OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 21, 2014, 08:35:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek & Apostolic Orthodox Query  (Read 4050 times) Average Rating: 0
silver3l

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2011, 08:28:26 PM »

I'd like to thank you all for the great advice, while I still have some thinking to do it's really helped me in understanding things better.

Happy Easter
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

St. Hripsimeh pray for us!

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2011, 10:05:56 PM »

Dear John,

First of all, should you decide to marry, may I wish you a truly happy and blessed marriage - regardless of in which church you marry.

Secondly, as you have probably seen by now, the mess our churches are in is very sad - in times when militant atheism and aggressive materialism are threatening all churches we continue splitting hairs and being at each others throats. God have mercy on us for trampling on John 17:20-23.

As far as I know, you are welcome to marry in the Armenian Church - how your church would react I don't know, and can only wish your church the fullness of the spirit and not the letter,

Yours truly,
e

Welcome, Edgar!

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
Tags: marriage 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: