Author Topic: Romanian Orthodox Church in Atlanta area damaged by fire  (Read 2142 times)

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Romanian Orthodox Church in Atlanta area damaged by fire
« on: May 05, 2011, 10:51:15 PM »
Fire severely damaged a Romanian Orthodox Church in the Atlanta, Georgia area. The consecration will be delayed, pending repairs to the structure.

From the article:
"I'm heartbroken," said the Rev. Nicolae Clempus, priest of the church. "It was going to be a proud moment for all of us."

Gwinnett fire Capt. Tommy Rutledge said a passerby reported a fire at the church in the 2800 block of Winder Highway about 8:30 a.m.

:'(
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
Re: Romanian Orthodox Church in Atlanta area damaged by fire
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 10:56:24 PM »
So sad :(

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 09:13:55 AM »

I remember when my in-laws' Church was destroyed by fire in Buffalo (the same parish which was my father's first assignment as a newly ordained priest.) It was truly like a member of the family had suddenly died. The whole grief cycle was played out among the parishioners and those close to the parish.

Our prayers are with the faithful in the Atlanta region.

(Did anyone else catch the location where the Romanian community built? Made me chuckle a bit.)

Offline Tikhon29605

• High Elder
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 02:42:04 PM »

I remember when my in-laws' Church was destroyed by fire in Buffalo (the same parish which was my father's first assignment as a newly ordained priest.) It was truly like a member of the family had suddenly died. The whole grief cycle was played out among the parishioners and those close to the parish.

Our prayers are with the faithful in the Atlanta region.

(Did anyone else catch the location where the Romanian community built? Made me chuckle a bit.)

It's Dacula, Georgia.  Not Dracula.  (Although everyone does have fun with that name.  ;)