OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 03:34:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turkish EU Minister visits an Assyrian Orthodox Church  (Read 602 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Site Supporter
Toumarches

« on: May 16, 2011, 08:16:22 PM »

Egemin Bagis, Turkish state minister for the European Union, today visited the Virgin Mary Assyrian Orthodox Church in Beyoglu.

From the article:
Metropolitan Bishop of the Assyrian Orthodox Church Yusuf Cetin said that representatives of all political parties visited the church ahead of the general elections.

Not posting
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 09:40:20 PM »

"Hey, sorry we almost killed you guys off completely! But heyyyyy, can you vote for me?"

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 09:49:53 PM »

Are we talking about the Aramaean/Syriac Orthodox here?

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 09:58:03 PM »

"Hey, sorry we almost killed you guys off completely! But heyyyyy, can you vote for me?"

Surprised they even give them a vote, frankly.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
SubdeaconDavid
"...the spread of the light of Orthodoxy among the peoples of all the lands where our Church exists continues as an inseparable part of our mission": Metropolitan Hilarion, First Hierarch of ROCOR
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church Abroad (ROCOR)

Помилуй мя Боже, по велицей милости Твоей

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 11:01:10 PM »

Surprised they even give them a vote, frankly.
Sorry - we are busy bulldozing closed Christian churches to eradicate the Armenian and Orthodox Christian heritage of Turkey, but you can see from this tokenism that Turkey has 'changed' ( NOT AT ALL)

Visit my blog@  http://orthodoxtasmania.blogspot.com

To the Russians abroad it has been granted to shine in the whole world  the light of Orthodoxy, so that other peoples, seeing their good deeds, might glorify our Father in Heaven, and thus obtain salvation
S John of Shanghai & San Francisco
ag_vn
Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 02:32:40 AM »

Are we talking about the Aramaean/Syriac Orthodox here?

Yes, Mar Filiksinos Yusuf Cetin is the Syriac Orthodox Metropolitan of Istanbul.
kijabeboy03
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

"The glory of God is in man fully alive."

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 02:22:39 PM »

Yeah, it's Suryoyo, not Assyrian/Chaldean.

"This is the Apostolic Faith, the Orthodox Faith, and the Faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it, and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church." ~ St. Severus of Antioch ~
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: