OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 22, 2014, 05:37:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a ministry  (Read 528 times) Average Rating: 0
Lichnidos
Warned
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Powerslavlje strong in this one is.

« on: April 22, 2011, 12:32:49 AM »

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience in starting up an outreach ministry? If so, could you please Pm me?

And we can discuss as well in the open.

Blessed Pascha!

"Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable." - G.K. Chesterton
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

theologian by day, bard by night

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 10:04:51 PM »

I don't have much experience, but what kind of outreach style/tools/etc. were you thinking of?
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 01:44:37 AM »

Father Peter has one, which he writes about here:

http://orthodox-mission.blogspot.com/

When you think about it, a lot of outreach can be done through the internet.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

theologian by day, bard by night

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 01:50:44 AM »

When you think about it, a lot of outreach can be done through the internet.

Worked on me  Cheesy
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 03:10:26 AM »

Me too, I am pleased to know that the Sunday after next, I will be attending an Orthodox liturgy for the first time in my life...after a massive amount of time telling myself "Yeah, I will definitely become Orthdox...next year"  The greatest part in my decision to actually become Orthodox belongs to this website.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Lichnidos
Warned
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Powerslavlje strong in this one is.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 04:07:18 PM »

I am a student of the Diaconate. Whether or not this leads to ordination is up to God and the Bishop, however I am moving forward with service. I do not want to delve too much into depth here; but my idea was to speak with already established ministries in another State and work to bring it where I am at. My main concerns are, of course, getting the message out, but also financial. Is there an already established Orthodox network of funders who are just chomping at the bit to donate to a worthy cause organized by Orthodox Christians? I would love if I could also make a living out of doing this as I know it would be time consuming and I would not be able to spread myself too thin and still be an "adequate" father to my child.

"Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable." - G.K. Chesterton
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 05:59:31 PM »

Me too, I am pleased to know that the Sunday after next, I will be attending an Orthodox liturgy for the first time in my life...after a massive amount of time telling myself "Yeah, I will definitely become Orthdox...next year"

Wonderful news! 

The greatest part in my decision to actually become Orthodox belongs to this website.

A bit frightening  Grin, but I can say that this site, particularly some of its members, have helped me in my journey.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Tags: missions 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: