OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 09:33:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Met. Jonah to be put on leave  (Read 24008 times) Average Rating: 0
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #315 on: May 16, 2011, 09:59:04 AM »

I was in the OCA for 10 years. It was a nightmare.

The parish warden made the comment that if his daughters could not find a real man to marry that he would support them living in a gay relationship. If his statement sounds ambiguous, well that was part of the problem.

An observation...we can not judge an entire ecclesiastical body or a parish on the basis of what a 'parish warden' (sounds Protestant to my ears...lol) kitchen lady or church trustee says.

I recall a parishioner in our parish who was very outwardly observant and part of the 'founders', yet known for having wrong and outspoken views about social issues. When one of the parish's young families suffered through a most difficult and scandalous divorce and one of the former spouses remarried in an OCA parish in a different diocese with a dispensation from that diocesan Bishop, the same person and his family tried to make it very, very difficult for the newly wed couple and their large family of young children to feel welcome when they relocated back home.  Now, you could choose to wring your hands and judge the parish, or you could look at the whole picture of what the praxis and life of the parish was and see the vast majority of the faithful properly expressing the Church's teachings and extending a joyful, welcoming embrace to the returnees.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #316 on: May 16, 2011, 10:08:40 AM »

I've been in the GOA for 36 years and I thought my former Archbishop was a high school football star in Ohio.  Your results in your Jurisdiction may vary.   Wink

The parish warden made the comment that if his daughters could not find a real man to marry that he would support them living in a gay relationship. If his statement sounds ambiguous, well that was part of the problem.

Do you understand sarcasm when it is spoken?  Do you think sarcasm reflects the dominant view of a particular Jurisdiction?   Huh
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #317 on: May 16, 2011, 10:10:17 AM »

I've been in the GOA for 36 years and I thought my former Archbishop was a high school football star in Ohio.  Your results in your Jurisdiction may vary.   Wink

Do you understand sarcasm when it is spoken?  Do you think sarcasm reflects the dominant view of a particular Jurisdiction?   Huh

lol! 
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: