OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 20, 2014, 11:01:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Services offer post-Rapture care for pets left behind  (Read 2777 times) Average Rating: 0
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC of USA

Monk Vasyl
« on: May 11, 2011, 10:50:54 AM »

I'm only listing this in the religious section because it does deal with the "Rapture".  I must say that now I have seen everything:

Services offer post-Rapture care for pets left behind
By Karen Datko on Tue, May 10, 2011 4:22 PM

When my beloved Tankie died, a friend gave me a copy of "Dog Heaven," a sweet children's book. The drawings of happy dogs romping in an afterlife were comforting, even though I didn't buy the concept. 

But what if the book is wrong? What if there's not a life after death for dogs, cats or other household pets? And what if the Rapture comes and you're spirited off, leaving your critters behind? (Some people believe the Rapture will happen as soon as May 21.)

For more on this:  http://money.msn.com/shopping-deals/article.aspx?post=56c49c8f-8509-40ba-b035-26c2e5093b9b&gt1=33009

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 11:11:53 AM »

I'm only listing this in the religious section because it does deal with the "Rapture".  I must say that now I have seen everything:

Services offer post-Rapture care for pets left behind
By Karen Datko on Tue, May 10, 2011 4:22 PM

When my beloved Tankie died, a friend gave me a copy of "Dog Heaven," a sweet children's book. The drawings of happy dogs romping in an afterlife were comforting, even though I didn't buy the concept. 

But what if the book is wrong? What if there's not a life after death for dogs, cats or other household pets? And what if the Rapture comes and you're spirited off, leaving your critters behind? (Some people believe the Rapture will happen as soon as May 21.)

For more on this:  http://money.msn.com/shopping-deals/article.aspx?post=56c49c8f-8509-40ba-b035-26c2e5093b9b&gt1=33009

Well, if it happens on May 21 I am sure we Orthodox will all be sitting around wondering,what now, what shall we do with our time...so I suuppose we could take care of little Pookie et at. Boze moi, what will the heretics worry about next!  Smiley
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 11:40:10 AM »

Is May 21 when the Rapture is supposed to happen? That's my birthday!  Shocked

I know that people love their pets...I had a friend that stopped believing in Christianity for many reasons, one of them because she couldn't live with the concept of a heaven without her pets. I really don't understand that kind of thinking.  Undecided

What a great money making scheme, though!

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 12:23:56 PM »

Christ Is Risen!

In my neighborhood, there is a billboard advertising May 21st as the day of the Rapture.  As to pets and heaven, if God will be creating a new Heaven and a new Earth, one can figure there will be animal and plant life on it.  That's as far as I go with it.  Tho, the Rainbow Bridge poem (http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm) does soothe a broken heart when a pet dies, which was what happened on Bright Thursday, when I was forced to put my Bella (12 1/2 yr old beagle) to sleep, due to rectal cancer.

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:27:03 PM »

Aw, I'm sorry for your loss!  Sad Beagles are such sweet dogs.

I totally don't mean to sound insensitive to people with pets, but like you said, it's up to God to decide what He puts in heaven and just to be there would be an honor of the highest order.

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 12:33:51 PM »

Aw, I'm sorry for your loss!  Sad Beagles are such sweet dogs.

I totally don't mean to sound insensitive to people with pets, but like you said, it's up to God to decide what He puts in heaven and just to be there would be an honor of the highest order.

Thank you.  The other beagle is taking it hard with Bella gone.  Surprising, since they fought like sisters all the time, tho the last year they did have a truce of sorts.  This is a good example to all of us...speak and behave kindly to people while they are alive and not after they are gone.

PS:  You didn't sound insensitive in the least, to me.  Sounds like that person didn't have much of a foundation for their faith, if pets not going to heaven was one reason to leave Christianity.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:36:30 PM by Monk Vasyl » Logged

Dan the Man

Faith: Yes please
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church in the USA

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 12:39:45 PM »

So doesn't this mean that they're trusting their pets with people who weren't good enough for the rapture? Tongue
In all seriousness, this is probably one of the silliest things I've ever heard. laugh If there's one thing I really hate about it, it's that I didn't think of it first!

Do not gloat over me, my enemy!
    Though I have fallen, I will rise.
Though I sit in darkness,
    the Lord will be my light.
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 12:49:23 PM »

So doesn't this mean that they're trusting their pets with people who weren't good enough for the rapture? Tongue
In all seriousness, this is probably one of the silliest things I've ever heard. laugh If there's one thing I really hate about it, it's that I didn't think of it first!

What did P. T. Barnum once say?  "There's a sucker born every minute"

podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 02:36:28 PM »

What did P. T. Barnum once say?  "There's a sucker born every minute"

Only in America! The rest of our readers from around the world must now be convinced that we are deranged.  Wink Wink
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: