OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 17, 2014, 08:27:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: an apology  (Read 844 times) Average Rating: 0
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

Pray for me an unworthy sinner

« on: May 26, 2004, 02:42:26 AM »

Recently, a certain member of this forum lifted a post I had made in another thread out of context.  The post in question was originally intended (and in the original context was clearly understood) as a joke.  However when lifted out of context it could and did offend some I am sure.  Rest assured, I am not nor have I ever been a member of the klan.  I am not nor have I ever been an anti-semite.  I am not nor have I ever been racist (towards blacks or anyone else for that matter).  Even though I do own a 22 (named Ginger), I don't stand on my front porch waitin' to shoot any yankee that dares walk by, despite how people desire to depict me.  

If I had been alive back then, I would have been an abolitionist (just as I support similar groups working in the Sudan and other regions where the egregious offense of slavery continues).  And in fact until a few months ago was a died in the wool member of the Party of Lincoln.  I say this not to bring politics up, but simply to proove how utterly ridiculous this slander against me was.  

I apologize if anyone was offended by the cr*p posted by ByzantinePrince.

Joe Zollars

These posts no longer represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse their contents.
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 11:25:34 PM »

lol @ "cr*p"

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
Nacho
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 02:38:54 AM »

Joe,

I don't accept your apology because I don't beleive you need to give one. I find it laughable that "little" people would get offended over something on an internet forum. I have found some things offensive by others on this forum & I may let them know, but come on, anyone that get's so offended that they demand an apology & for you to bow down to them is ridiculous.

You also shouldn't apologize for being an "unapologetic" southerner. Most of us who have studied the issue know that the South was in it's rights to defend it's self from a northern agressor who trashed the Constitution.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

Pray for me an unworthy sinner

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 02:48:45 AM »

I was not bowing to pressure to apologize. Notice I did not apologize for being a neo-confederate, but rather for beign teh neo-nazi  fascist Klan monger that a particular post when lifted out of context made me appear.  

Joe Zollars

These posts no longer represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse their contents.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: