Author Topic: Dr. Alveda King  (Read 41 times)

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
Dr. Alveda King
« on: Yesterday at 02:25:28 AM »

What an honor it was to be able to meet and spend the day with Dr. Alveda King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. She was in town to deliver a powerful speech at the Pro-Life Mississippi banquet last night. Today she spoke at a Mississippi pastors’ luncheon, led a beautiful prayer service outside of Mississippi’s last remaining abortion mill, and then hosted an in-depth panel discussion that focused on the issues of women’s health, sexuality, and the negative effects of abortion on African American women. I was privileged to be able to drive her to these various events, and I was also blessed to eat dinner with her. It was wonderful to spend quality time with this remarkable woman, listening to her words of wisdom and reasoning with her about ways to promote Life and end the scourge of legal abortion. Dr. Alveda King is truly following in her uncle’s footsteps by working for peace, standing for Life, and advocating for “the least of these.”  Please pray for Dr. Alveda King and all the other courageous souls who labor on behalf of unborn children and women with unwanted pregnancies. With prayer, sacrifice, and divine love, we shall overcome the violence, hatred, and evil of abortion.   

Selam
"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+

Offline Maria

• Orthodox Christian
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOC
Re: Dr. Alveda King
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 03:42:45 AM »
Wow! Thanks for sharing.

She is a wonderful pro-life witness.
Ἅγιος ὁ Θεός
Ἅγιος ἰσχυρός
Ἅγιος ἀθάνατος
ἐλέησον ἡμας

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
Re: Dr. Alveda King
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 03:48:22 AM »
Wow! Thanks for sharing.

She is a wonderful pro-life witness.

Indeed Maria. It was a real honor.

Selam
"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+