OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 11:11:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Romanian Orthodox Church in Atlanta area damaged by fire  (Read 1867 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« on: May 05, 2011, 10:51:15 PM »

Fire severely damaged a Romanian Orthodox Church in the Atlanta, Georgia area. The consecration will be delayed, pending repairs to the structure.

From the article:
"I'm heartbroken," said the Rev. Nicolae Clempus, priest of the church. "It was going to be a proud moment for all of us."

Gwinnett fire Capt. Tommy Rutledge said a passerby reported a fire at the church in the 2800 block of Winder Highway about 8:30 a.m.

Cry

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 10:56:24 PM »

So sad Sad
podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 09:13:55 AM »

So sad Sad

I remember when my in-laws' Church was destroyed by fire in Buffalo (the same parish which was my father's first assignment as a newly ordained priest.) It was truly like a member of the family had suddenly died. The whole grief cycle was played out among the parishioners and those close to the parish.

Our prayers are with the faithful in the Atlanta region.

(Did anyone else catch the location where the Romanian community built? Made me chuckle a bit.)
Tikhon29605
High Elder

May I become Thy Tabernacle through Communion.

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 02:42:04 PM »

So sad Sad

I remember when my in-laws' Church was destroyed by fire in Buffalo (the same parish which was my father's first assignment as a newly ordained priest.) It was truly like a member of the family had suddenly died. The whole grief cycle was played out among the parishioners and those close to the parish.

Our prayers are with the faithful in the Atlanta region.

(Did anyone else catch the location where the Romanian community built? Made me chuckle a bit.)

It's Dacula, Georgia.  Not Dracula.  (Although everyone does have fun with that name.  Wink
Tags: Romanian Orthodox Church  Atlanta  Fire 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: