Author Topic: Video of the Day  (Read 438574 times)

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
Re: Video of the Day
« Reply #2205 on: April 16, 2018, 04:36:47 PM »
I blame my dumb thumbs and my smartphone...I unlocked it.

Duly noted.
It's the double-edged sword of being lazy and being bored.- Reliant K

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #2206 on: April 16, 2018, 04:42:36 PM »
Look what i found on youtube

lol, funny how 1. They always eat the middle out the bread first and 2. Their instinct is just to try and back out.

The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #2207 on: April 19, 2018, 04:01:14 PM »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #2208 on: April 19, 2018, 05:39:11 PM »
Scottish elevator with voice recogntion

LOL! (a bit of cursing)
Like it. When I visited Scotland I was so shocked that sometimes I wasn't able to understand Scots... But my friend that was living there for one year said that the funniest situations were when two Scots couldn't undestand each other ;)
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #2209 on: April 20, 2018, 01:35:38 AM »
Scottish elevator with voice recogntion

LOL! (a bit of cursing)
Like it. When I visited Scotland I was so shocked that sometimes I wasn't able to understand Scots... But my friend that was living there for one year said that the funniest situations were when two Scots couldn't undestand each other ;)
In the video and in large cities like Glasgow one would rather hear Scottish English proper, which is a Scots-English mix, but still pretty difficult and sometimes too thick.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #2210 on: April 20, 2018, 02:46:37 PM »
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #2211 on: April 20, 2018, 04:46:24 PM »
Wow. I'm a bit ashamed to say that I never knew about all the labor stuff and drama going on around the Hobbit movies until now...

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #2212 on: April 20, 2018, 06:26:41 PM »
Wow. I'm a bit ashamed to say that I never knew about all the labor stuff and drama going on around the Hobbit movies until now...

Am I disappointed that the "how do you enjoy something with unsavory implications behind the scenes?" thing is left off with a shrug? Of course I am. I'm just not sure there's any other proper response lol.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #2213 on: April 23, 2018, 09:40:01 PM »
I love Commentocracy lol. A new season is apparently on the way.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #2214 on: April 28, 2018, 04:19:38 PM »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #2215 on: April 29, 2018, 08:50:06 PM »
Defunctland: The History of Disney's Journey into Imagination

I wish I'd been able to ride the original. But even more, I wish that Tony Baxter's original Jules Verne-inspired idea for the attraction had happened.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 08:50:43 PM by Volnutt »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #2216 on: April 30, 2018, 08:53:11 PM »

Offline Justin Kolodziej

• High Elder
  • St. John Koukouzeles
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
Quote from: Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica
Only one person who is prayerfully connected to God is needed, and we will have peace everywhere -- in the family, at work, in the government, and everywhere.

Offline Antonis

• Μέγα το Θαύμα!
  • Section Moderator
  • Archon
« Reply #2218 on: May 06, 2018, 09:10:05 PM »
How has Antonis not become an Old Calendarist yet?
I thought he had, a few posts ago.

"I hate the poor." --Mor Ephrem

"This is the one from the beginning, who seemed to be new, yet was found to be ancient and always young, being born in the hearts of the saints."
Letter to Diognetus 11.4

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #2219 on: May 13, 2018, 02:33:06 AM »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #2220 on: May 18, 2018, 12:06:49 PM »
General conservator guidelines of when to wear gloves when handling artifacts. -The British Museum

I don't really understand the reason for just having to wash your hands when handling paper goods, those seem like the most fragile of all to me. Then again, I have really sweaty hands, so maybe I'm just paranoid.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:07:47 PM by Volnutt »