Author Topic: Video of the Day  (Read 469893 times)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
Re: Video of the Day
« Reply #1980 on: February 09, 2017, 04:41:38 PM »
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • I was almost normal once, but I got better.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #1981 on: February 10, 2017, 07:20:26 PM »
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #1982 on: February 12, 2017, 12:40:23 AM »
3801 LANCASTER: An American Tragedy

http://3801lancaster.com/

I also started a thread about this in the Politics forum.
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,70899.msg1444695.html#msg1444695

Selam
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 12:59:40 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus »
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Serg-antr

« Reply #1983 on: February 14, 2017, 05:05:45 AM »

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1984 on: February 18, 2017, 07:05:56 PM »
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #1985 on: February 20, 2017, 02:08:51 PM »
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #1986 on: February 22, 2017, 12:01:34 AM »
"Well, do I convince you, that one ought never to despair of the disorders of the soul as incurable? ...For even if thou shouldst despair of thyself ten thousand times, I will never despair of thee" - St. John Chrysostom

Offline Serg-antr

« Reply #1987 on: March 04, 2017, 03:24:18 AM »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to FOCOF
« Reply #1988 on: March 10, 2017, 02:28:39 PM »
Apparently, can smart . . has brain.

Yes, I do real Theology

I am the Antichrist LOL just kidding

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
"Well, do I convince you, that one ought never to despair of the disorders of the soul as incurable? ...For even if thou shouldst despair of thyself ten thousand times, I will never despair of thee" - St. John Chrysostom

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #1991 on: March 10, 2017, 03:01:36 PM »
An adorable video with a similar motif

As we're at it, Bp. Neophytos of Nyeri performing bilingual consecration, I just love this video, it reignited my wish to learn Swahili.

"Bishop: Twaeni, kuleni, huu ni mwili wangu unaomegwa kwa ajili yenu, kwa maondoleo ya zambi.
People: Amin.
Bishop: Akawapa Wafwasi na Mitume wake Watakatifu, akisema: Drink it all of you, this is my blood of the New Covenant, which I shed for you and for many, for the remission of sin."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:08:37 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

• Taxiarches
« Reply #1992 on: March 10, 2017, 03:08:39 PM »
An adorable video with a similar motif

As we're at it, Bp. Neophytos of Nyeri performing bilingual words of institution, I just love this video, it reignited my wish to learn Swahili.

"Bishop: Twaeni, kuleni, huu ni mwili wangu unaomegwa kwa ajili yenu, kwa maondoleo ya zambi.
People: Amin.
Bishop: Akawapa Wafwasi na Mitume wake Watakatifu, akisema: Drink it all of you, this is my blood of the New Covenant, which I shed for you and for many, for the remission of sin."

Very nice.  :)
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1993 on: March 11, 2017, 07:55:58 PM »

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Vanhyo

• High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Layman in the Bulgarian Orthodox Church
« Reply #1994 on: March 16, 2017, 03:58:44 PM »
Hello guys, i found this cat on the internet and i want to share it with you.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 04:01:15 PM by Vanhyo »

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1995 on: March 18, 2017, 05:04:40 PM »

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Censer-following zapivka-dipper
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1997 on: March 28, 2017, 09:18:22 AM »

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1998 on: March 28, 2017, 05:44:23 PM »

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #1999 on: April 01, 2017, 01:15:12 PM »

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2000 on: April 02, 2017, 01:22:26 AM »
Donald Trump playing the accordion

Please keep the politics out of it... this is all about the music!

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Censer-following zapivka-dipper
« Reply #2002 on: April 08, 2017, 08:18:16 PM »
The faith of our Fathers, modernized

A timely video for Holy Week.  This is so beautiful.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2003 on: April 08, 2017, 08:35:01 PM »
The faith of our Fathers, modernized

A timely video for Holy Week.  This is so beautiful.

You can never go wrong with that series. Never. I despaired for weeks when it was no longer on Netflix a few years back.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2004 on: April 10, 2017, 09:23:03 PM »
Not a typical 'video of the day'... the incident with the doctor on a United flight...

United Airlines removes man by FORCE to make room for STAFF

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #2005 on: April 13, 2017, 02:35:38 AM »
Wild ostrich joins bikers on about a 1/3 mile road cruise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kotWv4MCxNI

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:38:34 AM by rakovsky »
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
« Reply #2006 on: April 13, 2017, 03:43:06 AM »
Not a typical 'video of the day'... the incident with the doctor on a United flight...

United Airlines removes man by FORCE to make room for STAFF
Hmmm.... It seems that if a plane cannot for some legitimate reason take a passenger, then they can have the person leave. For example, if a seat is broken or the passenger is too ill or goes comatose they can get personnel to remove the passenger safely.

In this case, the plane would have to use only reasonable force, and a jury is going to say from the video that it was not reasonable.

In fact, given the circumstance that the airline made the mistake, the jury is probably going to want the airline to make maximum accommodation like raise the price of vouchers they will reward passengers who get off the plane.

The video suggests that the airline looks down on customers despite the fact that the customers pay hundreds of dollars for a flight.
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2007 on: April 13, 2017, 10:33:17 AM »
Details have trickled out since it happened, so basically here's the story as far as I understand it: The flight was not overbooked, but 4 airline employees (possibly from a different airline)--two flight attendants and two pilots--had to be down south the next day for work; so United needed to get four passengers to leave so these 4 employees could board; they offered money and perhaps other things like a hotel (the next available flight was not till the next day) and no one took them up on it; they then raised how much they were offering, and still no one took them up on it; there's a rumor that one person quoted a price he'd be willing to get off for and they refused it; so they let a computer 'randomly' choose four passengers to be forced off; three of the passengers got off when told to; this fourth person, an elderly (69) asian doctor from TN, refused, saying he had patients to get to; they kept trying to coax him out, he kept saying no; finally a third member of aviation security (who may also be a Chicago PD employee) came on and started dragging him off from his window seat; at some point he hit his head on a chair and busted his mouth open; he was then dragged down the aisle, with people shocked at what was happening...

Once they got off the plane the security somehow lost him, and he actually got back on the plane (there's video of this floating around), and he had blood on his face and streaming from his mouth, and he was walking through the plane repeatedly saying "I want to go home" and (reportedly) "just kill me." Eventually they made everyone leave, including the man, so they could clean up the blood, and they started over. I have no idea if they really forced everyone off, but that's what I read in some newspaper (online).  It came out afterwards--not that this has anything to do with the actions on the plane, but it's certainly made the story more gossip-y--that this doctor had been charged with serious crimes years ago, involving drugs, fraud and sex. He had finished the penalty of those crimes. His wife is a doctor, and like 3 of his 4 kids are doctors.

The aviation law enforcement released a statement saying that the LEO had not acted properly, and was put on leave while they do an investigation. The CEO of United Airlines released a statement that was typical lawyer speak and airline industry jargon (they were just trying to "re-accommodate" the fellow!) That same CEO released an internal memo to United employees basically saying: yeah it sucks, but you all did exactly as you were supposed to, I'm super duper proud of you! This obviously was leaked, because of course it was, which made the CEO look like a huge idiot, so he released another statement (or did an interview or something) and said how he was ashamed at what happened.

The last I saw, United had lost about 900 million in value. I expect this will rebound once this all blows over, because people in finance do what people in finance do. I saw a report yesterday saying the man was going to sue, which seems like the obvious course; even if it's a weak case, United probably will want this out of the public eye as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:35:48 AM by Asteriktos »

• Taxiarches
« Reply #2008 on: April 13, 2017, 11:57:10 AM »
I hope the guy gets an enormous payday and United's stock tanks for as long as possible leading to the CEO's dismissal.  I also hope that there are some kind of excessive force charges and penalties for the wannabe tough guy cops, roughing up an old man.  The idea that someone can pay hundreds of dollars for a seat on an airplane and then be forced off for no good reason - and a flight crew having to be somewhere else is not a good reason - is sickening.  Make other arrangements for the flight crew.  Don't force people who have already paid for their seat to stay in a strange city overnight and be monstrously inconvenienced.  Don't book flights to maximum capacity and then decide you need the seats for something else, putting your profit margins ahead of the convenience of your customers.  I hope this stays bad for the airline for as long as possible.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2009 on: April 13, 2017, 12:54:24 PM »
Some new info

A passenger dragged from a United Express flight suffered a “significant” concussion and broken nose, and he lost two front teeth, one of his lawyers said Thursday...

The video shined an unwanted spotlight on the airline and the little-known police force that guards Chicago’s two main airports, and it could threaten the agency’s future.

Chicago’s aviation officers are not part of the regular police force, unlike in many other big cities. They get less training than regular officers and can’t carry firearms inside the airports...

“They are allowed in the terminal and baggage area, but my understanding is they may not be allowed on a plane,” he said. Zalewski also said that he is not sure if the officers have the authority to make arrests or if they are authorized only to write tickets...

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #2010 on: April 13, 2017, 07:27:34 PM »
One news show Said that plane lobbies had already passed a law saying that the planes can't reward passengers who give up their seats with more than x dollars. iirc it was about 660$.
In this case it was not high enough for enough passengers to take the reward.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:27:56 PM by rakovsky »

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #2011 on: April 13, 2017, 07:33:31 PM »
the man was going to sue, which seems like the obvious course; even if it's a weak case, United probably will want this out of the public eye as soon as possible.
It's not a weak case because people will say it's excessive force. They don't need to be so violent in removing a person that he loses teeth. Proper training at the least should prevent that.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2012 on: April 13, 2017, 07:45:46 PM »
the man was going to sue, which seems like the obvious course; even if it's a weak case, United probably will want this out of the public eye as soon as possible.
It's not a weak case because people will say it's excessive force. They don't need to be so violent in removing a person that he loses teeth. Proper training at the least should prevent that.

I agree now, though at the time that I wrote that I thought the extent of the damage was a busted lip/mouth, and some emotional trauma/embarrassment. Not mild by any means, but also not nearly as serious as it apparently was. I also didn't know that there was a question of whether the security were allowed to actually be on the plane, or use any type of physical force.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:50:48 PM by Asteriktos »

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #2014 on: April 17, 2017, 06:53:20 PM »

Good news: United Airlines has changed its policy as a result of this case.  No more bumping paying passengers for crew members.  Crew members have to be booked an hour ahead of departure to make sure they aren't taking anyone's seat ever again.  Delta, meanwhile, says that supervisor's can offer up to $9,950 in compensation for folks willing to give up their seat.  Nicely done, Dr. Dao.  :)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel

Offline benjohn146

• Elder
    • Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, Belleville, Ontario, Canada
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Metropolis of Toronto
« Reply #2016 on: April 22, 2017, 10:21:14 AM »
St Makarios, pray for us.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #2017 on: April 22, 2017, 06:01:35 PM »
"'Britain has one of the Lowest rates of church attendance in Europe'... 'The  statistics are clear, for 2050, 100,000 people in their pews on an average Sunday out of a population of 60 million'."
RT Report: Church of England en route to extinction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEPp4xeFZPA
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 06:03:58 PM by rakovsky »

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #2018 on: April 23, 2017, 08:33:27 PM »

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2019 on: April 29, 2017, 07:12:24 PM »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to FOCOF
« Reply #2020 on: April 29, 2017, 08:12:07 PM »
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 08:12:54 PM by Mor Ephrem »
Apparently, can smart . . has brain.

Yes, I do real Theology

I am the Antichrist LOL just kidding

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #2022 on: April 30, 2017, 02:54:27 AM »
"Long life to our fatherland, long life to our Orthodoxy!"
I'll try this next time the priests of Mammon bank employees deny me a reversal or block my account. These devils literally made me stay more than 24 hours hungry 500km from home last weekend, even though I had plenty of money in my checking account.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 02:55:28 AM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #2023 on: April 30, 2017, 09:57:24 PM »
Moses And Me (Song of the year 120 BC)

I am not sure that the kid's response to this situation is the correct one. I think it might require a thread of its own. As superman would say: This is a job for Abba Hezekiah!

If you cannot remember everything, instead of everything, I beg you, remember this without fail, that not to share our own wealth with the poor is theft from the poor and deprivation of their means of life; we do not possess our own wealth but theirs.  If we have this attitude, we will certainly offer our money; and by nourishing Christ in poverty here and laying up great profit hereafter, we will be able to attain the good things which are to come. - St. John Chrysostom

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2024 on: April 30, 2017, 10:04:42 PM »
Nicely done, Dr. Dao.  :)

I read a couple days back that he settled with the airline, though of course the details weren't disclosed.

Moses And Me (Song of the year 120 BC)

I am not sure that the kid's response to this situation is the correct one. I think it might require a thread of its own. As superman would say: This is a job for Abba Hezekiah!

He would say that? I think I need to read more comics, he seems much different than I would expect from the movies!