OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 02:30:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Video of the Day  (Read 58080 times) Average Rating: 0
Mishakol

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: (closest church)

« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2011, 11:04:44 PM »

Progressive Church commercial. It was made by this Christian comedy show "The Steve & Kathy Show".

Its funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGeZEAJeHz8

« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:12:20 PM by Mishakol » Logged

"And in Him is no darkness at all,"--that is, no passion, no keeping up of evil respecting any one, [He] destroys no one but gives salvation to all. Light moreover signifies, either the precepts of the Law, or faith, or doctrine."

Clement Of Alexandria - Commentary on 1 John.
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2011, 12:02:15 AM »

Finnish soccer spectacle - Amazing backflip penalty-kick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tmMZv62BX4&feature=player_embedded

Saw that on Sky Sports News this morning, he only got away with it because it was a Youth Game, if they did that in the pros...YELLOW CARD.  police

You mean to say that the rules actually prohibit backflips? Really? Huh!

Well it's not a backflip but have you seen this one then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnKW-yVTSrM&feature=player_embedded

Is that against the rules too? Cheesy
[/quote]

As far as the Laws of the Game are concerned, no, but it would be a yellow for showboating of sorts (I had a mate get a yellow for nearly the same thing). lol.

Saw that goal last night as well, while he didnt recieve a yellow, his manager took him off the field directly after he took the shot (he had only been subbed in 2 minutes prior).

Forgive my sins.
Stephen St. Pierre

Faith: Inquirer to Eastern Orthodoxy

This user has been banned.

« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2011, 02:47:50 AM »

CHEEKY

Whats the psychology behind someone who 'talks in riddles' ?

"A couple of people on sites I go on only seem to communicate, either in riddles, or by using famous quotations to express how they're feeling. It's quite annoying..confusion-making, because of course, you could take what they say a number of ways. Its like they absorb energy by making you 'think' about what they are saying. Frustrating because you can't conclusively understand.

If any -what's the psychological profile of this type of person? The 2 people I know who do this aren't youngsters though. (I think we can all talk gobbledy-gook in our teens & early twenties!)"

6 months ago

lucinda

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

"People who talk in riddles, or quote others are usually self conscious. If someone feels the need to use another person's quote, they are usually trying to take the spotlight off themselves. Most people who talk in riddles are trying to confuse other people, because they are actually quite confused themself."

6 months ago

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110131120439AAKWuzn

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2011, 03:37:54 AM »

Huh I don't really understand the last post. Really, I don't understand the last post. I don't understand the last post, really. I really don't understand the last post. The last post I really don't understand.  Huh
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:39:12 AM by Asteriktos » Logged
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2011, 04:06:36 AM »

Funny Moments with Met Kallistos Ware

http://youtu.be/NR0KZT5rjZc
Stephen St. Pierre

« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2011, 04:53:45 AM »

Huh I don't really understand the last post. Really, I don't understand the last post. I don't understand the last post, really. I really don't understand the last post. The last post I really don't understand.  Huh

Really?
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2011, 11:21:39 AM »

Conan the Barbarian the Musical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw

Absolute classic! This is so going on my FB page.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2011, 01:40:17 PM »

For the record, that guy with the backheel penalty kick, he's recieving sanctioning from the local FA, including a match ban.  police

Forgive my sins.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »

For the record, that guy with the backheel penalty kick, he's recieving sanctioning from the local FA, including a match ban.  police

That's what you get for being a fancy dan...  police
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2011, 02:11:27 PM »

Finnish soccer spectacle - Amazing backflip penalty-kick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tmMZv62BX4&feature=player_embedded

Saw that on Sky Sports News this morning, he only got away with it because it was a Youth Game, if they did that in the pros...YELLOW CARD.  police

You mean to say that the rules actually prohibit backflips? Really? Huh!

Well it's not a backflip but have you seen this one then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnKW-yVTSrM&feature=player_embedded

Is that against the rules too? Cheesy

As far as the Laws of the Game are concerned, no, but it would be a yellow for showboating of sorts (I had a mate get a yellow for nearly the same thing). lol.

Saw that goal last night as well, while he didnt recieve a yellow, his manager took him off the field directly after he took the shot (he had only been subbed in 2 minutes prior).
[/quote]

Technically it ain't a backflip . . . //:=|

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Stephen St. Pierre

« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2011, 04:16:17 PM »

What?!? Why? He scored didn't he? Same with the backflip guy: he did a fancy move, thereby deking the goaltender and he scored! What's the problem? I thought they were both brilliant. Just like combat sports: protect yourself (or your goal) at all times.

They're just jealous because they can't do it!

Technically - who cares? Just to humor you though (insert inquisitive, childlike voice here):

"What is it really called orthonorm?"
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2011, 04:26:11 PM »

Double Rainbow Song!!1!!11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0D4oZwCsA

I'm going to need this.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2011, 04:39:31 PM »

What?!? Why? He scored didn't he? Same with the backflip guy: he did a fancy move, thereby deking the goaltender and he scored! What's the problem? I thought they were both brilliant. Just like combat sports: protect yourself (or your goal) at all times.

Technically - who cares? Just to humor you though (insert inquisitive, childlike voice here):

Really it depends on the sport you are in. Backwards rotation is not necessarily a "back flip". A somersault is actually more accurate here. Now the sorta somersault and the like can be described as well.

The nomenclature of acrobatic movements began to get sloppy and imprecise especially with the advent of contemporary gymnastics and worse yet ice skating and then all the skating, free running, and the like.

The nerd in me wants to call it something like a running aerial back somersault on about a 45 degree angle ending in a loss.

We could get more precise and describe the use of his arms to generate the motion as well.

But in the end it is pretty cool.

Used to help coach and judge a sport where acrobatics were involved, so I gotta little caught up in the terminology.

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2011, 04:43:13 PM »

Really it depends on the sport you are in. Backwards rotation is not necessarily a "back flip". A somersault is actually more accurate here. Now the sorta somersault and the like can be described as well.

The nomenclature of acrobatic movements began to get sloppy and imprecise especially with the advent of contemporary gymnastics and worse yet ice skating and then all the skating, free running, and the like.

The nerd in me wants to call it something like a running aerial back somersault on about a 45 degree angle ending in a loss.

We could get more precise and describe the use of his arms to generate the motion as well.

Used to help coach and judge a sport where acrobatics were involved, so I gotta little caught up in the terminology.

"Words... words... words..." -orthonorm

Roger that, backflip.   Grin

I'm going to need this.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »

"Words... words... words..." -orthonorm

Roger that, backflip.   Grin

I like to rain on others' picnics, what can I say?

Stephen St. Pierre

« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2011, 05:05:17 PM »

I was trying to be funny more than rude just so you know.

I had always been under the impression that a somersault was like rolling on the gound while a flip was up in the air. I do like speaking correctly (and correctness in general), so thanks for the clarification. Word ambiguity really serves no one.

So thanks
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2011, 05:22:22 PM »

Back Flip!!!

I'm going to need this.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2011, 05:53:35 PM »

You never have to apologize to me for possibly being rude.

I'll likely never take it that way if there is a tinge of a possibility a comment was made in jest.

And words on a computer screen from people I really don't know, don't really harm me.

I am just crazy like that.

Feel free to mock, snark, sarcast at me all you want.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2011, 05:55:34 PM »

Back Flip!!!

lulz @ the helmet.

Stephen St. Pierre

« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2011, 06:07:09 PM »

You never have to apologize to me for possibly being rude.

I'll likely never take it that way if there is a tinge of a possibility a comment was made in jest.

And words on a computer screen from people I really don't know, don't really harm me.

I am just crazy like that.

Feel free to mock, snark, sarcast at me all you want.

Excellent. Consider this reciprocal permission to do likewise unto me. Sticks & Stones, etc.

Video of the Day:

The Whitest Kids U' Know - Pledge of Allegiance
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2011, 11:54:58 PM »

It doesn't matter, it's still showboating. lol

Forgive my sins.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2011, 01:16:54 AM »

This video is too cool for this thread, really... but for lack of a better place to post it...

http://vimeo.com/terrastro/oceansky

Thanks to Troy Polamalu for posting a link to it on facebook...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:18:28 AM by Asteriktos » Logged
CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2011, 08:04:49 AM »

The feel & skill that every aspiring motorcycle racer dreams of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyv_VyubtzQ

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2011, 02:51:03 PM »

Brett Domino recreates Bad Romance (Lady Gaga) with a Korg Monotron and a Kaossilator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJWj8HjX9ew

I'm going to need this.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2011, 03:13:32 PM »

I don't check youtube much. But here is a video I watch, whenever I think there ain't beauty to be made outside of "nature". Truly inspiring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2011, 03:24:08 PM »

I don't check youtube much. But here is a video I watch, whenever I think there ain't beauty to be made outside of "nature". Truly inspiring.

That guy has got some moves. I love the freaked out looks by the on lookers when he jumped down the stairs to the tube or off the bridge. That's pretty nuts.

I'm going to need this.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2011, 03:28:44 PM »

That guy has got some moves. I love the freaked out looks by the on lookers when he jumped down the stairs to the tube or off the bridge. That's pretty nuts.

Always thought stuff like free cycling and free running (before it becomes a damn competition) would make Debord smile.

There is a tiny girl who free runs in my neck of the woods, she always creates a sense of wonder or awe or surprise when she goes ambling by.

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2011, 03:30:38 PM »

Always thought stuff like free cycling and free running (before it becomes a damn competition) would make Debord smile.

There is a tiny girl who free runs in my neck of the woods, she always creates a sense of wonder or awe or surprise when she goes ambling by.

I'd love to get into free running... if I ever had the time or place. Another life maybe.  Cool

I'm going to need this.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2011, 03:42:45 PM »

I'd love to get into free running... if I ever had the time or place. Another life maybe.  Cool

How old are you?

EDIT: Place doesn't matter, sorta the point behind it and you don't need much time to get up to a relatively decent level of competency.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:44:29 PM by orthonorm » Logged

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2011, 03:46:07 PM »

That is beautiful. Ain't aspiring to do anything on a motorcycle, but nonetheless.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2011, 04:00:27 PM »

The girl who bedazzles people around me is about as good as the girl in this video. I hate forwarding just cause you have to close a buncha ads and stuff when it first starts.

She is quite excellent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnJLGPdyt6k

CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2011, 04:02:14 PM »

That is beautiful. Ain't aspiring to do anything on a motorcycle, but nonetheless.

If I wasn't such an old fart, I'd be plenty aspiring!

BTW his name is Garry MCoy, the King of Slide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj1GGsxPk9Q

CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2011, 04:04:37 PM »

The girl who bedazzles people around me is about as good as the girl in this video. I hate forwarding just cause you have to close a buncha ads and stuff when it first starts.

She is quite excellent:

I herniated my L4-L5 just watching that  Shocked

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2011, 04:07:43 PM »

I really don't follow motorsports at all and can't say anything about cycle racing, but wouldn't sliding like that cost you time? It would seem to me to be a less efficient way of going around the curve.

Is it a matter of style? Showing off that he does it? Pretty amazing stuff.

Stephen St. Pierre

« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2011, 07:09:06 PM »

"Keep your eye on that building, it'll be coming down soon." - World Trade #7 - Solomon Brothers Building

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9CXQY-bZn4&feature=related
Cephas
There is no spoon.
Elder

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: See of St. Mark

γνῶθισε αυτόν

« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2011, 07:32:48 PM »

+ Irini nem ehmot,

She is quite excellent:

It's like watching live action Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia at once.

Cephas 

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are healed."
-- Isaiah 53:5

"He who knows himself knows God"
-- Pi Nishti Abba Antony
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2011, 07:53:59 PM »

+ Irini nem ehmot,

She is quite excellent:

It's like watching live action Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia at once.

I wished they showed more of her "lines" (continuous movement) rather than all the cuts to the various moves. She is a wonderful free runner.

Get from point A to B in as straight of a line as possible.

The comments are ridiculous under the video, a reason I don't like youtube. Criticizing her for lack of power. lulz.

I'll dig up another great clip if I can find it that does demonstrate some guys with serious power. Its the folks you see jumping and tucking from roof top to roof top across a city or xing up a 20 story building.

CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2011, 09:03:26 AM »

I really don't follow motorsports at all and can't say anything about cycle racing, but wouldn't sliding like that cost you time? It would seem to me to be a less efficient way of going around the curve.

Is it a matter of style? Showing off that he does it? Pretty amazing stuff.

Very impressive, orthonorm. For someone who doesn't follow motorsports that's quite a perceptive question.

The answer is yes & no. In short, with modern traction control and tire management then what you say is correct.

But turn off traction control on a high HP engine and this technique allows one to "point & shoot" the bike without getting off the throttle; one's able to stay on the throttle as much as possible to keep the HPs up.

The serious downside, besides chewing up tires, is that if the rear tire suddenly gains traction then the rider will be catapulted off the bike. Garry McCoy has more titanium in him than in Tiger Wood's golf bag.

And yes, it's definitely a way of showing off. If a rider has a good lead at the end of the race, he'll slide around a bit to the delight of the fans.

Ok, sorry for boring everyone!

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2011, 06:55:32 PM »

You are NOT smarter than a fifth grader... or... much anything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C7wd7ZPRMYY#at=255

I'm going to need this.
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2011, 07:53:47 PM »

But my nieghbor's yard is almost twice as big as mine, how do I account for that? Huh

Proverbs 22:7
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2011, 07:56:57 PM »

You really should warn us when offensive content is contained in your links . . .

I mean Jeff Foxworthy? //:=)

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2011, 08:38:21 PM »

You really should warn us when offensive content is contained in your links . . .

I mean Jeff Foxworthy? //:=)

lol

I'm going to need this.
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2011, 06:32:30 AM »

I never grow tired of this one  Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGb8pMIeY6w

I also found this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40DykbPa4Lc&feature=related

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2011, 09:47:15 AM »

The Dinner Conversationalist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjqxTmu52g8

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2011, 09:52:50 AM »

The Dinner Conversationalist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjqxTmu52g8

ROFL. I'm not sure what just happened.

I'm going to need this.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: