Author Topic: 'Passion' star Jim Caviezel talks about Mel Gibson's troubles, and his own  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Barlaam and Josaphat
    • The Mystical Theology
Actor Jim Caviezel, his voice sometimes cracking with emotion, spoke of being "rejected in my own industry," the problems of his friend Mel Gibson and his son's cancer in an appearance Saturday night at First Baptist Church of Orlando.

The star of "The Passion of the Christ," whom First Baptist pastor David Uth described as "more passionate about God" than anyone he's ever met, was in town to give witness to his faith, to urge others to share it and to sell a new all-star audio production of the Bible that he has produced.

During a 20-minute talk, Caviezel spoke of the troubles that have dogged Gibson, his "Passion" director, who has been labeled an anti-Semite in addition to being caught on tape ranting and cursing out the mother of his youngest child.

"Mel Gibson, he's a horrible sinner, isn't he?" Caviezel, 42, said. "Mel Gibson doesn't need your judgment, he needs your prayers."....
Caviezel also starred in The Thin Red Line; if you haven't seen that, I would recommend seeing it. His 2008 Outlander was pretty good, too.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 01:34:51 PM by Jetavan »
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Online kijabeboy03

• High Elder
  • "The glory of God is in man fully alive."
I heard he was struck by lightning during the filming - anyone know if that's true or just an urban myth?
"This is the Apostolic Faith, the Orthodox Faith, and the Faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it, and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church." ~ St. Severus of Antioch ~

Offline quietmorning

• Archon
  • St. Photini
    • Whispers Written - a friends only journal - pm to be added.
I heard he was struck by lightning during the filming - anyone know if that's true or just an urban myth?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3209223.stm

BBC NEWS:    
Last Updated: Thursday, 23 October, 2003, 17:47 GMT 18:47 UK 

Jesus actor struck by lightning

Jim Caviezel (left) was struck by lightning while filming
Actor Jim Caviezel has been struck by lightning while playing Jesus in Mel Gibson's controversial film The Passion Of Christ.
The lightning bolt hit Caviezel and the film's assistant director Jan Michelini while they were filming in a remote location a few hours from Rome.

It was the second time Michelini had been hit by lightning during the shoot.
In His Mercy,
BethAnna

Online kijabeboy03

• High Elder
  • "The glory of God is in man fully alive."
Interesting...
"This is the Apostolic Faith, the Orthodox Faith, and the Faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it, and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church." ~ St. Severus of Antioch ~

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
Caviezel also starred in The Thin Red Line; if you haven't seen that, I would recommend seeing it.

A wonderful movie.

Selam
"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+

Offline quietmorning

• Archon
  • St. Photini
    • Whispers Written - a friends only journal - pm to be added.
Interesting...

I think the fact that he lived through it and all the other stuff that happened is a testament to the great God we serve. :)  Nothing prevented the making even though it tried.
In His Mercy,
BethAnna

Offline Iconodule

• Uranopolitan
  • Taxiarches
  • "My god is greater."
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
Caviezel also starred in The Thin Red Line; if you haven't seen that, I would recommend seeing it.

A wonderful movie.

Agreed. The soundtrack with the Melanesian choirs is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEslvVk7hcU&feature=related
"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
  • Wonderworking Sitka Icon

Awful Film Blaaaaa.......... :police:
ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.

Offline Jharek Carnelian

And why do you think  that Staskho? Personally I'm not a great fan of it for a variety of reasons it must be said. Although my frustrations at messr. Gibson and his father long standing predilection for anti-semitic outbursts did play a part in that.
And then my heart hath told me:
These will pass,
Will pass and change, will die and be no more,
Things bright and green, things young and happy;
And I have gone upon my way
Sorrowful.

'The Wayfarer' Pádraig Anraí Mac Piarais

Offline Salpy

• Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • New Martyrs of Libya pray for us!
I hear Jim Caviezel is going to have a TV show this fall.  Does anyone know anything about it?

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
I hear Jim Caviezel is going to have a TV show this fall.  Does anyone know anything about it?

Fwiw...

Wiki article on it
TvLine article on it

We all have an El Guapo to face. Be brave, and fight like lions!

Form a 'brute squad' then!

Offline Stephen St. Pierre

• This user has been banned.

I think the fact that he lived through it and all the other stuff that happened is a testament to the great God we serve. :)  Nothing prevented the making even though it tried.

You're the first one I've heard that didn't attribute the lightning to God. I've always been inclined to think it was "the prince of the power of the air".

And why do you think  that Staskho? Personally I'm not a great fan of it for a variety of reasons it must be said. Although my frustrations at messr. Gibson and his father long standing predilection for anti-semitic outbursts did play a part in that.

Are you Jewish?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:12:40 AM by Stephen St. Pierre »

Offline Jharek Carnelian

Look to the left of my posts to the small icon displayed as my profile picture. Now look under the icon, now read the text. Are you going to work through some more logical fallacies as the day progresses?
These will pass,
Sorrowful.

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Barlaam and Josaphat
    • The Mystical Theology

Fwiw...

Wiki article on it
TvLine article on it

Taraji Henson is also in it (and she is apparently related to Matthew Henson, who, working for Robert Peary, was the first to reach the North Pole).
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Look to the left of my posts to the small icon displayed as my profile picture. Now look under the icon, now read the text. Are you going to work through some more logical fallacies as the day progresses?

Sorry I don't see your ethnicity under the Theotokos:

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches

And they say lightning never strikes the same place twice.

Lived next to this woman who evidently was struck by lightning twice in her youth. She was more than odd and although in her twenties, had a striking (pardon) white patch of hair.

If I were either, I would wear a Faraday cage for the rest of my life.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.

Offline Jharek Carnelian

Sorry I don't see your ethnicity under the Theotokos:

Ah my mistake. LOOK  over it. Sorry to delay your quest to explore logical fallacies via such an error. By the way I'm honoured to see you went to the trouble of copying and saving an image to imageshack and then linking to it here to make your reply. I'm truly flattered.

Asses are a very Biblical animal so I'm once again flattered by the comparision!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:27:42 PM by Jharek Carnelian »
These will pass,
Sorrowful.

And they say lightning never strikes the same place twice.

Lived next to this woman who evidently was struck by lightning twice in her youth. She was more than odd and although in her twenties, had a striking (pardon) white patch of hair.

If I were either, I would wear a Faraday cage for the rest of my life.

Surveilance camera - Man Struck By Lightning Twice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjI8AxZnrx8

OW!