OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 02:30:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding  (Read 619 times) Average Rating: 0
JimCBrooklyn
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate-Diocese of Saint Petersburg/ROCOR-Diocese of Eastern America and New York

Если бога нет, то все позволено

« on: May 12, 2011, 05:29:41 PM »

My wife and I, who have been legally married 4 years, and were wed at that time in the RC church, are having an Orthodox ceremony a week from Sunday, now that I have been formally received into the church.  Its a funny feeling, and I don't know exactly how to react to it. Our wedding was quite a big ordeal, and as we already have children, and a firm life together, it's hard to think of us being anything but married, but this is juts another step, and a firming of our spiritual bond, which has really only been born in a significant way since we became of one faith. Has anyone else been through this, a church remarriage, whilst still married?
Please pray for us; it will, God willing, be a joyous day!

It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery. God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.
-Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 06:01:30 PM »

Cheesy  Lord, have mercy!

I am certain it will be a joyous event!  ...and your kids get to participate!   Wink

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 06:36:23 PM »

We just had our marriage blessed as a low key event before Vespers. You could always think of it as a renewal of your vows, just this time within Christ's Church.

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 09:02:12 PM »

Mazel tov.  angel

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
quietmorning
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 09:05:08 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Smiley

Happy happy!

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 09:30:52 PM »

May the Lord crown you with glory.

Congratulations!

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 10:27:57 PM »

Felicitaciones! (I haven't done that, but my husband and I may be heading for the altar as well later this year. I feel like it will be more meaningful, as our non-denominational wedding ceremony was sadly lacking of the tradition I wanted.)

Cheesy Cheesy Do you have any children? I think you do, if I remember correctly. I think they'll get a big kick out of seeing mom and dad get married in the Orthodox church!

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 11:38:24 PM »

Our wedding was quite a big ordeal, and as we already have children, and a firm life together, it's hard to think of us being anything but married,

In some sense, you were already married. Marriage is one of those things that the Orthodox Church did not invent, but rather transformed. The difference is that this is your marriage's reception of the sanctification of the Church.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 12:07:54 AM »

Many Years!
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 02:32:29 AM »

Many years!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
JimCBrooklyn
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate-Diocese of Saint Petersburg/ROCOR-Diocese of Eastern America and New York

Если бога нет, то все позволено

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 02:45:44 AM »

Our wedding was quite a big ordeal, and as we already have children, and a firm life together, it's hard to think of us being anything but married,

In some sense, you were already married. Marriage is one of those things that the Orthodox Church did not invent, but rather transformed. The difference is that this is your marriage's reception of the sanctification of the Church.

This is the distinction I was wondering about. Thanks for the clarification, and thank all for the prayers!

It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery. God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.
-Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: