OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 05:28:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what is this Russian song about?  (Read 1042 times) Average Rating: 0
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Ruthenian Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Pheonix

« on: May 12, 2011, 10:00:41 PM »

what is this about exactly??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIsftgw9hQ&feature=related

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Jharek Carnelian

Faith: Less than perfect Catholic. Married to member of ROC

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 01:02:20 PM »

Despite the nuns and Orthodox clergy and other symbols of Orthodoxy it has nothing to do with religion. It's a pop song on the rather typical theme of a girl thinking about her past love. My wife kindly provide this info, after asking me to please turn this singer's voice down as she can't stand her.

And then my heart hath told me:
These will pass,
Will pass and change, will die and be no more,
Things bright and green, things young and happy;
And I have gone upon my way
Sorrowful.

'The Wayfarer' Pádraig Anraí Mac Piarais
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 01:13:55 PM »

Lousy Voice....Isn't She trying to Copy A western Singer, also with the nun's outfit..... Huh

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 01:14:28 PM »

I actually find it a bit offensive.

This beautiful young woman, is stood up....her man doesn't want her...so she waits...and pines over him...and then at the end in a huff she leaves the night club and with the words that he will never find another as good as her ....she storms off...and becomes a nun.

She's becoming a nun because this one man didn't want her?  Really?  What about Faith?  What about dedication to God?  That's not here.

...and the nuns...oh my gosh!  It's like she's going to prison or something.  The Mother Superior is like a strict and unfeeling guard at the prison...

The other nuns weep when she is getting her hair cut....as if she is losing something.

It seems she is being sent to the gulag, not to a monastery.   ...and if she is feeling that way, she shouldn't be a nun, in the first place.

Oy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Nadege

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 08:21:13 PM »

It's the pop singer Tatiana Bulanova, and it's just a pop song.  I remember her from almost 20 years ago when I still lived in Russia...
Orest
High Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 03:47:32 PM »

The other nuns weep when she is getting her hair cut....as if she is losing something.

It is supposed to be a joyous ceremony.  As for the hair cutting, I think it is just a piece same as baptism etc. 
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 10:20:30 PM »

Lousy Voice....Isn't She trying to Copy A western Singer, also with the nun's outfit..... Huh
Hopefully not Madonna.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: