OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 08:28:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bood Club Current Book Choice: Wounded by Love  (Read 1594 times) Average Rating: 0
quietmorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« on: May 07, 2011, 09:46:48 PM »

Wounded By Love: The Life and Wisdom of Elder Porphyrios by Elder Porphyrios

Thank you Quinault for such a great suggestion and for the great links to find Wounded by Love at a reasonable price.  To see these links, please go to:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,35777.msg563151.html#msg563151

and scroll down.

Start date for reading will be on Saturday, May 28th.  

There will be an announcement with instructions posted on Saturday, May 28th unless the start date changes.  

Please do what you can to obtain this book, if you have trouble doing so, please conact me or Quinault so that we can adjust the start date or do what we can to help out.

Special mention and thanks to and for Quinault - she volunteered to help, so she is also a 'go to' person if a snag arises!

« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 09:47:46 PM by quietmorning » Logged

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
quietmorning
Archon

St. Photini

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 09:16:29 AM »

I will post the start up of the Wounded by Love book today after I return from Liturgy - please be on the lookout! Smiley

I apologize for the delay. 

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 01:17:14 PM »

Thanks. My copy should be here soon.   Smiley  I've heard a lot of good things about this book. 
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 01:45:07 PM »

Thanks. My copy should be here soon.   Smiley  I've heard a lot of good things about this book.

Same boat here.  Looking forward to it.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 07:01:58 PM »

Just got my copy!   Smiley
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »

Crap, just saw this!

I'm going to need this.
quietmorning
Archon

St. Photini

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 09:38:53 AM »

Crap, just saw this!

As in you haven't started reading, yet, or you didn't see any of this and didn't know, so you don't have the book?

If you haven't started reading, I tried to put it in 40 something page blocks so that busy people could easily handle it.
If you just saw that the book club is opening back up and we're starting with Wounded By Love, then if you would like to join in, the discussions are arranged that you can catch up pretty easily if you are no more than one or two weeks behind.  If you want to join in, please do! Smiley

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 02:06:20 PM »

Crap, just saw this!

As in you haven't started reading, yet, or you didn't see any of this and didn't know, so you don't have the book?

If you haven't started reading, I tried to put it in 40 something page blocks so that busy people could easily handle it.
If you just saw that the book club is opening back up and we're starting with Wounded By Love, then if you would like to join in, the discussions are arranged that you can catch up pretty easily if you are no more than one or two weeks behind.  If you want to join in, please do! Smiley

Sweet!

I'm going to need this.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 01:42:50 PM »

I received my copy from Uncut Mountain Supply within three days of ordering. I placed a note that it was for a book discussion coming up soon.

Excellent service.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 04:05:05 PM »

I received my copy from Uncut Mountain Supply within three days of ordering. I placed a note that it was for a book discussion coming up soon.
Excellent service.

Wish I had done that.  My copy was part of a bigger order, which may delay the arrival considerably.  I'll catch up.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: