OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 01:52:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Contemporary Christian Music Scene  (Read 1101 times) Average Rating: 0
SamB
High Elder

Crates of araq for sale! *hic*

« on: December 11, 2002, 07:36:44 PM »

http://reason.com/0202/cr.pb.rock.shtml
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 09:05:59 PM »

Cheesy  That's is a good one.  I think it accurately described the contemporary Christian music scene.

Life is just one disappointment after another.
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 04:00:31 AM »

I started moving away from contemporary christion music long before I became Orthodox. I remember one album I bought which I found particularly disturbing, not one song mentioned Jesus or God by name. A non-christian could have quite happily listened to it and not felt any conviction. In fact it could have just as easily been assumed that they were singing about Satan as much as God.

I also have to admit that I have certain misgivings about the group of monks in Greece who have produced a few albums of contemporary music. Their first album stood out with its simple musical arrangements and clear message, but the last album sounds just like so many other contemporary bands. Rather than be salt, they are instead taking on the flavour of the world. How will people see a lamp of pure white light if it is covered with a bowl of worldliness and looks just the same as so many other dim, coloured lights?
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: