Author Topic: Site of Christ's Baptism reopened after landmines cleared from area  (Read 443 times)

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
The Jordan River site where Christ was baptized is now open again to pilgrims, after landmines were cleared from the area by the Israeli army. The mines had been there for some 40 years.

From the article:
"It is a very sensitive place politically and religiously and is of importance to both Christians and Jews," said Lt. Col. Ofer Mey-tal, of the department of Civil Administration, who oversees the project. Jewish tradition holds this also is where the ancient Israelites crossed into the Promised Land following their flight from Egypt.

:angel:
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am

Offline Iconodule

• Uranopolitan
  • Taxiarches
  • "My god is greater."
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
Clad in white robes, a group of Romanian Orthodox pilgrims prepared to celebrate a group renewal of baptism in the river

Quoi?

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
    • Facebook
Clad in white robes, a group of Romanian Orthodox pilgrims prepared to celebrate a group renewal of baptism in the river

Quoi?

LOL
I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com