OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 27, 2014, 07:19:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 30th Anniversary of Birhane Silase Marley's Death  (Read 461 times) Average Rating: 0
kijabeboy03
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

"The glory of God is in man fully alive."

« on: May 11, 2011, 08:24:22 PM »

http://albionfourthrome.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-memoriam-bob-marley.html

"This is the Apostolic Faith, the Orthodox Faith, and the Faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it, and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church." ~ St. Severus of Antioch ~
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 08:32:47 PM »

Rest in peace.  angel

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

I am very glad this was posted.  Bro Bob Marley needs to the respect he deserves amongst the more conservative Christian communities, both Orthodox and otherwise.  People get way to caught up on their own biases, stereotypes, and prejudices regards things like Black nationalism, colonialism, cannabis use, Rastafari, etc etc..

Bob Marley did so much for the world, and all across its surface people have rallied with his music and songs for the greater good, moving for freedom, moving for equality, moving for love.  Bob Marley wrote a song called "Zimbabwe"http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/61717/ and within four years sang those very words at the Zimbabwe Independence Day rally in front of hundreds of thousands of people! Could you imagine that? A song you sang became a living reality and a new anthem for people across the world? Bob Marley came from colonialism, came from oppression, so he knew intuitively how to give voice to those who need freedom, from oppression be it physical, or even more important, spiritually.

Orthodox Christianity is about spiritual liberation, and that is why inevitably in Bob Marley's own search he had to become Birhan Selassie.  Further, as Bob Marley served as an example for so many masses of people to find freedom, inspired so many folks to become Rastafari, he also led so many of us within Rastafari to come to Orthodox.  There have been over 40,000 documented Rastafari baptisms into the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church, and probably countless others, I am one of those, who started all this curious and dancing to Bob Marley records.  Who would've thought that chanting the tune Rastaman Chant would one day culminate with me chanting Ge'ez Ethiopian Orthodox Liturgies? God is good to us all.. God Bless you Bob Marley, and God have Mercy on his soul!

everybody loves bob marley all over the world its the same old story and if they ever find some men on the moon I'm sure they would know a Bob Marley tune
stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:54:36 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 04:27:34 AM »

Prayers ......

Lord Have Mercy....Amen Amen

May Our Blessed Lord and Saviour, Forgive and Grant,
Birhane Silase Marley,Blessed Rest Amongst His Saints....Amen Amen

+ May His Memory Ever Be Eternal...Amen Amen

For there Is No Man That Liveth ,And Sinneth Not, Other Than Our
Blessed Saviour Jesus Christ Our Lord and God....... Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 06:25:57 PM »

Thread locked pending review

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags: Jamaica  Bob Marley  Birhane Silase Marley 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: