Author Topic: Purgatory vs Toll Houses  (Read 19450 times)

Offline gueranger

• Elder
  • Lord Jesus, have mercy on me. BVM, pray for me.
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
Re: Purgatory vs Toll Houses
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2014, 10:12:29 PM »
In traditional Roman Catholic theology, if a fifty year old man is baptized, he is not automatically a saint. The healing processes, theosis, must continue. But in Roman Catholic theology, if he dies at that instant he goes straight to heaven, because all temporal punishment due to sin has been removed by baptism. Even Chairman Mao if baptized on his deathbed would go straight to heaven.

The same could be applied to the RC belief in "Divine Mercy Sunday."

Go to confession and communion on Divine Mercy Sunday, and die right away -> straight to heaven. Even if you struggle with serious sin still.

Consider the conditions for meriting a plenary indulgence. "have the interior disposition of complete detachment from sin, even venial sin..."

I'm sorry, but anyone meeting that condition has already attained to theosis and should not be in need of an indulgence, unless it is for a temporal punishment they need to atone for which is separate from sanctification.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 10:14:31 PM by gueranger »

Offline JoeS2

• OC.net guru
  • St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)
Re: Purgatory vs Toll Houses
« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2014, 09:18:42 PM »
I guess we will all find out one way or another, but suppose we are all fooled by what happens after death?......  Has anyone come back, besides Christ, to tell us about it.