OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 11:20:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dollar Cheap or Value Items Megacompany American So Large Merge Now  (Read 96 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« on: Today at 04:03:20 AM »

Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar to stave off competition

Dollar Tree Inc agreed to buy rival discount chain Family Dollar Stores Inc for $8.5 billion to fend off growing competition from Wal-Mart Stores Inc and fellow discounter Dollar General Corp .

Dollar stores have struggled in a weak U.S. economy as Wal-Mart and other large retail chains chase penny-pinching consumers by offering more items priced at $1 or less.

The deal will give Dollar Tree more than 13,000 stores across the United States and Canada, vaulting the company ahead of Dollar General to become North America's biggest discount retailer, with more than $18 billion in annual sales...
WPM
Archon

« Reply #1 on: Today at 07:20:12 AM »

I prefer a specialty store with real items.
Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:33:50 PM »

I would say it has more to do with the popularity of resale stores, there is always a lot of people at the one near my house, while Dollar General across the street ,  is never that busy.

Course there are other items that you cannot find at resale stores.

I recently bought some aspirin at one dollar store,which is much cheaper than what you can get at the big retailers.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:37:16 PM by Sinful Hypocrite » Logged

The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:41:31 PM »

More caviar, Sir Snooty?

The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
Justin Kolodziej
Elder

Faith: Catholic (Carmelite wannabe)
Jurisdiction: The Bishop of Raleigh

which way's mt. carmel again???

« Reply #4 on: Today at 05:18:48 PM »

Last I checked the dollar store wasn't selling Platonic ideal forms instead of real physical items  Tongue

St. Justin Martyr, St. John Cassian, St. Simon Stock, St. Theresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross, pray for me!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: