OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 11:55:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USA - Rationing of electrolytes for critically ill possible within days  (Read 266 times) Average Rating: 0
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Taxiarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« on: May 20, 2011, 12:04:18 AM »

Please pray.

Can compounding pharmacists make the electrolyte solutions needed by critically ill adults and newborns?

This can become a critical situation for many senior citizens and children sick with flu who become dehydrated.

Michael O'Neal is a pharmacist. He purchases drugs for Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He often deals with drug shortages, but this one is bad. O'Neal is concerned about the availability of electrolytes. They are critical to a babies in neonatal intensive care and seriously ill adults.

For this news story please click the link below:

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27946067/detail.html

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:06:32 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 12:12:12 AM »

This is really bad for babies in neonatal intensive care. I know of a woman in my city with quadruplets who are all on life support and they really need these drugs to stay alive.

Lord have mercy!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Taxiarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 12:18:09 AM »

This is really bad for babies in neonatal intensive care. I know of a woman in my city with quadruplets who are all on life support and they really need these drugs to stay alive.

Lord have mercy!

The article asks that patients/families involved ask if there is a shortage of electrolytes in the hospital.

I am going to ask my compounding pharmacist if they can make up some of these Ringer's Lactate solutions or if they also have a shortage.

If the pharmaceutical companies cannot keep up their stock, and this sounds criminal, then compounding pharmacists may be our last hope.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:25:32 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: