OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 30, 2014, 08:03:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to make of my Orthodox baptism?  (Read 3102 times) Average Rating: 0
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2011, 05:49:30 PM »

I just went to confession and the priest said that, as far as he knew that should suffice. 
IMHO, just go with what your priest has said.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2011, 06:03:55 PM »

Maybe they take conversion to Baptist, evangelicals sects as a more serious offense then Orthodoxy?

Certainly.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Inquisitor
Warned

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2011, 06:13:57 PM »

I just went to confession and the priest said that, as far as he knew that should suffice. 
IMHO, just go with what your priest has said.

I agree.
Inquisitor
Warned

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2011, 06:15:58 PM »

When I came back from the Baptist though, the priest made me read a profession of faith in front of the altar and then gave me a letter of good standing.  Maybe they take conversion to Baptist, evangelicals sects as a more serious offense then Orthodoxy?

Ok do what your priest tell you. Catholicism is about obedience.
Robb
OC.net guru

Faith: RC
Jurisdiction: Italian Catholic

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2011, 06:17:14 PM »

The problem with this issue is that, unlike Orthodoxy most modern RC's don't have spiritual fathers.  You just go to confession and take whatever priest is in the box.  The parish I was in at the time had two or three priest assigned there.  The firs time I spoke personally to the Msgr. who helped me out.  The second I confessed to a Nigerian priest who was an assistant at the time.  I thought about maybe going back to the Msgr. for some clarification, but I figured that the priest I confessed to should have been competent enough to give me the right advice so I just dropped the issue and considered myself back in the RCC.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 06:18:10 PM by Robb » Logged

Men may dislike truth, men may find truth offensive and inconvenient, men may persecute the truth, subvert it, try by law to suppress it. But to maintain that men have the final power over truth is blasphemy, and the last delusion. Truth lives forever, men do not.
-- Gustave Flaubert
Inquisitor
Warned

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2011, 06:26:31 PM »

The problem with this issue is that, unlike Orthodoxy most modern RC's don't have spiritual fathers.  You just go to confession and take whatever priest is in the box.  The parish I was in at the time had two or three priest assigned there.  The firs time I spoke personally to the Msgr. who helped me out.  The second I confessed to a Nigerian priest who was an assistant at the time.  I thought about maybe going back to the Msgr. for some clarification, but I figured that the priest I confessed to should have been competent enough to give me the right advice so I just dropped the issue and considered myself back in the RCC.

You are catholic, no doubt about. We catholics are too many for the few priest we have, thats a big problem, I don't know if in Rumania, Greace, Russia, they dont have problems on vocations and they have the same disposition of priest for al the eastern christians as in USA.
Robb
OC.net guru

Faith: RC
Jurisdiction: Italian Catholic

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2011, 06:35:22 PM »

You are catholic, no doubt about. We catholics are too many for the few priest we have, thats a big problem, I don't know if in Rumania, Greace, Russia, they dont have problems on vocations and they have the same disposition of priest for al the eastern christians as in USA.

Somewhere I remember reading that, despite a married clergy the OC's are down on vocations too.

I defiantly consider myself RC all the way.

Men may dislike truth, men may find truth offensive and inconvenient, men may persecute the truth, subvert it, try by law to suppress it. But to maintain that men have the final power over truth is blasphemy, and the last delusion. Truth lives forever, men do not.
-- Gustave Flaubert
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2011, 07:20:58 PM »

Somewhere I remember reading that, despite a married clergy the OC's are down on vocations too.

I defiantly consider myself RC all the way.

The Greeks...in Greece.  That was reported with the past week I think.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: