OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 21, 2014, 11:12:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does the Pope have the Seal of Solomon on his mitre?  (Read 7416 times) Average Rating: 0
Jharek Carnelian

Faith: Less than perfect Catholic. Married to member of ROC

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2011, 06:32:20 AM »

The Mogen David actually doesn't have that long a history as a Jewish symbol; the earliest associations are back in the 11th century and even then it was perhaps most often associated with the Kaballah.

Absolutely and even today some Jews do not like it's usage as a recognised symbol for Judaism. As to the thread's topic as Paisius says it does indeed have the ring of conspiracy theory. What's better yet is the fact that like all the best conspiracy theories it's managed to combine as many groups as possible under one heading as can be.

And then my heart hath told me:
These will pass,
Will pass and change, will die and be no more,
Things bright and green, things young and happy;
And I have gone upon my way
Sorrowful.

'The Wayfarer' Pádraig Anraí Mac Piarais
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2011, 02:19:41 AM »

However back to the point of the thread. It's rather sad at this hour of the day historically speaking to still see stuff about ZOG flying around. Both the Orthodox and Catholic Churches have historical issues with individuals within them in regards to that. It's one thing to point we disagree with Judaism theologically but quite another to go on about the 'House of Rothschild' etc.

Unfortunately when it comes to the Jews, and to some extent Catholicism as well, there are quite a few who are willing to lay reason aside and accept some of the most bizarre conspiracy theories.  Cool

But there are reasons to believe these theories, facts which many don't want to accept. People need to wake up and stop living in La La land!

Forgive my sins.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2011, 02:22:06 AM »

Quote from: celticfan1888
But there are reasons to believe these theories

No.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2011, 02:24:22 AM »

People need to wake up and stop living in La La land!

Huh You are mistaken sir. I live in Pennsylvania, and I would never live in Los Angeles. Although I have noticed that my Jewish Aunt and cousins are fairly well-to-do... maybe more than a coincidence? Huh

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin

Hey, so I'm in a pop-alt-punk-folk-prog band called "Affable Dregs" and we have a new album coming out, titled "Vicious Turnips Always Taste Most Delicious." We'd really appreciate your support!
Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2011, 07:00:23 AM »

However back to the point of the thread. It's rather sad at this hour of the day historically speaking to still see stuff about ZOG flying around. Both the Orthodox and Catholic Churches have historical issues with individuals within them in regards to that. It's one thing to point we disagree with Judaism theologically but quite another to go on about the 'House of Rothschild' etc.

Unfortunately when it comes to the Jews, and to some extent Catholicism as well, there are quite a few who are willing to lay reason aside and accept some of the most bizarre conspiracy theories.  Cool

But there are reasons to believe these theories, facts which many don't want to accept. People need to wake up and stop living in La La land!

Then perhaps sir you might let us know these facts as it is surely your duty to enlighten us if you possess such urgent knowledge we do not!

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 10:27:39 AM »

The Mogen David actually doesn't have that long a history as a Jewish symbol; the earliest associations are back in the 11th century and even then it was perhaps most often associated with the Kaballah.

Absolutely and even today some Jews do not like it's usage as a recognised symbol for Judaism. As to the thread's topic as Paisius says it does indeed have the ring of conspiracy theory. What's better yet is the fact that like all the best conspiracy theories it's managed to combine as many groups as possible under one heading as can be.

...and like with all 'conspiracy' theories, in order to be a true believer you have to suspend logic and accept the fact that tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people will be 'mum' about the 'conspiracy' for years, decades and centuries. Since drink, money and sex will usually ferret out even the darkest and deepest of secrets if applied properly, I don't find such 'theories' to be anything but nonsense.

Oh, and by the way, the Russian Orthodox Church must 'in' on this as well. Have you ever noticed that the hexagram is often used as a emblem on Russian phelons? Hmmm....
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:29:51 AM by podkarpatska » Logged
Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2011, 10:48:21 AM »

...and like with all 'conspiracy' theories, in order to be a true believer you have to suspend logic and accept the fact that tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people will be 'mum' about the 'conspiracy' for years, decades and centuries. Since drink, money and sex will usually ferret out even the darkest and deepest of secrets if applied properly, I don't find such 'theories' to be anything but nonsense.

Oh, and by the way, the Russian Orthodox Church must 'in' on this as well. Have you ever noticed that the hexagram is often used as a emblem on Russian phelons? Hmmm....

You know there seems to be a kind of small minority of members of both the Catholic and Orthodox Churches who love the whole 'world been run by international Jewry' stuff. There must be something universally appealing about this er stuff. At the moment outside this site I'm caught up in a debate where some Catholic guy is trying to use a site by a purported Orthodox monastic to show me how the Protocols of the Elder of Zion are true and a great fount of wisdom. The fact that I've pointed out that the guy he is using as a source belongs to monastery that is in schism with ROCOR and has been condemned by them makes not the slighest difference to the whole exchange.

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Theologoumenon

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 11:10:54 AM »

Excuse me gentlemen, does anyone care to take a crack at:
Does anybody know if the ring still survives?

Facinating!!! Is this the ring reputed to have bound the demons and forced them to construct the temple, as found in the Testament of Solomon?
podkarpatska
Merarches

Pokrov

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 11:13:43 AM »

You know there seems to be a kind of small minority of members of both the Catholic and Orthodox Churches who love the whole 'world been run by international Jewry' stuff. There must be something universally appealing about this er stuff. At the moment outside this site I'm caught up in a debate where some Catholic guy is trying to use a site by a purported Orthodox monastic to show me how the Protocols of the Elder of Zion are true and a great fount of wisdom. The fact that I've pointed out that the guy he is using as a source belongs to monastery that is in schism with ROCOR and has been condemned by them makes not the slighest difference to the whole exchange.

To my mind, conspiracy theories are one of Satan's greatest inventions.

They play on the minds of people. Like true religious faith, they require one to accept much which appears  to be irrational and contradictory and unseen. They are a great tool for those who would use 'reason' and 'logic' to destroy faith, for if the believer in a conspiracy theory finds his or her belief in the conspiracy to be foolish, they may be susceptible to having their religious faith undermined at the same time - or they may never find the means to gain such faith.

Likewise for those antagonistic to religion, they lump the pious Christian in the same boat of illogic with the conspiracy theorists, making it easier for them to dispense their own doctrines of non-belief.
Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 11:41:23 AM »

That's a marvellous summary and indeed it's true many conspiracy theorists 'faith' is superficially akin to religious faith. Often so called 'sacred books' are wheeled out and texts from them used to show how one race or group is responsible for the majority of the world's ills. It seems to be so much easier than admitting we all hold some responsibility. Ultimately though it's much harder as history has showed time and time again.

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2011, 11:58:30 AM »

Then perhaps sir you might let us know these facts as it is surely your duty to enlighten us if you possess such urgent knowledge we do not!

Go examine the 9/11 videos, or listen to interviews with former CIA operatives, that's agood start.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2011, 11:59:52 AM »

Quote from: celticfan1888
But there are reasons to believe these theories

No.

Nope the government would never lie to us. *zombie walk*

Psh.

Forgive my sins.
podkarpatska
Merarches

Pokrov

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2011, 11:59:59 AM »

It is said that the truth never gets in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2011, 12:01:17 PM »

Go examine the 9/11 videos, or listen to interviews with former CIA operatives, that's agood start.

Possibly the design in question on the Pope's mitre which started this thread is a secret communicator whereby he relays information to ZOG to plan such events as the one your reference above Smiley

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2011, 12:02:54 PM »

To my mind, conspiracy theories are one of Satan's greatest inventions.

They play on the minds of people. Like true religious faith, they require one to accept much which appears  to be irrational and contradictory and unseen. They are a great tool for those who would use 'reason' and 'logic' to destroy faith, for if the believer in a conspiracy theory finds his or her belief in the conspiracy to be foolish, they may be susceptible to having their religious faith undermined at the same time - or they may never find the means to gain such faith.

Likewise for those antagonistic to religion, they lump the pious Christian in the same boat of illogic with the conspiracy theorists, making it easier for them to dispense their own doctrines of non-belief.

I'm actuay only following the facts that make sense. I don't care if anyone believes me. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

As for you saying that's Satan's work, I'm pretty sure worshiping the government as an infallible source is pretty darn satanic.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2011, 12:04:11 PM »

It is said that the truth never gets in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

If you show me proof otherwise I'll change my view, its happened before.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2011, 12:05:36 PM »

Possibly the design in question on the Pope's mitre which started this thread is a secret communicator whereby he relays information to ZOG to plan such events as the one your reference above Smiley

I'm pretty sure the Roman Catholic Church hasn't been taken over.

Forgive my sins.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2011, 12:06:56 PM »

*starts praying*

Please no one recommend Zeitgeist, Please no one recommend Zeitgeist, Please no one recommend Zeitgeist, Please no one recommend Zeitgeist...

Kiss

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin

Hey, so I'm in a pop-alt-punk-folk-prog band called "Affable Dregs" and we have a new album coming out, titled "Vicious Turnips Always Taste Most Delicious." We'd really appreciate your support!
podkarpatska
Merarches

Pokrov

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2011, 12:08:01 PM »

I really don't think that not being susceptible to conspiracy theories amounts to 'worshiping the government' nor does this thread have anything to do with 9/11.
Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2011, 12:10:45 PM »

I'm pretty sure the Roman Catholic Church hasn't been taken over.

It would seem some posters don't share your confidence Grin

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2011, 12:12:17 PM »

I really don't think that not being susceptible to conspiracy theories amounts to 'worshiping the government' nor does this thread have anything to do with 9/11.

It has a lot to do with 9/11.

I'm saying you have no physical proof I'm wrong, and I have no physical proof youre wrong.

I'm just following where the evidence brings me, and you think you're so holy and mighty and better than me because you only listen to one source, thats rediculous.

But you cant deny the fact that the CIA has done some horrible things in the past.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:14:05 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2011, 12:33:55 PM »

Truth.  Smiley

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

spcasuncoast.org
Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2011, 12:47:25 PM »

I'm saying you have no physical proof I'm wrong, and I have no physical proof youre wrong.

I'm just following where the evidence brings me, and you think you're so holy and mighty and better than me because you only listen to one source, thats rediculous.

But you cant deny the fact that the CIA has done some horrible things in the past.

Indeed the CIA has done many an upleasant thing in the past like many similar agencies around the world, bu their relevance to the 'seal of Solomon on the Pope's mitre' continues to elude me also....

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2011, 12:50:01 PM »

Indeed the CIA has done many an upleasant thing in the past like many similar agencies around the world, bu their relevance to the 'seal of Solomon on the Pope's mitre' continues to elude me also....

Someone brought up conspiracy along the way...but you are right, this really doesnt have much to do with this thread. lol

I didnt mean for it to get this far, Im sorry.  Lips Sealed

Forgive my sins.
Paisius
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Wherever the wind blows......

Scheherazade

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2011, 02:34:39 PM »

It's also connected to the vast Vatican Super Computer™ (maintained by fish worshiping, Illuminati members of Opus Dei), that is used to keep track of the names, addresses and shoe sizes of all the world's Protestants.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frédéric Bastiat
Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2011, 03:42:58 PM »

Ah yes the Jack Chick Model 666 AC. Also known as 'the Beast'. It has 144,000 Gigabytes of Roman Ram and a Foxe book harddrive with a truly apocalyptic ammount of storage.   

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2011, 07:07:20 PM »

Gasp!

spcasuncoast.org
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: