Author Topic: Compline  (Read 519 times)

Offline Altar Server

• High Elder
  • Holy Father Seraphim, Pray to God for us!
Compline
« on: April 24, 2011, 08:37:12 PM »
Christ is Risen!

I was wondering what you would do regarding the troparion during compline during the paschal season would you chant the daily troparion and then the paschal troparion or vice versa or just one or the other

In Christ
Seraphim
All my hope I place in you, O Mother of God, keep me under your protection!

Offline arimethea

• Getting too old for this
  • Archon
  • Does anyone really care what you think?
Re: Compline
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 12:10:34 AM »
During Bright Week Compline is not said and is instead replaced by the Paschal Office. The daily offices after bright week are normal with the addition of "Christ is Risen..." at the start and the Paschal ending.
Joseph

Offline Orthodox11

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 03:36:31 AM »
During Bright Week Compline is not said and is instead replaced by the Paschal Office.

The same with the Midnight Office and the Hours. So the daily cycle becomes Paschal Office, Matins, Paschal Office, Vespers, Paschal Office.

The HTM Horologion adds an evening prayer to be read at the end of the Paschal Office when it replaces Compline, but I haven't seen it in any other Horologia as far as I can remember.

Offline Altar Server

• High Elder
  • Holy Father Seraphim, Pray to God for us!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 02:40:48 PM »
Thank you all!
All my hope I place in you, O Mother of God, keep me under your protection!

Offline Orthodox11

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 09:17:11 AM »
The HTM Horologion adds an evening prayer to be read at the end of the Paschal Office when it replaces Compline, but I haven't seen it in any other Horologia as far as I can remember.

Just to correct myself, the same Compline prayer also appears in my Greek Horologion.