Author Topic: Coptic Church tower to replace sauna site in Australia  (Read 462 times)

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Coptic Church tower to replace sauna site in Australia
« on: May 24, 2011, 06:52:40 PM »
A Coptic Orthodox Church and theological college will be built on the site of a former sauna in Melbourne, Australia.

From the article:
The new centre would provide a place of worship for its 18,000 followers and offer financial and spiritual support to the church's mission in Fiji.

The planning application includes a 360-seat worship area, bookshop and soup kitchen. The building will also have 280 apartments.

:angel:
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am

Offline akimori makoto

• Archon
  • No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...
Re: Coptic Church tower to replace sauna site in Australia
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 08:14:42 PM »
"Melbourne University academic Dr Graham Willett, author of Secret Histories of Queer Melbourne, hopes the church will commemorate the site's history with a pink plaque."

These people can't help themselves, can they?
The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.

Online ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Hypatos
Re: Coptic Church tower to replace sauna site in Australia
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 08:34:13 PM »
Bi-'Khristos af-don-f!
"Melbourne University academic Dr Graham Willett, author of Secret Histories of Queer Melbourne, hopes the church will commemorate the site's history with a pink plaque."

These people can't help themselves, can they?
I think it would be a good idea:catechumens can stand on it when they renounce the devil and all his works prior to baptism.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth