OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 23, 2014, 01:35:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please continue to pray for my family  (Read 561 times) Average Rating: 0
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« on: May 06, 2011, 07:37:32 PM »

My daughter, Ryvre has been having seizures for a few months now. After going from doctor to doctor trying to figure out what is going on my wife and I went to an appointment today with THE neurologist from Vanderbilt (thank God for insurance). He told us that if our daughter did not get medication then she would die from her seizures getting worse and going untreated. Tomorrow she is going in to the hospital for observation and has to stay there any where from one to five days.

My wife has to work, and she already has missed a lot due to having to take our daughter to the ER every time she has a seizure. This leaves me to be with my daughter during this time, but I have three weeks of training for the Army starting tomorrow, when Ryvre has to go to the hospital. To make matters worse, during this very trying time, I am getting ready for my second deployment. Tomorrow I still have to report, but I am going to ask my commander for a few days off to sit with my daughter.

Please pray for my family during this extremely trying time, and please pray that my commander has a kind heart and grants me this time off that my daughter, my wife and I need.

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 08:02:37 PM »

Exceptional Family member?
dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 08:05:41 PM »

Exceptional Family member?

I'm afraid that I don't quite understand what you are asking...
 ER? Emergency Room

Or do we have another family member that could watch her? None that are nearby or in good enough health/age.

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 08:07:58 PM »

Have you filled out the Exceptional Family Member paperwork with the military? They provide you assistance with family members that have medical issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exceptional_Family_Member_Program
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:09:13 PM by Quinault » Logged
dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 08:11:33 PM »

Have you filled out the Exceptional Family Member paperwork with the military? They provide you assistance with family members that have medical issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exceptional_Family_Member_Program

I have not and only recently learned about such a thing (from a friend who is in the Navy). I was planning on filling it out while I was in training. This situation with her having to go to the hospital is rather unexpected and last minute.

Check out my blog...
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

A metal babble! Kill it quick!

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 08:12:35 PM »

Lord have mercy! Praying...

That is not the teaching of Fr. Seraphim Rose.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 08:13:41 PM »

I hope you find some help soon. I would fill out that paperwork ASAP. Your wife can only do so much without you. And the military can be agonizingly slow to process paperwork. Once you fill that paperwork out they have to allow you time to care for her or provide other resources that will.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:16:05 PM by Quinault » Logged
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 08:20:31 PM »

Don't mind me too much. I have just been thru two deployments and literally everything that could go wrong went wrong for us. I am just all for getting help as soon as you can with the military. The are quick to send people places and quick to do things in their best interest. But when it comes to actually helping families, it is REALLY hit or miss in my experience. Your experiences will hopefully be the rule, whereas I only experienced what was supposed to be the exception.
dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 08:24:33 PM »

Don't mind me too much. I have just been thru two deployments and literally everything that could go wrong went wrong for us. I am just all for getting help as soon as you can with the military. The are quick to send people places and quick to do things in their best interest. But when it comes to actually helping families, it is REALLY hit or miss in my experience. Your experiences will hopefully be the rule, whereas I only experienced what was supposed to be the exception.

I understand, and I really appreciate any help and advice I can get right now, thank you.

Check out my blog...
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 08:36:08 PM »

Lord, have mercy!  Praying that Ryvre gets well, and everything with work/training goes smoothly.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 10:22:58 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
peteprint
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 11:31:55 PM »

Lord have mercy!
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 02:03:37 AM »

Continues Prayers......

Lord Have Mercy....Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
HumbledDaily

Faith: Orthodox Hopeful
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 02:19:52 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12
dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 08:57:41 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers. I was able to stay with my daughter until my wife can come over. Also, our priest visited us and anointed her while he was her. Thank you all again.

Check out my blog...
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: