it is plagued with Bishops that are harbouring and have harboured this Evil for decades and more around the world....So unification talks of any type should be put on hold ..And any joint celebrations .... police

Smiley  Apparently and thankfully not all Orthodox think the way you do:

http://orbiscatholicussecundus.blogspot.com/2011/05/pope-receives-tiara-from-catholics-and.html

Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 05:23:55 PM »

Before any unity is to  be achieved ,skeletons must be brought out into the light of day and dealth with
Yes...because we all know how dedicated you are to Catholic-Orthodox unity.  Roll Eyes
Jharek Carnelian

Faith: Less than perfect Catholic. Married to member of ROC

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 05:35:11 PM »

Before any unity is to  be achieved ,skeletons must be brought out into the light of day and dealth with...plus it's in the news papers..Doesn't the Ecumenial Patriarch or any of the Patriarchs for that Matter .Read the News ,and see's that the Church he's calling a sister Church and the Other Patriarchs want some type of cooperation with rome see, that it is plagued with Bishops that are harbouring and have harboured this Evil for decades and more around the world....So unification talks of any type should be put on hold ..And any joint celebrations .... police So when i hear about cooperation between our churches ,it makes me want to leave canonical Orthodoxy and go to the non canonical side .... police

The current world shortage of full stops continues unabated I see.

And then my heart hath told me:
These will pass,
Will pass and change, will die and be no more,
Things bright and green, things young and happy;
And I have gone upon my way
Sorrowful.

'The Wayfarer' Pádraig Anraí Mac Piarais
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 05:41:36 PM »

Before any unity is to  be achieved ,skeletons must be brought out into the light of day and dealth with...plus it's in the news papers..Doesn't the Ecumenial Patriarch or any of the Patriarchs for that Matter .Read the News ,and see's that the Church he's calling a sister Church and the Other Patriarchs want some type of cooperation with rome see, that it is plagued with Bishops that are harbouring and have harboured this Evil for decades and more around the world....So unification talks of any type should be put on hold ..And any joint celebrations .... police So when i hear about cooperation between our churches ,it makes me want to leave canonical Orthodoxy and go to the non canonical side .... police

The current world shortage of full stops continues unabated I see.

Ellipses are the short hand of the declaratively challenged!!...I can say that because I use them all the time <G>

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: