OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 23, 2014, 12:46:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catholicos Aram Requests Permission for Kuwaiti Churches to Own Land  (Read 527 times) Average Rating: 0
kijabeboy03
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

"The glory of God is in man fully alive."

« on: May 19, 2011, 06:10:24 PM »

http://www.armenianorthodoxchurch.org/v04/doc/English/visitseng.htm#5
"On Tuesday 17 May 2011, His Holiness Aram I met Emir Sabah Jabr Al-Sabah...Catholicos Aram I first conveyed the greetings of the President of Lebanon...He then transmitted to the Emir the message of Christian religious leaders in Kuwait, regarding the ownership of land to build churches. In connection to this request, he also spoke of the needs  of the Armenian community and asked for their support."

"This is the Apostolic Faith, the Orthodox Faith, and the Faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it, and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church." ~ St. Severus of Antioch ~
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 06:18:30 PM »

I hope it can be done.  Smiley
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 08:05:42 PM »

http://www.armenianorthodoxchurch.org/v04/doc/English/visitseng.htm#5
"On Tuesday 17 May 2011, His Holiness Aram I met Emir Sabah Jabr Al-Sabah...Catholicos Aram I first conveyed the greetings of the President of Lebanon...He then transmitted to the Emir the message of Christian religious leaders in Kuwait, regarding the ownership of land to build churches. In connection to this request, he also spoke of the needs  of the Armenian community and asked for their support."

The Churches there are they still forbidden to display crosses, on the outside ,be it on the domes, or walls...What kind of religious freedom is that, with those type of restrictions .... Huh Huh

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
kijabeboy03
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

"The glory of God is in man fully alive."

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 10:27:57 AM »

Is Kuwait considered part of Arabia? I know that Saudi Arabia itself bans any church because it has Mecca and Medina, but that doesn't seem to stop Oman, the UAE, et cetera, from allowing the construction of churches...

"This is the Apostolic Faith, the Orthodox Faith, and the Faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it, and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church." ~ St. Severus of Antioch ~
Tags: Kuwait  Armenian Orthodox Church  Catholicos Aram I 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: