OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 31, 2014, 06:23:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Beloved Apostle and Lady Gaga's "Judas"  (Read 6833 times) Average Rating: 0
gregory77

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

« on: May 09, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »

The video compares the Beloved Apostle, St. John the Theologian with Lady Gaga's new song Judas.  Explores the fundamental basics of the spiritual arena, which Lady Gaga faces in light of the Orthodox Christian teachings taught by the St. John the Theologian.  The homily on St. John the Theologian by St Gregory Palamas was used as a reference about the spiritual warfare experienced by all people.

The video's link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pocNhiNiUkE
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »

Let's just ignore her, okay?

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Michał
['mi:hɑʊ]
High Elder

Faith: Catholic (again!)
Jurisdiction: the Latin Church

"Mother of God, Virgin, by God glorified Mary..."

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 05:31:48 PM »

Ditto.
Global Nom ad

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 04:09:01 AM »

Ditto.

Since, GaGa desires attention via desecration of Christianity, I agree that we do not feed into her desire; ignore her. Better yet, we should pray for her.

Lord, have mercy.
Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 04:56:19 AM »

It seems that the demon who once seized Judas has recently seized Gaga.

This lady is but fake Madonna. Enough with this!  Angry

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
gregory77

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 09:16:54 AM »

It isn't good to ignore misguided brothers and sisters.   In fact, the Lord exhorts to be lights unto the world and to be salt of the world.  If we loose are flavor and become apathetic to the spiritual battle to help bring our brothers and sisters closer to Christ Jesus, then according to Christ we become "good for nothing and will be thrown out.

It may seen futile to some to address Lady Gaga.  However, if we remember the Lord's instruction:

"Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? 

And when she has found it, she calls her friends and neighbors together, say, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found the piece which I lost!'

Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."  Luke 15:8-10

So, if you want to help bring the sheep back in the fold you have to expend so effort to have a dialogue with the world and help point them in the right direction.   You just never know who it might just benefit and bring closer to God.  As we are commanded to do by Jesus Christ.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 12:49:13 PM »

If you are personal friends with her, by all means demonstrate the gospel to her.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
D94V

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA Australia

St John the Chrysostom

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 11:52:49 PM »

Ditto.

I third that Cheesy

PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Theologoumenon

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 12:12:17 AM »

Let's ignore her, and the demonic music industry!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:13:40 AM by PoorFoolNicholas » Logged
TristanCross
Chief Of Sinners
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen

Romans 10:9-10

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 12:30:48 AM »

I sincerely doubt she went out looking for costumes that resembled the cliche view of Satan...

"Let the mouth also fast from disgraceful speeches and railings. For what does it profit if we abstain from fish and fowl and yet bite and devour our brothers and sisters? The evil speaker eats the flesh of his brother and bites the body of his neighbor. "
— St. John Chrysostom
gregory77

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 10:22:57 AM »

Wow.  Posting demonic icons this website.  I will pray for you.   How much time did you spend looking for the right demonic icon to fit your parody?  May be you could have watched the video and understood the message was really about examining St. John the Theologian life per St. Gregory Palamas to help draw misguiding people closer to Christ Jesus.  Like St. John and other Saints, they had a dialogue with popular culture to help try and draw people closer to Christ Jesus.   May be, next time you will be more thoughtful. 
bogdan
OC.net guru

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 10:49:27 AM »

I sincerely doubt she went out looking for costumes that resembled the cliche view of Satan...

I think you underestimate the amount of effort that goes into even the most mundane decisions that celebrities like Ms Germanotta make. Especially in the context of concerts and official events.
bogdan
OC.net guru

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 10:52:23 AM »

Wow.  Posting demonic icons this website.  I will pray for you.   How much time did you spend looking for the right demonic icon to fit your parody?  May be you could have watched the video and understood the message was really about examining St. John the Theologian life per St. Gregory Palamas to help draw misguiding people closer to Christ Jesus.  Like St. John and other Saints, they had a dialogue with popular culture to help try and draw people closer to Christ Jesus.   May be, next time you will be more thoughtful. 

If she is such a strong Orthodox Christian, I'm waiting for her to show it. Thus far I've seen a whorish entertainer who is trying to top Madonna in blasphemy.

Of course, whenever one criticizes Ms Germanotta, all one gets in response is "You just don't understand!" When I see music videos that contain sexualized parodies of Christ and His Saints, I'm pretty sure I understand.
TristanCross
Chief Of Sinners
Elder

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 11:07:23 AM »

I think you underestimate the amount of effort that goes into even the most mundane decisions that celebrities like Ms Germanotta make. Especially in the context of concerts and official events.

Paranoid, are we?

"Let the mouth also fast from disgraceful speeches and railings. For what does it profit if we abstain from fish and fowl and yet bite and devour our brothers and sisters? The evil speaker eats the flesh of his brother and bites the body of his neighbor. "
— St. John Chrysostom
TristanCross
Chief Of Sinners
Elder

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 11:08:58 AM »

Not at all. It's a secular song with religious undertones by a secular celebrity.

— St. John Chrysostom
gregory77

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 12:16:38 PM »

If she is such a strong Orthodox Christian, I'm waiting for her to show it. Thus far I've seen a whorish entertainer who is trying to top Madonna in blasphemy.

Of course, whenever one criticizes Ms Germanotta, all one gets in response is "You just don't understand!" When I see music videos that contain sexualized parodies of Christ and His Saints, I'm pretty sure I understand.

Dude, I don't know where you are coming from?  The topic of this post is about sharing the good news and helping bring young people, especially, closer to Christ Jesus.  It in no way is about glorifying the music industry.  It has more to do with helping people understand watchfulness and handling logismoi in a Christ-centric way.    Do you have anything to help inspire misguided young people to be watchful?  Besides slandering Christ's lost sheep.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 01:21:02 PM »

Wow.  Posting demonic icons this website.
Why is this a problem? Did he break any rules?
bogdan
OC.net guru

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 01:45:45 PM »

Paranoid, are we?

No, just aware of how celebrity marketing works. It doesn't frighten me, nor is it a conspiracy. It's simply reality. These things are planned out six ways to Sunday.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:46:43 PM by bogdan » Logged
gregory77

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 01:47:50 PM »

Wow.  Posting demonic icons this website.

Is that really appropriate for the actual topic of the post?  Don't think so.  Illustrations of Satan have nothing to do with the post's topic but to distract from the many topic of looking at a way to have a dialogue with popular culture, in hopes of trying to witness about the Faith.
bogdan
OC.net guru

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 01:48:40 PM »

Dude, I don't know where you are coming from?  The topic of this post is about sharing the good news and helping bring young people, especially, closer to Christ Jesus.  It in no way is about glorifying the music industry.  It has more to do with helping people understand watchfulness and handling logismoi in a Christ-centric way.    Do you have anything to help inspire misguided young people to be watchful?  Besides slandering Christ's lost sheep.

To me your post implied that Lady Gaga is teaching Christian things in her music or somehow is being a witness to Christianity. If I misunderstood and you are calling her out for her blasphemy, I apologize.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:49:16 PM by bogdan » Logged
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 01:57:27 PM »

I'm confused.  Are you trying to say that Lady Gaga is "good"....and that through her, somehow someone can reach out to the kids of today's society....and teach them about Christianity?

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 02:01:12 PM »

I know that I only listen to Christian music. Ya know, good stuff, with titles like: "White metal for Jesus" and "When I see the Rock, I'm Gonna Roll" and "To hell with the devil"  police
gregory77

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 02:05:33 PM »

To me your post implied that Lady Gaga is teaching Christian things in her music or somehow is being a witness to Christianity. If I misunderstood and you are calling her out for her blasphemy, I apologize.

I do think on one level, she does admit to the spiritual warfare that resides within her heart.  That is something that is very important for everyone to admit.  However, I did call her out for marketing a dead-end pseudo-religion.  

From experience, it is important to try and witness the Faith, when confronted with pseudo-christian songs.   Today's Orthodox Christian youth tend to listen to this stuff a lot and get really confused.  So, it is important to show the difference between what pop songs may say versus what is the actual Faith.  That is the main point.   To understand where the youth are coming from and try to direct them in a positive direction.  
gregory77

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 02:17:36 PM »

I'm confused.  Are you trying to say that Lady Gaga is "good"....and that through her, somehow someone can reach out to the kids of today's society....and teach them about Christianity?

What I am saying, this is what she has said and has exposed the public to.  You can take the fact and use that as an opportunity to guide people in a direction towards the faith.   

It is important to remember, Lady Gaga was made in the image of God.  Although the image is distorted like with myself.  It indicates there is something going on there.

I suppose someone could watch the music video and start having questions about what the Faith really means.

Remember, the devil co-operates with God unintentionally (a paraphrase by St. Gregory Palamas and St. Makarios).  So, you could use the situation as an opportunity to help others as an ice-breaker to talk about the True Faith.     
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 02:41:42 PM »

Wow.  Posting demonic icons this website.

Is that really appropriate for the actual topic of the post?  Don't think so.  Illustrations of Satan have nothing to do with the post's topic but to distract from the many topic of looking at a way to have a dialogue with popular culture, in hopes of trying to witness about the Faith.
Have you asked PoorFoolNicholas why he posted those images? Maybe he thinks them relevant to his rebuttal of your position. In my moderatorial opinion, he did nothing wrong by posting them.
gregory77

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2011, 04:04:34 PM »

Interesting.  Thanks for the feedback.  Have a nice weekend.
TristanCross
Chief Of Sinners
Elder

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 04:35:44 PM »

Paranoid, are we?

No, just aware of how celebrity marketing works. It doesn't frighten me, nor is it a conspiracy. It's simply reality. These things are planned out six ways to Sunday.

Not many people go out and think, "Gee, I wonder how I can worship Satan today." Do you believe in geocentrism?

— St. John Chrysostom
TristanCross
Chief Of Sinners
Elder

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2011, 04:38:32 PM »

I know that I only listen to Christian music. Ya know, good stuff, with titles like: "White metal for Jesus" and "When I see the Rock, I'm Gonna Roll" and "To hell with the devil"  police

You might like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yULcJSLIWoU

— St. John Chrysostom
TristanCross
Chief Of Sinners
Elder

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2011, 04:39:55 PM »

For everyone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c2kS9bogLI

Father Nathan is an Orthodox priest.

— St. John Chrysostom
Saint Iaint
This Poster Has Ignored Multiple Requests to Behave Better
High Elder

Faith: Once Delivered

The Truth Shall Be Reviled

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2011, 06:17:40 PM »

It seems that the demon who once seized Judas has recently seized Gaga.

This lady is but fake Madonna. Enough with this!  Angry

I think she does a reasonable impression of Madonna. She actually can sing somewhat - unlike Madonna.

She's more extreme... but these things are progressive; a slippery slope. Madonna was 'extreme' back in the day. They are encouraged to push limits; to break taboos.

She's also practicing Kabbalah just like Madonna too. They are messing around with stuff they shouldn't be. It's cool to cut yourself and recite incantations to spirits!

EDIT: CAPTION to the above photo where I found it:

After reports surfaced last month that Lady Gaga wanted her fragrance to smell like blood and semen, Gaga set the record straight.

She explained, "No, no, no. Actually the perfume smells like an expensive hooker."

She added, "I wanted to extract sort of the feeling and sense of blood and semen from molecular structures, so that's where [the rumors] came from and that is in the perfume but it doesn't smell like that." And the blood part was taken out of Gaga's own blood sample!

Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, etc, etc... All set up as role models for young girls, then morphed into drunken sluts before our eyes flashing their junk and french kissing old ladies for the cameras. ("Ooops! Not only did I 'forget' to wear panties again - but I 'accidentally' got pictures taken of my vagina in public again too! Oh well!")

As for the pics posted by PoorFoolNicholas... I don't know about the second example but if people here can't see that the first outfit she has on is seemingly meant to be a depiction of Baphomet (- she even has the horns) then perhaps they need a larger image?

Here's where the slippery slope leads...

(Yes, that is a stripper pole.) I am so glad I don't have any daughters!

†IC XC†
†NI KA†

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:30:03 PM by Saint Iaint » Logged

Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute...

Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.
bogdan
OC.net guru

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2011, 07:38:58 PM »

Paranoid, are we?

Not many people go out and think, "Gee, I wonder how I can worship Satan today." Do you believe in geocentrism?

I never claimed she worships satan. However, she and her marketing people have clearly decided she should wear satan-looking clothing.

She has a lot of money. She is the celebrity of the hour. She pays people to help her decide these things. Neither she, nor other celebrities, sit there and randomly throw together outfits like that. It's all calculated for whatever effect they're trying to make. Not a conspiracy, just reality.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 07:39:20 PM by bogdan » Logged
bogdan
OC.net guru

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2011, 07:41:29 PM »

(Yes, that is a stripper pole.) I am so glad I don't have any daughters!

Three cheers for Prostitots!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 07:42:50 PM by bogdan » Logged
bogdan
OC.net guru

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2011, 07:49:41 PM »

1. Why is he apologizing for Westboro? They're not part of the Church. They have no connection with the Orthodox Church. They're some miniscule sect comprised mostly of a single nutbag family. I don't like these "apologies on behalf of completely unrelated people."

2. I think of bigotry as prejudice. It's not bigotry to speak out against people's actions. Nor should we tolerate defamation and blasphemy against Christ and His Saints, sexualizing and trivializing them, which I would say this is:

In short: Fr Nathan is wrong. He is good-intentioned but his compassion is misdirected. It's not compassionate to make people comfortable in their sins, or gloss over them because it's "unkind" and "judgmental" to do otherwise. Lady Gaga, and all these "artists" who defame Christianity in various ways, know exactly what they're doing, and do not warrant such a kid-gloved response.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:07:43 PM by bogdan » Logged
TristanCross
Chief Of Sinners
Elder

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2011, 08:52:27 PM »

Paranoid, are we?

I never claimed she worships satan. However, she and her marketing people have clearly decided she should wear satan-looking clothing.

She has a lot of money. She is the celebrity of the hour. She pays people to help her decide these things. Neither she, nor other celebrities, sit there and randomly throw together outfits like that. It's all calculated for whatever effect they're trying to make. Not a conspiracy, just reality.

Satan-looking? If she wanted to be Satan-looking she would look like a beautiful angel, not a trashy attention-whore.

— St. John Chrysostom
TristanCross
Chief Of Sinners
Elder

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2011, 08:53:55 PM »

1. Why is he apologizing for Westboro? They're not part of the Church. They have no connection with the Orthodox Church. They're some miniscule sect comprised mostly of a single nutbag family. I don't like these "apologies on behalf of completely unrelated people."

2. I think of bigotry as prejudice. It's not bigotry to speak out against people's actions. Nor should we tolerate defamation and blasphemy against Christ and His Saints, sexualizing and trivializing them, which I would say this is:

In short: Fr Nathan is wrong. He is good-intentioned but his compassion is misdirected. It's not compassionate to make people comfortable in their sins, or gloss over them because it's "unkind" and "judgmental" to do otherwise. Lady Gaga, and all these "artists" who defame Christianity in various ways, know exactly what they're doing, and do not warrant such a kid-gloved response.

He's apologizing because the WBC gives Christians a bad name. What the WBC preaches is not what we preach.

— St. John Chrysostom
Orthoconvert71
Convert to Eastern Orthodox Christianity/transition between jurisdictions

Faith: Convert to Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Transition between jurisdictions

Newbie-convert

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2011, 09:35:28 PM »

Thank you!;)

I am in complete agreement with you.  In fact, I will take it a step further.  Yes, I DO THINK IT IS A CONSPIRACY.  Yes, I am the paranoid one when it comes to these things and no, I don't think Lady Gaga glorifying Judas and using the Baphomet symbol was a coincidence.

Such things ARE NO COINCIDENCE.  It implies a Pro-Witchcraft, Pro-Satanist, Anti-Christ, Anti-Christian religion agenda and they POPULARIZE it through their music and ENCOURAGE it in our modern culture.  THEY ARE THE SLAVES OF THE DEMONS THEY SEEK UNION WITH.  You can't 'joke" about stuff like that.  They glorify it because they have some ties to it. 

In my opinion, she has pro-Satanist tendencies.

Just my two cents.

In Christ,
Joe Bettencourt
Orthoconvert71
Orthoconvert71

Newbie-convert

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »

In my opinion, this was deliberate and sacrilegous!  She basically punched every Christian in the stomach.  She has blasphemed and mocked Christ and the Church.

In regards to the remark made, "Gee, I wonder how I can worship Satan today." I disagree.  If you were to actually do the math, count ALL the Pro-Satan/Anti-Christian bands in the music industry (you have to count all the bands like Deicide, Morbid Angel, Slayer, King Diamond, and a WHOLE lot of others I can't mention that do BLASPHEMOUS acts on stage) then add up HOW MANY OF THEIR ALBUMS TURNED PLATINUM OR GOLD, then add up all those millions of fans out there that repeat lyrics like "Burn Christian Temples" and "Kill Christians" [lyrics from Deicide] or "Throw Christians to the Lions," like Behemoth sing,...if you count up all those MILLIONS of fans who are cursing Christ and hate Christians....I see  A LOT OF PEOPLE wanting to worship Satan.

Just my two cents.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Paranoid, are we?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In Christ,
Joe Bettencourt
Orthoconvert71
TristanCross
Chief Of Sinners
Elder

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2011, 09:51:02 PM »

Yes, and Jesus is coming tomorrow, and the Illuminati control the world, and 9/11 was an inside-job...

— St. John Chrysostom
Orthoconvert71

Newbie-convert

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2011, 10:02:39 PM »

So you mean to tell me that all of these bands (including Lady Gaga) are just kidding when they mock Christ?  That this isn't a sign of bad times to come?  That everything is "just fine, just ignore it?" You don't think demons and Satan are behind what all of these bands are doing? 

This was all aimed at attacking Christanity.  And you disagree?

Yes, and Jesus is coming tomorrow, and the Illuminati control the world, and 9/11 was an inside-job...

In Christ,
Joe Bettencourt
Orthoconvert71
Andrew Crook
formerly known as AveChriste11
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2011, 12:32:46 AM »

Orthoconvert71,

I think such individuals who joke about hating Christians, and Christ, and all that is holy, are doing it merely to get a reaction out of the rest of us.  I do not believe that every single member of a band called KISS are all Knight's in Satan's Service for example.  I also think that what you see in these music industries, and their sacrilege are a byproduct of what was going on in the 1960's and 1970's.  We have come from a very restrictive almost puritanical society, (closely related to our Puritan ancestors).  Now we are here in a society, where "anything goes" and "If it feels good, Do it".  I don't however feel that such liberal attitudes, or puritanical attitudes taken to the extreme are that great. 

But that's just from my perspective..

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith; Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2011, 12:40:26 AM »

Since, GaGa desires attention via desecration of Christianity

Where do you get the idea that she is trying to do this?

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2011, 12:40:26 AM »

Whorish, yes. But I've seen nothing that appears to be legitimate blasphemy from Gaga. If anything what some people think is blasphemy is actually her expressing and confessing her own wickedness along with her desire to be holy, which is not blasphemous.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2011, 12:40:26 AM »

I do think on one level, she does admit to the spiritual warfare that resides within her heart.  That is something that is very important for everyone to admit.  However, I did call her out for marketing a dead-end pseudo-religion.

I tend to agree with your interpretation. She seems to give honor to Christian symbology, but not in a way that really provides legitimate religious direction.

gregory77

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2011, 12:43:46 AM »

So you mean to tell me that all of these bands (including Lady Gaga) are just kidding when they mock Christ?  That this isn't a sign of bad times to come?  That everything is "just fine, just ignore it?" You don't think demons and Satan are behind what all of these bands are doing? 

This was all aimed at attacking Christanity.  And you disagree?

Good point.  There are more than just bands that are promoting Anti-Christ behavior.  You can look at banks, all politicians, and a lot of contemporary Christian traditions if you use St. John's definition of an anti-christ.   However, we must not give into anxiety and focus on the main goal.  I think we have to put extra effort in witnessing the faith because people enslaved to the passions is a very sad thing.   We should think about how we can help liberate mankind.
gregory77

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2011, 12:47:45 AM »

I tend to agree with your interpretation. She seems to give honor to Christian symbology, but not in a way that really provides legitimate religious direction.

Yes, she seems to struggle with her Christian tradition but falls flat with it.  She did the same thing with her song "Born That Way."  God does love everyone.  But we are called by Christ to seek the kingdom of heaven, not just be complacent with are current circumstances.
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: