OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 23, 2014, 02:50:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Don't Even Know What To Say...  (Read 968 times) Average Rating: 0
Asteriktos
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

Russians. Even when holding a cat they're dour.

« on: May 18, 2011, 08:03:30 PM »

Police: 7-year-old boy distributes heroin at Carrick elementary school

7-year-old kindergarten student brought stamp bags of heroin to the Roosevelt PreK-5 school in Carrick and gave some of them to classmates, calling it "the magic ticket," authorities said late today.

Pittsburgh Public Schools spokeswoman Ebony Pugh said parents began calling the school this afternoon saying they found heroin in their children's belongings. City police were searching the school with drug-sniffing dogs.

Police said the principal found 18 bags of heroin today when he searched the kindergartner's locker and book bag. The Knoxville boy also had razors in his bag and teachers searched his bag and locker because he cut himself, Pugh said...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 08:09:08 PM by Asteriktos » Logged
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 08:08:20 PM »

7 years old?  My...they are growing up fast, these days.

I'd take a good look at his parents.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Taxiarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 08:38:59 PM »

Lord have mercy.

I am glad that I homeschooled my child.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 08:41:21 PM »

Wow on the same level as that Botox story.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 09:21:26 PM »

Why is a 7 year old in kindergarten, why do kindergarteners have lockers, and who on earth gave him this?

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Kasatkin fan
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Archdiocese of Canada

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 10:30:33 PM »

Why is a 7 year old in kindergarten, why do kindergarteners have lockers, and who on earth gave him this?
My questions exactly.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 05:22:05 PM »

Children and drugs don't mix.  Could you imagine a kindergartener on crack?  They'd literally bounce off the walls!

Oh well, parents stick their kids full of Ritalin all the time.  Maybe the kid's parents figured that Heroin would do the same thing, and they didn't have insurance!

One day we will talk about why people fetishize children, but for now I'll keep on the side of humanity that doesn't think the height of life is a drinking a juice box and eating a tater tot while defecating in their pants.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 05:48:43 PM »

Didn't read where this school is, but you all must not have bought much heroin or crack before in a larger city, but you are pretty much going to be served by a kid from the age of 7-12.

They work cheaply. They get nothing in terms of punishment if caught. They enjoy it.

Around me, if you see a young black kid riding around a corner on a bike, he is who is going to solicit and serve you. Whatever the package is being called is called out, you nod or what have you, you pass off your $20 or $40 to an older kid (14-15), and the younger kid serves you.

Depending on how "serious" the main trafficker is, the kids are probably vialing or bagging out the package as well, especially when the profit margin is low (the drugs have been stepped all over).

Many kids in cities where addicts don't come back to beat down someone for burning them pass off all sortsa stuff to gullible folks looking to score.

And the suicide rate among the urban male population under the age of 10 is booming. Know of an eight year old kid who took a chef knife to his stomach. At the ER, he said to the social worker, it was because nobody loved him.

Not surprised it was heroin. Very cheap nowadays. Crack, not so much.

Well you buy both on the street by price, not by weight. You just get more bang for your $20 or $40 for heroin right now.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 05:49:36 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Gradually fading away on a strict punishment schedule.
Asteriktos
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

Russians. Even when holding a cat they're dour.

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 06:24:40 PM »

Didn't read where this school is, but you all must not have bought much heroin or crack before in a larger city, but you are pretty much going to be served by a kid from the age of 7-12.

Cheesy Grin  No, I have not had the opportunity to buy any drugs in the city. I guess I'm just the naive country bumpkin, lol.

EDIT--fixed the typo that I didn't know about until the post by Schultz  angel
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 06:41:02 PM by Asteriktos » Logged
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 06:37:46 PM »

Cheesy Grin  No, I have not had the opportunity to buy any drugs in the city. I guess I'm just the naive county bumpkin, lol.

Yeah, they only have meth sold by juggalos out where Asteriktos lives!   laugh

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 07:24:08 PM »

Lord have mercy!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 08:09:28 PM »

You seem to know an awful lot about narcotic sales, Orthonorm...*makes phone call to DEA*

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
akimori makoto
正義の剣
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 08:16:04 PM »

You seem to know an awful lot about narcotic sales, Orthonorm...*makes phone call to DEA*

I agree ... *makes a phone call to orthonorm*

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 08:43:50 PM »

Around me, if you see a young black kid riding around a corner on a bike, he is who is going to solicit and serve you.

The NAACP would have a field day with this statement.  Oh well, the truth hurts.  Lord, have mercy on all our little children.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

"Yes, you are a white supremacist, ..."  ~Iconodule
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Taxiarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 09:01:24 PM »

Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on our children and save them.

What is happening with the parents today?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 10:12:49 PM »

Roflcopter.

One day we will talk about why people fetishize children, but for now I'll keep on the side of humanity that doesn't think the height of life is a drinking a juice box and eating a tater tot while defecating in their pants.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 01:35:48 AM »

Whenever you are in my city, I will show you the potential and actual beauty of those very streets. Although we rank as one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in America, often hitting number one, you're pretty safe if you know what you are about. It is a weird mix. I love my neighborhood. I live in a "nicer" area.

One of the best and least romantic depictions of real on the ground law enforcement against the drug trade and the trade itself in smaller cities where crime ain't really "organized" is the series The Wire. Possibly one of the best TV series of all time. Seasons three and five are weak, but season four will definitely disabuse anyone of their pipe dreams (pardon the pun) conservative or liberal of how to handle the education and drug crisis in the inner city.

Tons of lulz of drug stories and the ridiculous "war" against them. I snicker when "head" shops get closed down around the university, but every Asian convenient store sells ready to use crack pipes for the discerning addict without problem throughout the neighborhood.

In most cities, if the drugs and the people doing and selling ain't causing much of a stir it is pretty much allowed to go on, with the occasional impotent crack down once in a while to make some PR point.

When there is a football game downtown there are more police per person than in my neighborhood on any given day. And I don't even need to follow the sports schedule to know when something important is happening for white people downtown (safest area of the county) cause the neighborhood goes mad and the dope boys and prostitutes are absolutely brazen.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:36:17 AM by orthonorm » Logged

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 01:45:18 AM »

Cheesy Grin  No, I have not had the opportunity to buy any drugs in the city. I guess I'm just the naive county bumpkin, lol.

Yeah, they only have meth sold by juggalos out where Asteriktos lives!   laugh

Once had a house in the white trash (I mean displaced Appalachian part) of the city. Great home. Catty corner to a meth lab. Could buy any house on the street for a steal. One summer the lab blew up and it was a seller's market.

Once at a meal, my Priest's wife was recounting a film she had just seen about the Ozarks. She kept saying they were making mescaline. I eventually asked about what it looked like, the set up. I went on about how it was methamphetamine and started talking about its chemistry and various methods of manufacture and its tracing moonshine in terms of strategic manufacture in small labs throughout mountainous regions etc.

After about ten minutes, Presbystera asked what year of chemistry did we learn about such things.

Unlike the The Wire, while I like Breaking Bad, it is possibly science fiction.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 01:52:24 AM »

Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on our children and save them.

What is happening with the parents today?

They are thirteen and unmarried. Just talked to a woman who is 60 and had a great, great, grandchild.

And the life expectancy of a black male in urban America is low, so there is little social pressure to remain monogamous and every reason from a biological POV to have as many kids with as many women as possible.

I've literally heard this conversation among four black girls maybe one might have been as old as 14, three of which were pushing strollers:

One girl pushing a stroller to the girl not: Your boy don't love you. You ain't got his kid.

Similar behavior in "displaced Appalachian" urban communities.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: